Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: montignac
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default corn, salads, and cream

i just went out for lunch today, and every time they put lots of corn in the salad as well as a dressing that probably has some sugar in it. do you think this is bad to eat on occassion? i know montignac would say it was, but i wonder if we have to be 100%. i ate it with a grilled chicken breast and wing.
also, if you are having a protein lipid breakfast, what would you put in your coffee? i often refer to somers books because she is so much more clear, and she says you must have cream or the carbs will send all the fat to fat storage. but montignac never mentions using cream. just curious as i plan on making omelettes in the morning. also if you are having a protein lipid meal, would you still have lowfat yogurt, or should we mix it with whole milk yogurt?
i guess i am still struggling over how strict to be and which plan to follow exactly. each plan seems to be basically the same in theory, but with little differences in practice that confuse me.
i also wanted to add that i have been reading your experiences with the montignac website and i think it is awful! montignac could ruin his good reputation this way, i am afraid.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 11:01

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

I find it relatively easy to say "hold the corn, and dressing on the side" - that way you can control the amount of dressing and my tip is to dip your fork in the dressing on the side, and get a little on the tips of the prongs, and then pick up some of the salad. That way you get the taste of the dressing, but the salad isn't drowning in it.

Re yogurt and coffee cream. I always use fat free or at the most 1% milk. I'm cutting down on saturated fats - I don't care whether atkins or whoever says it is ok. I don't think it is.

Spang