Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 20:30

Plan: Fat Flush Plan
Stats: 233/146/150 Female 5ft 8inches
BF:22%
Progress: 105%

**NEWSFLASH**
NOBODY likes their first taste of flaxseed oil. The GOOD news is that the flavor varies by manufacturer. Spectrums organic high lignan flaxseed oil has the mildest taste. Barlean's high lignan tastes nutty to me and Health from the Sun's FSO has rosemary added (it's an acquired taste).
If your FSO tastes bitter or metallic-y, it's rancid and you should throw it out or return it for a refund.

Many of us hid the FSO in our smoothies (1 Tbsp per smoothie) or in salad vinaigrettes and the like.

If you absolutely cannot get the FSO down, though, you can switch to ground flaxseeds (3 Tbsp flaxseed = 1 Tbsp FSO). It's important to toast them before grinding, though.

happy flushing,
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 08:51

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks for the "newsflash" C ... lol.
I'll make a note of the different brands - sounds like Spectrum's would be the one for me.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 07:57

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Hi I'm back with another question.
I've been doing the daily cranwater with ground flax, eating as much natural foods as I can.
Why toast the flax seed before you grind them.
And at what temp and how long to toast.

Thanks.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippie
Why toast the flax seed before you grind them. And at what temp and how long to toast.Thanks.
Hey babe,
If you eat more than 3-4 Tbsp of flaxseed daily, you need to deactivate cyanogenic glycosides found in flaxseed (and lima beans, bamboo shoots, etc) that can inhibit thyroid function. You deactivate the substance with heat. Toast the flaxseeds at 250 degree oven for 20 minutes.

How you doin?
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 21:15

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Thank you for the info. I knew something about not heating flax at a high temp. I really appreciate you sharing your info.

I'm doing ok, still trying to eat better. FF and SB foods list are similar so doing the best I can right now. So I'm really doing SB and some FF. I can't afford the supplements yet so if you have any suggestion just let me know. I've never eaten much salt, and have even cut it out more. Still like to have pepper but have cut it back too. Using a lot of different spices.

Still loosing weight hope to hit my 100 lbs soon. My first goal is 150 lbs, but my true goal is 130.

I checked out your link to FF recpies. They are very helpful.
Thanks for all your help.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 20:45

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi,
Just saying hello, as a former "Fat Flusher," Ann-Louise Gittleman's inelegant term for those who try her plan.

The website was well designed. I kept the Journal that accompanies the book. Since I am not in England I could find cranberry juice (unsweetened of course) and everything else she requires.

What irritated the socks off of me was she and her website made me feel like I had joined some expensive cult. After you buy her products from an offbrand called Unikey, next you're being pressured to go on cruises and retreats with her for God's sake!!!!

Spend $3,000 so I can hang out with ALG (as she is referred to) and her "friends"?

Don't have the time or the money for that fol de rol. Some few do. They go on various retreats and cruises with her and her fat flushers.

I kept wondering how healthy my liver was.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 06:18

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

wow, a tad bitter, are we? does this come from falling off plan?

I don't think the term fat Flusher is inelegant, it's just someone who is doing the fat flush so is flushing out fat.

And I don't agree you get "pressured" to go on the Cruise - the opportunity is there for those who want to go, but if you can't it's not like you are excluded from some kind of weird clique.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 17:16

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

"does this come from falling off the plan? "

No. I followed the plan very carefully--the warm lemon water, the cran, the flaxseeds, cinnamon, cumin, teeccino, the menus, washing produce--nothing happened.

What I didn't do was buy the special supplements or go on cruises.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 20:51

I didn't buy the supplements or go on cruises...at first. For the first two months, I just followed the eating plan and I lost weight. After that, I added supplements (matching locally the recommendations in the FFP book as closely as I could) and I lost weight. After two months of running all over the middle of nowhere (a LOT of ground, I tell you what! ), I started buying the recommended supplements from Unikey.
Guess what?
I lost more weight. In fact, after I reached goal, I continued to lose sizes. (wahoooooooo!) One year after starting FF, I treated myself to the Fat Flush Spa weekend. The year after that, I treated myself to a Fat Flush cruise. Nobody pressured me. However, I'd like to point out that the Fat Flush Forum is Ann Louise Gittleman's site. It's only natural that it would keep folks apprised of cruises, spas, and supplements.

Folks who don't care to know those things, could find a lovely and helpful Fat Flush board at ivillage.

By the way, I met in person many lovely folks I had met virtually at the Forum. Loved the opportunity to meet them as well as thank Ann Louise Gittleman in person.

Perspective.
It's individual.

PS. A neighbor of mine who visited the lowcarber Forum thought it seemed pretty cult-like, too. Lots of "jargon" (WOL, etc.), rants, food police, and the like. Perspective. It all comes down to your point of view.

Last edited by csoar2004 : Mon, Mar-27-06 at 20:56.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 12:08

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarb
"does this come from falling off the plan? "

No. I followed the plan very carefully--the warm lemon water, the cran, the flaxseeds, cinnamon, cumin, teeccino, the menus, washing produce--nothing happened.

What I didn't do was buy the special supplements or go on cruises.

Based on what I've seen on the forum, there's always a reason if no weight/inch loss happens. It can go from not eating enough to having hormonal issues or metabolism issues, in which case the plan works "in the background" and then you find yourself not only losing weight but in much better health overall. I've seen this lots of times on the forum.

Many times people think they are doing everything right and then when they post their routine on the forum, more experienced FFers point out things...

Personally, I found that it was THE ONLY plan that helped me lose weight for real, as well as giving me more energy and better skin, making me sleep better and ending my cravings. I used supplements but not always the recommended ones, I often bought cheaper ones from other sites. personally, I think that taking a liver support while doing a liver cleanse is just good sense, and GLA is an excellent supplement to take, üarticularly for women, to help with hormonal balance. And a multi, well that's just normal I think nowadays, what with soil depletion and processed foods...

If you have found another plan that works for you, that's great! It's just a pity that you didn't get all you could out of the FFP, because it really is a good plan.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-06, 13:33

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 198/137/120 Female 5'3
BF:25.2
Progress: 78%

I'm getting the book today! Very excited to read more.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 06:52

woohooo!