Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-15, 12:56

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-piper
I know this is an old thread, but, to direct, probably because he was hoping she might sleep with him.

Good point, I think you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-piper
There are plenty of men out there who don't want date an overweight woman in any serious capacity, but are perfectly willing to have sex with them if they're willing to give it. I've had VERY blatant offers of one night stands or friends-with-benefits situations (on one horrifying occasion from a married man while his wife was across room!), but not all that many traditional dates.

Those are rotten experiences. Sadly, females of every size, shape, and age have met crass womanizers. Some women might, maybe, have more traditional-seeming dates with more subtlety, but no heterosexual guy has ever asked a woman out on a date because he wants to buy her food and talk to her. The world is full of mangy dogs. Which is why I'm so picky. Feeling pressured to sleep with someone or lose him is the biggest turn-off for me. It guarantees I won't be sleeping with him any time soon! It just confirms that he isn't as perfect as I thought he might be, so losing him isn't going to be a big deal. I just met someone who seems amazing but I have an instinct that the pressure thing is going to happen very soon. If so, it'll be sayonara.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-15, 13:23

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Oh shoot, old thread!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-15, 21:50

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
Those are rotten experiences. Sadly, females of every size, shape, and age have met crass womanizers. Some women might, maybe, have more traditional-seeming dates with more subtlety, but no heterosexual guy has ever asked a woman out on a date because he wants to buy her food and talk to her.

Oh don't get me wrong. If a guy just wants something casual and is up front about that it really doesn't bother me when he's a single guy my age. Although, hitting on a woman more than half your age while your wife is distracted...yeah, no. That is just completely classless.

My point was more of that some guys aren't actually as disgusted by extra weight as we fear they are, but even among those who aren't some still use it as an excuse to keep a woman at a distance. So the guy the OP mentioned may have been horribly shallow about appearances, but it sounds more like he actually just wanted sex and used her weight as an excuse to bail when he realized she wasn't looking for a hook-up.

Last edited by s-piper : Mon, Mar-09-15 at 21:57.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-15, 07:21

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

s-piper: I get your point. Interesting that no men have chimed in on this thread. Pity. There's so much the honest ones could add to the discussion.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-15, 10:29

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Oh shoot, old thread!

Doesn't matter -- if anyone looks, they will find plenty of good advice!

The way I see it, there are three things everyone is vulnerable about, no matter who they are or what the facts might be.

For a woman, it's being told she needs to lose weight.

For a man, it's being told he's not masculine enough.

For an actor, it's being told they are over-acting