Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: How many times have you Tried Low Carbing before succeeding
this is my First Time 315 35.31%
Back on the Wagon - Second Time 239 26.79%
Third Time is a Charm 124 13.90%
Lost Count 214 23.99%
Voters: 892. You may not vote on this poll

#106   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 19:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/178/119 Female 63in
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I had tried LCing before, quit before I ever posted. I spent my whole life being thin until about 3 yrs ago. I now feel like a whale. I thought I had been on atkins since Sunday, but have been reading that I should not eat the bars and shakes. Does that mean I have to start induction over? I have been eating meat, eggs, cheese, and shakes, bars, and of course water.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-06, 10:12

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Atkins was my first and only diet and it was successful. My life long goal is to never have to diet again.
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-06, 11:52

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Lost count now..

My 1st time- After I had my daughter (7yrs ago) I gained 22lbs and the Christening was in 3mths-
I lost 23lbs in two weeks!

2nd time- After I had my son (3 1/2yrs) gained 27lbs w/him- Lost 25lbs in 3weeks- Last 2 pounds hung on for dear life.

Now, I do lowcarbing every time my jeans get tight- which is about after every season.
Then, I whole food it for a while,and eat whatever I want in small portions.. till the first vacation comes up- I go off and keep falling.
  #109   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-06, 12:16

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaidr
Lost count now..

My 1st time- After I had my daughter (7yrs ago) I gained 22lbs and the Christening was in 3mths-
I lost 23lbs in two weeks!

2nd time- After I had my son (3 1/2yrs) gained 27lbs w/him- Lost 25lbs in 3weeks- Last 2 pounds hung on for dear life.

Now, I do lowcarbing every time my jeans get tight- which is about after every season.
Then, I whole food it for a while,and eat whatever I want in small portions.. till the first vacation comes up- I go off and keep falling.

Well, you did something right the first time anyway. How about just forgetting about being on a diet and just cut back on the starch? You don't have to cut it out completely, just cut down a little. Amazing how much better your feel, without so much pasta, potato, bread, etc. I think just thinking about a diet and it's restrictions stress people.
  #110   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-06, 14:40

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I was told by my obgyn, that I lost that much weight after kids b/c it was mostly water and not stored up fat.
I didn't use the "D" word coz', I don't look at it as a diet, even the Atkins or calorie counting whatever- As soon as that 4 letter word comes into play...Satanic bread eating rituals begin.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-06, 16:59
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Yep, if you think of your WOE as a diet you WILL always have to "start over." But if you think of it as a lifestyle, then you just keep going. Whenever I think of it as a diet, then I say to myself OK, I messed up on Wednesday (for instance) and I always start my diets on Monday, so I can eat whatever I want til Monday and then I will start again. Baaaad move!
  #112   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-06, 23:27
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

This has been my first attempt at weight loss, period. And I hope it will be my last.
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 16:42
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

I've tried this type of eating a few times before and failed because I went back to my old eating habit plain and simple. I also had the going away/good bye to carbs binge over and over because I thought eating this way before was a punishment.

Now I have been eating like this for a few years. I have my ups and downs, but I overall I have managed to take off 66 lbs and not yo-yo out of control binging. I plan on eating this way forever. I love it, you can't look at this as a diet and then expect to go off and eat "normal".

It's actually a great way of eating and I wouldn't go back to my old eating habit for anything, most people call me a health nut now. But I like to eat healthy fresh foods now and I actually enjoy exercising now...something I absolutely hated before.