Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 08:17

Plan: low carb
Stats: 196/172/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Go-diet & Protein Power

I would like to hear responses from people on Go-diet & Protein Power and see what the difference is and the results. I can't do the akins it is too strick but I am going to try Go-diet or Protein Power. Right now I am just watching carbs not really on any plan particular. I would appreciate all feedback.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 10:46

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi

I do GO and mix in some PP. Differences are little really. I think both plans are REASONABLE and HEALTHY. I am not so convinced about Atkins...sorry you ATKIDS!

Basic premises of GO:
Low carb-50g
50% High MONO and POLY unsaturated fats, LOW saturated fats
High Fiber-25g or more
NO KCAL RESTRICTION (like most LC plans)
LC veggies, 1/2 c LC fruit
8 oz fermented milk products daily
Normal protein (haven't quite figured out what NORMAL is...)
Wine okay and water water water.

Basic PP premises:
Low carb-30-55 for weight loss and corrective status
Adequate protein- dependend on lean body weight and activity level
Good on fruits, veggies, and fiber
Fat is your friend (no differentiation of types.
Drink til you float
A glass of wine is good for you.

I think that about covers it.

What I do different is take carbs up to 72 limit per Life Without Bread. I think that's about it. Feel free to ask me any thing!

Are you interested in being a buddy???

Jo
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 05:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 196/172/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Hi Jo
Can I call you Jo? Thank you for your information on the Go-diet and Protein Plan. I ordered both books but haven't received them yet. When did you start LC? Did you ever try the Atkins? I did and didn't do any good on it ... too strict. I tried it about 6 yrs. ago. And yes I am very interested in having a buddy. I added you to my buddy list.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 08:19

BF:
Smile Jo is good!

Another woman and I are going to do a GO book club like discussion if you would care to join! The GO-diet forum has become fairly activ lately and your presense would be appreciated.

I did LC for over a year and lost 60 lbs a few years ago. I forgot to KEEP doing it as a lifestyle change though and gained EVERY POUND back. Tried Weight Watchers here recently and after a 15 lb loss just didn't lose anything...well, that's not true...I lost the same 3-5 lbs over and over again for MONTHS. I started LC again just last week, but it's been much like riding a bike. I studied LOTS before and have retained a lot so it's been fairly easy getting back to it. And I know the support like this place and buddies like you and me help the process.

So, even if it's hard right now, stick with us and keep at it and it will come and it will come off.

Oh yeah, I initially started with Atkin's, it's been the most recognizd name for a long time (30 years!). Omigod, I felt horrible and just couldn't do it. Never found a purple ketone strip (though recently I have read a statement here that probably explains why) and it was awful. I went to PP after a couple weeks of failing at Atkins and thinking I might die, and then on to GO later. And that went GREAT! My opinion is that Atkin's is not especially healthy not enough vegies, fruit etc....of course, that could be just the way some people use it. The old human thought process of if a little is good, even less will work better faster etc. Health? who cares about good heallth...we just want to be THIN!!! That doesn't work for me at all.

You will find that I tend to be pretty verbose and opinionated...some people find it endearing! I keep a journal so feel free to have a look. And I suggest starting one of your own and just keeping track of what you eat for awhile. I think it helps.

Talk to ya later. Jo
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 01:58

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up MANY HAPPY RETURNS

Hi DJPorter

Happy Birthday. May you have a great low carbing day.

#6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 08:56

BF:

[IMG]imagesfordj.jpe[/IMG]

Happy Birthday DJ!!!

JO
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 10:27

BF:
Default Shoot.

Even without the picture...hope you have a great day DJ!

I am going to do the first three days of GO at this point...two weeks in. Got most of the sugar poisons out of my system so it shouldn't hurt too bad. You can go to the website and print the 2nd chapter of the book (Here) which covers what to eat for the whole eating plan. Since it's your birthday I can understand not starting today, but think about joining me tomorrow and for the next three days!

Jo
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 11:08

BF:
Exclamation GOGO GIRLS

Hi DJ

Trying to reach you to invite you to join us GOGO girls in a group journal. Starting with the first three days 9available for the GO-diet site). Please visit there in the GROUP JOURNALS section of this site. Love to have you join us!

Jo
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 12:40
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: -/155/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Jo!

I just ordered the Go-Diet book after following Atkins by the book for 10 weeks and not losing an ounce. I would love to be involved in any book clubs or forums related to this. Are you still doing Go?

Thanks!
Katy