Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-08, 12:25
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%
Arrow Weight Maintenance Plan

WEIGHT MAINTENANCE PLAN
Step 1: Establish your Low and High Weight.

Your low weight will be your goal weight or the weight you are now coming off of your weight loss plan.

Start weighing yourself every morning before you eat or drink anything. Note your weight on a daily basis.

Begin eating more normally. Don’t go crazy with high calories and fat, but enjoy yourself. In a few days you wil notice a weight gain…….. probably around 3 to 5 pounds….Don’t panic… this is normal. This weight will be your high weight. Make a note of your high weight.

Step 2: Don’t Go Above your High Weight.

When you hit your high weight it is time to watch your calorie intake. Go back to 1200 calories until you reach your low weight again. It will probably only take a couple of days to reach your low weight again. Make sure you do not drop to 1200 calories for longer than 72 hours as you will slow down your metabolism and maintenance will be more difficult for you.

Step 3: Go Back to Step 1 and Do it Again.

Once you are back to your low weight go back to Step 1 and start eating normally again until you reach your high weight again. You will note everything on the All Diet Source Weight Maintenance Chart everyday, so you know how you are doing. Remember to weigh yourself every morning and note it on the Weight Maintenance Chart.

You will notice at first that you might be going through this whole process a handful of times a month. But, shortly you will see that your low calorie days get less and less throughout the month. Over time you might only have to do this whole process one or twice a month. The reason for this is your metabolism speeds up making your maintenance very easy.

This is the maintenance plan that worked for me and it can be a lifetime way of maintaining your weight loss. It is easy to do and it works flawlessly as long as you weigh yourself every day and note it on the Weight Maintenance Chart.

Congrats again for losing your weight… enjoy this maintenance plan!!

http://www.today.com/external.php?u...lan/id-3376436/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-08, 16:30

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Interesting, Judy. I personally couldn't get past Step One: "....Don't panic..." 3-4 lbs and I'm definitely panicking.

I did finally get at the point where, 4 years after beginning I don't log every morsel into FitDay any longer. Frankly, I got too darned busy. And then I found that when I stopped doing that I went on Yaz for PMDD, my weight has been pretty steady for the past few months.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-08, 12:24

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

1200 calories a day? Are you kidding me? 1200 calories for me is barely a meal.

I'm lucky in that I eat pretty much whatever I want and don't gain (but it is very hard to lose!). If I do go up a couple of pounds, I cut back on carbs for a few days until it's gone. It's mostly water anyway.

For me, one of the best things about LC is not counting calories-- or being hungry either.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-08, 15:01
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

That is just one person's approach to her maintenance.

Personally, I eat way more than 1200 cals per day (more like 1800-2000)and I'm doing just fine!!

But I do have an absolute high and low weight that I work to stay within that range.