Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 19:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

I suppose the ingredients is what matters though. Do you really see them working?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 17:25

Stats: 217/186/167 Male 5'8"
BF:??
Progress: 62%

In the last 4+ weeks I've cheated pretty good(Pizza,Beer,fries, taco's,cake, cokies,candy..etc..,) but I try to take the carb blockers before I do... I haven't lost any weight and I've not gained any also
and I'm down a total of 38lbs from when I started in May..So yes I think they work but you've got to get back on the low carb diet the next day...
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 18:34

BF:

I thought I cheated, you went way out there. By the way, the only thing the blockers supposedly work on is starchy food, not sugars. That is what I based my experimentation on and found them to be less than reliable.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 14:59

BF:

Was wandering around the health food store in the mall last night and came upon a different brand carb blocker than the three I have tried to date. This one has 1g in each serving, the others ranged from 450mg to 600mg, although I did combine them at times to see if the results changed. Last night I had one small glass of wine, a crust of bread, a few bites of ziti with sauce and broiled fish marinara and did not notice a gain of weight this morning. This morning I ate 1/2 cup of oatmeal for breakfast along with the carb blockers, I really miss that food. We shall see what it looks like tomorrow, but the strips don't seem to register for me any more despite slow weight loss so I can not verify with them. The store says they have a money back guarantee on them, so I may look for my 20 bucks back...or maybe not.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 15:13
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins-OWL
Stats: 201/162.3/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Yo, Bayrat
Thanks for the info. What's the name of these?
I'm going to China next spring and you know what they eat. Rice. I'm going to work in an orphanage for 10 days and wont feel right not eating what everybody else eats so I'm kinda concerned about gaining.

Bette
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 16:14

BF:

Natrol Carb Interceptor. Got them at GNC yesterday, but the jury is still out. I need to see what the weight is tomorrow, if it is stable then they did the job and perhaps I will still lose a few ounces next week..I'll let you know. Hmmmm...China sounds interesting, could be a good time.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 16:57
Contributing Member

BF:

Oh, I am going to have a very good time. I'm going to be in Langfang, right out side Beijing so I'll be able to see all the sites. But.... there's all that rice.
So let me know the results
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 18:21

BF:

One thing about rice aside from the obvious, you can make it taste different every day. One of my favorite Chinese take-out tricks is to order the Hot and Sour soup if I know they make a good one, usually comes with a half pint of rice. You mix the rice and soup and for about two bucks have a really great hot lunch. I know, I know....no carbs though. I will post results as they appear.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 18:49
Contributing Member

BF:

I know about rice. I lived in Nicaragua for a year in 1994 and they eat lots of rice too. I learned to make it all kinds of different ways. Now I'm putting all those recipes to work in cauliflower, etc.
I thought I read on one of your posts that youweren't going to do carb blockers ever again. Did I read wrong?
Bette
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 19:01

BF:

What I said is that they appeared to be useless, and to this point have been for me. The girl in the empty GNC store had plenty of time to convince me these worked and I bit. Aways a sucker for a pretty face, but perhaps this kind will, I keep and open mind. If it appears this blocker has no effect, I will return for my 20 bucks and nothing lost. They may work on some people, I have had no luck up to last night. We shall see when the scale is mounted Monday and Tuesday.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 19:05
Contributing Member

BF:

cool
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 19:07

BF:

Sack time, take care Bette.
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 19:15

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 214/150/145 Female 5'4
BF:don't know anymore
Progress: 93%

hI
oK i read all threads and you have to understand something. its marketing mostly. low carb business is huge in my store we are 30,000 above last year sales all due to low carb, everyone out there is trying to make a buck. Ok on the flip side not all supplements are bad for you. I can't stand people who speak without knowlege first. the phase 2 has been studied. and I think it does work but not to cheat with junk. I would use to help break plateua, most supplements are safe. there is also another ing ou there that is good its banaba. In a product called sugar ease.
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 19:21
Contributing Member

BF:

I just want something that will work for 10 days. I don't just want to eat whatever I want but out of necessity eat what I'm offered. I can't imagine that there will be very much protein or fat. In my experience in 3rd world settings they eat mostly rice and white flour, some vegetables and a little sweet stuff.
Bette
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 19:25

BF:

Anna,

Guess what, I did not hit the sack yet. Are you implying I am speaking without knowledge here and so you can't stand me? I simply conducted my own study and am giving results. I can also assure you that I have read the research on the internet and have not found a double blind study conducted on humans. If you have that link, please share it. On the flip side, I hope you are right.

Now I hit the sack!

Last edited by Bayrat : Mon, Oct-20-03 at 14:15.