Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 14:48
Jerzee

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default New to forum, veteran of the lowcarb lifestyle.

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself. I was on a lowcarb diet for nearly a year and lost a tremendous amount of weight. I let a few cheats here and a few cheats there completely destroy what I had accomplished. Little by little I put the weight back on and I am miserable. The benefits of the lowcarb lifestyle can be gauged by how great you feel when you accomplish your goals and seeing the pounds drop off, the compliments and kudo's from friends and family. Its time for me to stop this insanity and get back into the lowcarb lifestyle. Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 14:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Jerzee, welcome aboard!

I think I know exactly how you feel! (My story is at the bottom of the Stories section from the menu above).

Have you gained all the weight back? I gained about 50% of what I lost, but now on back on track, since that tought me a lesson to do this as a way of life.

Hope to hear more about your progress,

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 15:09
Jerzee

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Hi tamarian,

No I did not gain it all back but I am well on my way. Started at 245lbs last year and got down to a slim 185lbs. I felt too skinny for my large frame so I put a few lbs back on and planned to keep it under 200. Well I goofed big time and I am now ready to get back on track. Best of luck to you as well. I am here to help if you need me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 15:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Jerzee, you sound more and more like me! When I reached 185, everyone told me I looked sick and should put some weight on.

I'm shooting for 220-230 as a goal, since I'm lifting and expect some muscle gain.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 16:25

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Welcome aboard Jerzee!!! I am from the suburbs of Philly but my boyfriend is from South Jersey..... glad to have found someone real close!

I wish you the best of luck!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 21:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/183/120
BF:
Progress: 14%

This site is great for support and advise. There are alot of very informed people on here. They have been a great help to me. Lots of good advise, receipes, and very honest.

Stick with us kid, you'll go places.

#7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 23:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/198.75/130
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Hey! That's my story too!

Welcome Jerzee!
Your story sounds so much like my story too! I started low-carbing in August of 1999 at 230 lbs and size 26 jeans. By November I was down to 180, and size 16 jeans...

and then little bit by little bit I went back up again...

I never thought I'd weigh this much again, but I started low-carbing again in earnest last Sunday at 218. Whew. I can hardly believe it myself that I let myself fall this much off the wagon when I was doing so well...

Actually, you know what I think the real problem was?

I had been faithfully reading and posting *something* in asdlc everyday from August to December. Then I got too busy at work...

And asdlc suddenly exploded with new members when low-carbing was covered on "20/20" and "Oprah." It was harder and harder for me to keep up with all that reading! And instead of the small (I think there were 200 members then) low-carbing community I'd gotten to know and love, I suddenly felt like a tiny little voice in a huge impersonal city!! And so asdlc (and low-carbing) took a back seat to all my stuff at work... Big mistake.

Now I know I really need to let other people know how I am doing on this WOE *every* *day* or I'm likely to start backsliding again!

So anyway, the whole point of this is to tell you you've found a great group! Small enough so you won't feel overwhelmed, but overflowing with a wealth of knowledge, compassion, and support! (And don't you just love the smilies, and the little pictures next to the names, and the Whoosh Fairy?)

So read and post everyday and let us know how you're doing!

Mae West
218/213.75/214.5/130 Atkins since 6/3/01
"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!" The Other Mae West
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-01, 07:00
Jerzee

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default I like it here already!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am back on induction as of this morning and so far so good. This is a tough time of year for starting over with the summer upon us but I had to do something fast. If I waited til the end of the summer who knows how much more weight I would have put on.

This really sounds like a great group and I am looking forward to getting to know you all. One question? While I am on induction, is this the forum I should stay in or should I head over to the daily low carber's forum?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-01, 07:24

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Bah summer is a great time to start the diet! Think of all that wonderful stuff you can throw on the grill, that and the fact you can go out and enjoy that sunshine

Welcome to you!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-01, 07:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/245/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi Jerzee

You're going to like it here. Keep us updated on your progress - you can do that through the Daily Low Carber or start your story in the Journal section.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-01, 08:39
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default hi Jerzee!

I'm another former lowcarber ... turned lowfat .... gained/lost/gained/lost/gained/lost/gained/gained/gained ... .. I returned to lowcarb over a year ago .. I've lost 35 lbs so far and I'm NEVER looking back ... I have chronic health problems that have made my loss a little slower than some, but I know if I was still following a high-grain diet, even if it was lowfat and low calorie, I'd have just kept on gaining. It's lowcarb 4evr for me .. on through maintenance and old age!

About where to post around here ... well, you are more than welcome to post anywhere ... this is YOUR forum .. .. I sure hope you have the chance to explore it all .... also check out the whole Lowcarb.ca website .... lots of great info ... just click anywhere on the red menu bar at the top of the page. Have fun, and I sure look forward to reading all about your lowcarb success.

Doreen
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-01, 09:13
Jerzee

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks Doreen!

I too tried converting to low fat and failed miserably.

I did special K for breakfast and lean cuisine for lunch and I was always hungry and ended up visiting the candy maching before the end of the day. I threw in the towel when I could no longer fit into my clothes and needed to go out an buy larger sizes. Besides, a great deal of lowfat foods tasted horrible. I would much rather feast on good meats, seafood and cheese than eat lowfat.