Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 05:19
Registered Member

Plan: Nutritionist's Plan
Stats: 178/178/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Countdown to Wedding Day

Hello All,

I need some help...I have 40 days until my wedding day and want to feel and look the best I can on the big day.

It is a joyous, yet stressful time with all the planning and details and drama. Some people don't eat during times of stress....but I tend to unravel and go off program with my "drugs" of choice...the dreadful carb!!!!

I will try to do my best....but your support will make it easier and definately more fun!!!!

Thanks!

Wendy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 06:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Talking Weddings Can be stressful

Congradulations, I've been married for 12 years, so I can't count down with you on this one. I have a little advice, take your vitamins, B6 100mg is very important for women, and Evening Primrose oil 1000mg cold pressed a day will help. I'm not really into taking pills, but these are great for you, basically, B6 was suggested by my gynocologist and the Primose oil is an essential fatty acid. You will be amazed how your body will apprciate getting what it needs in times of stress. They also seem to make my complexion better, haven't figured that one out yet.
So find a quick snack you like to ward off those carb attacks and in the worse case I squirt some whip cream from a can in my mouth , my emergency can has 2.8 carbs for 6 tblsp. a mouthful and more . I know but sometimes you just do what works. .
Good luck on your journey, this is a new way of eating, it will take time to adjust to it, and remember you are there, and in love, so enjoy yourself, he will appreciate that, because he loves you, just the way you are.
Jo-Ann
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/226/140
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi, Wendy!

Congratulations on your upocoming wedding! I'm getting married next May. (It seems so far away right now, but I'm sure the time will fly.)

I'm trying to lose a pretty significant amount by my wedding. I may not be at my goal weight by then, but I want to be much closer than I am now. My current short-term goal is to lose another dress size by the time I have to order my dress at the end of October.

I tend to really crave the carbs when I get stressed, too. I just had a week or so where i kind of fell off the wagon, but I'm back on now and ready to go!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 05:08
Registered Member

BF:

Dear Joanne and Tari

Thanks for your replies and good wishes...means a lot to me. Yesterday was a good low carb day for me and I'm packing my tupperware today as we speak!

Next dress fitting is 9/21, so my mini goal by then is just to stay within this WOE a day at a time. Whatever happens on the scale is a side effect...I am more invested in feeling and looking good, than the numbers. My dress is amazing!!!!

Wendy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 09:48
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Default congrats wendy!

Hey Wendy, congrats on your upcoming wedding!! I got married 2 weeks ago (sept 7) and I know how hard it is to try to keep the weight down through those last few weeks of planning...

My wedding day was amazing and beautiful and stressful and fun all at the same time! And the weeks leading us to it were the same! I, too, turned to food--lots of pasta--to handle the stress...right before the wedding I gained about one or two of the pounds back that I had lost...and during the honeymoon I gained 5 more! We've been back from the honeymoon since sunday and I have been struggling to get back on track...

Anyway, I felt overwhelmed with all the last minute details and so I kinda rewarded myself with foods I liked, but in reality I think staying on track with my diet would have decreased my stress and not increased it (because then it would have been one less things to worry about--i went into my last fitting practically holding my breathe because i was afraid the seamstress would notice the extra pounds!).

They were stressful times but they were wonderful too! What kind of wedding are you having? I saw that you live in NY, do you live in manhattan? I do, but my wedding was by the water in newport, rhode island. Do you have most of the planning finished?

I could talk about wedding forever! I am kind of sad that mine is over...anyway, good luck, and dont stress too much about your weight. in the end, its the last thing that you will remember about your wedding day!

Congrats again, Suzy
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 06:43
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for your helpful tips and advice and congratulations your self! I am pretty calm, with moments of obsessive worry, but I think things will really kick up in the last week or two !

I am trying to stick to my food plan as well as I can...I just plain feel better and can handle stress better when I am low carbing. I get so tired eating any other way...and I want to have energy for all the festivities!!

My dress is almost ready...fits well and looks very nice. There's no way I can gain any weight from this moment on!

I'll keep you posted on the progress...

Wendy