Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 07:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/224/130
BF:38%/36%/20%
Progress: 14%
Default Water Challenge

I have a big problem with drinking all the water. Fact is for the past couple of days I havent had any water at all.
I'm thinking that maybe a water challenge with help remedy it. It would atleast make me accountable for what I drink a day.

they say it takes 21 days for something to become a habit, so
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 15:39

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I'm there! Of course my weight means I should be drinking more than most people, but heck, drinking even 1/4 what I should would be an improvement at this point! Wanna get specific about numbers or percentages and a time period for focus?

PJ
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 16:12
Registered Member

Stats: 260/226/140
BF:
Progress: 28%

I've been slipping on my water intake lately, so I'd love to join you.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 15:38

Plan: Atkiins
Stats: 164/159.5/150
BF:
Progress: 32%

DeeX2:

I haven't necessarily been having problems with drinking the water, but I do have a tip. Every morning when I first get up, I have one glass of water (find a glass that measures about 8 oz. and use it every day). Then, when I return from walking the dog, I have another glass. I try to drink two glasses when I take my vitamins (have so many different pills that I can spread them out over two glasses). That's four glasses (32 oz.) and the day is just starting.

It's pretty easy to fit in the other four. As I work in the kitchen preparing dinner, I have a glass every so often and before I know it, I've had my full 8 glasses.

Hope this helps.

Sgirl
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 02:04
Registered Member

Stats: 335/350/210 Male 75in
BF:
Progress: -12%

Water water....

Another hint? along with 16oz with my pills in the AM, and 16oz of water with my pills in the PM, I have 16oz of water with my Metamucil mixed in at night... that takes another 2 glasses! So I only need 16oz more for the day!

(Of course I never actually drink the other 2 glasses, but ...)
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 02:10
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default Water water and THEN MORE Water!

I don't have any problem drinking my water, and usually am way over my personal setting of a gallon a day... I noticed something the other night... I have a cup that has ounce markings on the side, and just out of curiousity I decided to see just how much water a big mouthful consumed... 2 ounces. Heck, in 4 big drinks... there is an 8 oz. glass! There are many many many posts and threads here on water... do a search, and read some of the other help tips that ppl do to help drink the stuff~ and good luck on your journey~ heheh Most my journeys are to the bathroom these days~ my nickname for Atkins, is Pap Diet... pee away the pounds diet

{this has been edited due to typos~
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS/paleo
Stats: 270/186/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up

I'm in on the water challenge!! I was doing pretty good for a while, and then I strayed........so back to the potty for me!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 06:49
Registered Member

Stats: 239/224/130
BF:38%/36%/20%
Progress: 14%
Unhappy Im awful

I started a thread then my darn computer went and crashed on me. now Im back again. I may have found the answer to my water problem though.
I clean my house during the day with a friend of mine on the net. We have our own little chat room we go to and everything. We clean the same rooms at the same time, and even do the same deep cleaning. (I know, sounds corny, but it works for me). Any way, she doesn't low carb (yet) but she does do body for life. So we have decided to remind each other to drink our water. At least one glass an hour. My glass that I always use holds 12 ozs.
So my goal will be to drink 11 glasses. Im not there yet, but the months not over yet either!