Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 23:29

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%

hiya want2lose,

Yup, we do have a Freddies here.. Its been a while since I checked out their lo-carb stuff tho, last time I was there it was pretty grim. We do have 1 nutrition store here, but verrrry low supply.. been gettin most of my stuff at 'Sherms Thunderbird' which is really similar to a food 4 less. Sure do miss not having all the great places that you guys are all talkin about tho
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 17:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 205/197/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Well check again at Freddies.. They are suppose to , according to the NW food day article , have a full section for lo carb by the end of May. Let's see if they do .. I personally don't shop Freddies very much but it would be nice to have options like them so close to home.
good luck .
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 19:38
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default found lo carb bread

i found my favorite lo carb bread at Freddies. It's in the freezer section of the nutrition center. i hope they make a great section for lo-carbers because i love shopping at the hollywood fred meyers. has to be my favorite store in portland for convenience, value and atmosphere. cross your fingers.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 08:45

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i usually don't like freddy's cause i think the prices are higher, but you can't beat the convience when all you need is butter and a screwdriver

however, i did stop by there the other day and the did have a small section in the healthy food section with low-carb stuff, mostly bars and some atkins shake and bake mixes. i also noticed the bread in the freezer part of that section.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 10:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 276.2/276.2/140 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

The freddies in Longvew has a great health food section as well. Their low-carb bread is the greatest. I am enjoying a half sandwich with that bread, almond butter and a teaspoon of low carb fruit spread. It is a good, quick snack and makes me feel like i am eating a peanut butter and jam sandwich.
I've noticed that their prices on the Atkins products are not the lowest there. So, I buy them at another place in town.

I just had another friend get hooked on this WOL - it is such fun to watch it grow.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 10:51
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 230/203/145
BF:
Progress: 32%

The Atkins site is advertising Atkins Indulge ice cream is now being sold at Safeway. I could not find a serving size but it lists 4 carbs per serving! I have'nt had ice cream (my true downfall) since Dec. Does anyone know the serving size? My co-worker is always snacking on low carb stuff from Walmart. I don't shop there but I know that more and more stores are jumping on the low carb bandwagon. They see $$$. We see ### lost!
Julies
  #37   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 12:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Smile

Hi, from the beautiful NW. I live in the Parkrose area of NE Portland. It is so good to find this site and so many of you. I have been LCing for just about a month and am pleased with the progress 13lbs gone. I have also visited the Low Carb store on 39th in SE Portland and the prices are high. I was very pleased to read that Freddies is carring a LC bread will definately check this out. Have any of you tried e-bay for LC products? Did buy some Atkins Lemon Bars and did not like them so now they are back up for sale.

There are 3 people in my household LCing so it makes it a little easier. My mother also lives with my husband and I and she is having trouble gaining weight, I should have such problems, so I fix foods to pump up her calorie intake.

I have several friends LCing, we definately need to get together before year end to meet.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 205/197/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Moonpie... I just tried the Atkins ice cream . Vanilla (that's all Safeway had) which isn't my favorite but my husband likes it. There are 4 servings , like a dixie cup but a tad bigger. It was very good. I never was an ice cream junkie so it would be nice to have on hand but I wouldn't suffer if I didn't have it. Worth a try if you miss it. A bit spendy but I don't worry about that so much. We certainly aren't eating out like we used to so a treat once in a while is fine by me.
Good Luck
  #39   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 230/203/145
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thanks rocky!
portioned servings sound great for this uncontrolled Ice cream freak!
Jules
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 12:15
Registered Member

Stats: 276.2/276.2/140 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have tried the Le Carb ice cream, from my health food store, but not the Atkins brand yet. I do think that the portions are a good idea, as it is hard to judge when you are just eating out of the carton like me
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 21:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 293/261/150 Female 5'8"
BF:alot
Progress: 22%
Default HELLO EVERYONE

Hi everyone!

I've been reading everyones posts and I wish I lived up there in
the portland area. There is such a wide selction of stores to buy low carb foods from.

Is anyone in southern oregon, Medford or Klamath Falls area?
  #42   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 14:35

Stats: 240/234/180
BF:
Progress: 10%
Cool Anyone in Hillsboro?

I live in Hillsboro (Orenco) and I'd love to find some folks around here who do low-carb to start an informal support group. I was thinking we could meet maybe once a month or so and share ideas and recipes and great low-carb finds. Anyone out there in this area?

Thanks!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 22:32

i am in hillsboro, actually really close to orenco. not only would a low carb support buddy be good. i could use some friends in the area as well.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 23:41

Stats: 240/234/180
BF:
Progress: 10%

I looked at your profile and couldn't find an email address. If you'd like to get together sometime (and this goes for anyone in the Hillsboro area also) feel free to email me at:

cheesepuppet~mac.com

We can arrange something in email.

Thanks!

- Hollie
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 14:30

cheezpup, check your e-mail.