Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 08:22

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

2brickie - since you've been on this the longest, do you find your cravings have went away? I was thinking that the cravings would be due to the candida since it feeds off the "nono" stuff we shouldn't have. Once it's under control, wouldn't the cravings stop too?

ALso, do you eat yogourt? and Art. Sweetners? I was wondering because I've read several sites where the Art Sweet.'s will actually have the same reaction to the yeast as sugar does. The only thing that doesn't feed the yeast was Stevia.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 09:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

UPDATE:

I started taking oil of oregano (oreganol) and Co-Q 10 last Friday. Since then, I have lost 4 pounds.

I was stalled or up and down with the same pound or two for 3 weeks prior . . . .

Hmmmm . . . might be on to something!! Whoosh?!?

Sue
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 09:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

okay first things first, the die off symptoms are caused when the body is getting rid of the yeast build up. i did read somewhere that if you take fiber and drink plenty of floods these should be under control. i havent had them, but i take for the record every day, 1 multi vitamin, 1 oregano capsule, 5 psyllium husk capsules, day and night, 3 1000 mg flax seed oil gel caps. i try to avoid as much cheeses and other foods on the list you are supposed to, but i do eat meat, i grew up on a ranch as my father says your not eating unless you have your protein. i have cut out as much as possible and drink a ton of water, i didnt just start eating things i should i have always tried to eat as natural as possible.

i find that i dont crave things and it really helps with your appetite, but you must continue to get your 20 grams of carbs or i dont think it would work. i am not a doctor but i tend to try to stay away from alot of antibiotics and stuff if i can. actually since starting my lc life, i havent been sick, so i can say just that has really helped me.

i am waiting on an email back from my friend who is involved with young living oils and i will let you all know whats going on with that.

i would like to hear from you all to see if it has helped you at all. i use a capsule form not the liquid and havent smelled quite like italian food yet. my sister takes the oregano and is in the military and said it has improved her energy level greatly. my mom is a size 4 now so she isnt going to quit taking it anytime soon i dont think. we will all just smell oreganoie together. i really honestly feel if you ate foods heavy with starches and sugars this wouldnt help you, but i am not sure of that. it does say yeast build up sugar is a major problem with that as well as white flour.
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 09:27
Registered Member

Stats: 170/163/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Well you guys have me sold! I am going to my natural food store around the corner and trying this out. I hope I have 1/2 the results!

CIAO
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 09:28

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

Just wanted to say....I'm taking the 150 mg capsule and I haven't noticed a smell or taste of oregano. However, I do have a strange urge for garlic bread. (JUST KIDDING!!) hehe
  #111   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 09:29

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Brickie-- thanks for clarifying! So, does your sister and mom take the 50 mg capsules as well? (as u might be able to tell, i'm concerned about the high dosage stuff cause i know overdosing on antibiotics can lead to antibiotic resistance--major prob these days-- as well as some internal bleeding/stomach issues)
does fiber really help with the die-off symptoms? Any other methods for relief?
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 10:38

BF:

my mom and sister take the same as i do.
  #113   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 10:43
Registered Member

Stats: 211/163/141 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Draven9981, I too sweat more and have a slight odor. The odor isn't consistent though. It comes and goes. I am not familiar with yeast or the signs of it. What makes you think this is caused by yeast. Please educate me!
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 10:54

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

i went out and bought the oregano oil w/ olive oil 150 mg per capsule from GNC - Brand Name - Oreganol (made from wild oregano...)

i did not get it until about 2 pm yesterday took one and have gone down 1 pound as of this morning. will take more today and let you know the results.

the girl at gnc says she takes 2 with every meal and she does notice they help her lose weight not to mention it is a great antioxidant. she also said people take them to help with sinus problems (she noticed i had that problem) and i must admit my sinuses dont seem to be bothering much today.
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 11:04
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Thumbs up

Wow. We have been using the same brand since the 20th. Haven't noticed any changes yet. . .
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 11:28

BF:

im glad to here some people have heard of it at gnc. the guy at our health food store says it is hard to keep on the shelves because people take it for sinuses and such. my parents do have a friend who says that is the only thing she did differently is the oregano and she lost 23 pounds on it. now i say if we eat as good as we do and take it, then it should help. i am still at 124 but maybe my body just thinks this is the right weight for me. i guess 124 isnt that far from 123 right?
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 11:32

Plan: My Way!
Stats: 293/273/250 Female 5'8
BF:too darn much!
Progress: 47%

I will start as soon as mine arrives in the mail!!!
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 11:47

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks

I actually got the last bottle on the shelf at the HFS I went to. Must be a pretty popular item! I haven't lost anything since the 2 pounds over the weekend, but I still feel great!
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 12:34

BF:

my mother in law went to get some last night and our local fred meyers is all sold out. she is trying gnc today. i hope she finds it.
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 12:36
Registered Member

Stats: 222/193/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Talking

i am on my way to the HFS! you all have got me so excited about this! i have been the same 202 for over 2 weeks! i can't wait to see the 100's!!!! i will be so happy if this gets me moving! thanks for the great tip! i will keep you posted.