Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:50

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%

It depends on the speed of your weight loss.
The "induction" is salad first, then thirds of veg, meat, carb (INCLUDING dessert).
You weigh every day, then average your weight for the week. If your average is more than 3 lbs per week less than the week before, then the salad becomes part of your thirds instead of before them.
If you're still losing too quickly, then you make it 2.5 low carb meals.

Last edited by Meeker : Thu, Jan-17-02 at 16:03.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:54

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Thanks Meeker!

I really do appreciate all of yours and the others help about informing me about the CALP. I am thinking seriously about switching to it from the Atkins.

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 16:07

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Example reward:

Salad

Steak, green beans, ice cream

I tend to save my carbs for dessert, but that's just me.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 00:46
Registered Member

Plan: CALP/Atkins
Stats: 175/140/110
BF:
Progress: 54%
Cool

Hello out there! I wanted to thank you for posting all this great information! I'm new here and I can't believe that I finally found a board for THIS diet!

I've tried several different diets and have gone from 175 to 132 in a year. In july I started low carbs and discovered how incredible it is to be "free!!." Before, dieting was like a prison to me. Today I started on CALP, even though I've been thinking about it for a long time. My main question is :"how much should I expect to lose per week!!!?." LOL

You're all great and I thank you for being here!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 08:02

Plan: CALP
Stats: 180/164/120
BF:
Progress:

You have done Wonderfully. Congratualtions
I lost approximately 10 pounds the first two weeks and now it has leveled off to one to two pounds a week.

I find that the CALP works great for me. However, I still have problems when we go to a restaurant. I am not a big fan of salads, although, I am getting better at it.

Joyce
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 16:39
Registered Member

Plan: CALP/Atkins
Stats: 175/140/110
BF:
Progress: 54%
Cool

Thank you Crafter You're not doing too bad yourself! TEN lbs the first two weeks! OMG! I'll be hearing angels and trumpets if I could do that! I imagine that since my body's been losing for a while now, something like that won't happen in my case...Still, I'd be more than happy if I can lose one good pound a week, like you're doing now. Besides, not just losing one pound BUT actually being able to eat some treats!

It's only my second day and I can't shake the feeling that...if I eat low carbs during the day...then I "should" eat low carbs the whole time OR ELSE! LOL I know, it's just the liitle devils running around in my head! LOL Gotta get a hold of it and jump into the water! And I'm doing it! I'll still do it for one good month and then review my notes...

Is there a food journal for CALP? There're times when I'm not sure about a few things...menuwise. It'd be nice to see what others actually eat during the day AND the reward meal (I don't want to over do it )

Please keep posting! I'm reading all your CALP posts!Thanks!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 21:22

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%

JoAnn from my understanding you eat salad 1-2 cups lettuce- with dressing if desired before the meal. Then the reward meal is 1/3 protien, 1/3 craving reducing vegetables (low carb veg) and 1/3carb. the carb can be and form high carb vegs (peas,corn poataoes ect) or stadches or dessert or a combo of these foods to =1/3 of the reward meal. Meal must be eaten in a 60 minute time frame or it mucks up the insulin levels and your cravings kick in.
Hope this sheds some light!