Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/298/155 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Question What kind of rewards have you offered yourself for reaching goals?

I've got some rewards set up for myself when I reach certain goals of my weight loss.

For instance when I break the 300 barrier, and no I'm not talking about being 299 and bouncing back and forth between that and 301...LOL

I'm talking about actually passing that by and seeing it in the rear view mirror.

Anyway, my first reward is getting another tattoo.

I know it sounds like a strange reward, but I've been wanting another one for quite some time.

When I break 250 it's a trip with my nieces to Disneyland.

They have never been and I have been wanting to take them for so long, but I've had alot of difficulty fitting into amusement park rides due to my size.

In fact one of the most embarassing moments in my life was when we were all at Six Flags Over Texas and I had to get off of a ride because the bar would not go down.

Kinda painful when you have hundreds of people watching that...LOL
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

I guess my first reward would have been sat. I went shopping for some dresses to wear to church. To my surprise my dress size is now a 12, almost 10. The last dress I had bought was a 20.
Another reward I got was when I went to a family meeting at church and at least 5 people told me I looked like my Mom since I had lost so much weight. This is the best compliment anyone could give me. My Mom has been gone almost 10 years and it meant alot to me because she was such a special person.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:29
Registered Member

BF:

congrats, sounds great.

I too have some shopping that will be another reward

Back in the day when I was at my fittest, I was a clothes horse.

I have a few brand new shirts hanging in my closet that serve as a reminder of where I will be soon, I can't wait to wear them
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:34

Stats: 243/187/145 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I posted this same question last week. When I get under the 200 mark I am planning on redecorating my bedroom & bathroom (paint, ne linens everything!). I know that may sound funny...but if I don't make it as a reward my husband & I will never get around to it. We've neglected our bedroom for other rooms in our new house over the past year.

When I reach my goal weight of 145 I am taking a trip to Discovery Cove in Orlando with a friend of mine. We're going to swim with the Dolphins. My hubby will stay home with the kids...so it will be a nice relaxing weekend

Keep up the good work!

~Amy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:36
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

When I lose 20 more pounds I am going to the spa: Massage, body wrap treatment, pedicure, manicure, facial and braz wax with my friends.

Peace
red
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:40
Registered Member

Stats: 250/212/175 Male 5'11
BF:29%
Progress: 51%

As for a tattoo...since you are going to be a skinny rail in no time, why dont you wait so it will look right on your new skinny you?!

Clothes are my big incentive. my half way goal was 225, and a 36 inc waist, I forced ymself to wear 40 sized jeans until I could wear 36's

Which was this weekend. it feels great to wear these jeans!

Another incentive is getting your hair done/dyed, tanning. Maybe some new workout clothes.

As you slim down, show off that beautiful body thats been hiding under layers of clothing and fat !

Sure feels great doesnt it?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:48
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

My next mini-goal is to reach a comfortable size 16. When I reach that, I'm going to...well, buy some size 16 clothes! But not many; I'm trying to stretch my 16s and 18s until I can squeeze into a 14. I can't go buying a new wardrobe with each size, as much fun as that would be! DH would confiscate the checkbook.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 14:03
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasman
I know it sounds like a strange reward, but I've been wanting another one for quite some time.

Strange to some maybe, but if that's a self-reward that keeps you going, the HELL with what other people might think (right?) I myself have stopped at 3 tattoos (right calf, right wrist, and back). And I love every single one of them, though I'm looking forward to seeing them "shrink" along with me.

When my DH and I reach goal (sometime next spring) we are going to spend a luxurious week in NYC. He grew up near there and I worked there for 15 years, and we both miss "our city" terribly. I can't WAIT!!

In the meantime, I am rewarding myself for "mini-goals" in small ways, like donating my fat clothes to clothing drives, and buying a new bathing suit.

Jeannie
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 14:21

Stats: 195/150/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool

When I reached 190, I bought myself some new body scrub gel. When I reached 180, I bought myself a birdfeeder. When I reached 170 my BF took me to see the new Lara Croft movie. I haven't decided what I want to do yet for 160 as that seems pretty far away still, but when I hit 150 I am going clothes shopping and set a new goal for myself, to hit 140. Some of my pants are starting to get so big that I would be embarrassed to leave the house in them I am starting a pile of clothes to donate to charity. It feels so nice to be getting rid of clothes because they are too big, no longer because they are too small.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 22:28
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieM
Strange to some maybe, but if that's a self-reward that keeps you going, the HELL with what other people might think (right?)

Exactly

I only have the one right now, but I'm doing some research on a couple of sleeves.

The one I will get when I break 300 will more than likely be a portrait of my mother when she was only 3 years old.

2 reasons for that tattoo...one is the reward, the other is that I lost my mother this last march.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 00:10

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

After losing 20 lbs, I rewarded myself with size 8 clothes. Sexy, not matronly, clothes. I also rewarded myself by taking my new clothes to Ohio on vacation and my sister-in-law saw my new size when she helped me fold laundry.

Black57
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 00:33

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

It is nice y'all are setting rewards for yourself. I am one pound from my mini goal. Always said when I reached 210 I would go have Mexican. NOT!! Now I don't even crave for it. Started getting more realistic now that I am closer to my first mini goal.
Just was able to buy a new bathing suit smaller then the one my daughter bought me 2 weeks ago for my bday. Was able to put my daughters shorts on and pull them all the way up, just too tight to sit in yet. I know I am on my way and feel the difference already and love the differnces.
I was almost up to a size 26 when I started Atkins. Now I am down to a 22 and have been able to fit into a few 20's depending on where they come from. Wal-mart is bigger then buying from Lane Bryants. It is nice to just go try on cloths now and guess if I am going to be able to get into the smaller size.

My treat! Think I would like to go out have have a nice dinner with my family. Steak, salad and veggies.

Nancy
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 00:54

Stats: 195/165/130 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

I also reward myself by bying clothes.
A month ago there were sales and I did spend a little too much money.
But it was such a change to buy something that I liked and not just bying it because it fitted. Now the problem was not finding something that fits but chosing between all the clothes.
But if I am to honest, the best reward is when people say that I look great.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 01:05

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

I agree with you Dana,
Had somebody tell me I looked 10 years younger. That they could see the weight loss in my face and that it was shining bright.

That really gave me the lift to keep going. I am doing this for ME! I keep telling myself that. Not for anyone else but for ME!
Nancy
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 05:47

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I'm getting my belly button pierced...lol. It was supposed to be when I hit 65 lbs. lost, but I don't think I'm going to hit that by the end of September as that's another 12.5 lbs, but since hubby is going to Philly to get a tattoo then, he's taking me to get pierced at the same time Course it will be another 20 lbs. before I'll show it, but maybe by then it will be healed...lol.

Also, the best reward for me will be wearing a size 8 (or maybe even 6!) to my stepdaughter's graduation where I'm sure to run into my hubby's ex. (Actually, she's a real sweetie and very tiny, and I certainly don't want her to look better than me....lmbo!)

L