Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 21:15

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 196/196/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Reaching out to you

I have been reviewing alot of different forums before I joined as I really am looking for the best support system possible. This one, by far looked the best! So, here I am. I started Atkins last summer and did great. However, I had some set backs due to some health issue's, but I'm back and looking for all of the help and support I can find. I dont seem to have much here at home as my husband weighs all of 135 and has seen me say "I'm going to do this" so many times about different diets, I think he has little faith in me anymore. I still have faith and I'm hoping I can find some friends here that will encourage and believe in me.
okay, thats all for now. I'm glad I found you and look forward to all of your input. 196/196/160
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 21:39

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Paige, and welcome!

I think you'll find lots of support here. I know I do. It doesn't matter how many times you tried to lose weight in the past, all that matters is that THIS TIME you're going to do it!

I wish you the best on your LC journey!
Regards,
Kypraia
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 08:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 353/237/225 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 91%

hi paige!!

like you i am doing this on my own, except for visiting the boards. my family needs to be living the same way but after hearing all the whining and the i dont like that, i just gave up. i have not told but a few people that i am finally taking control of my life. i will simply let them ask me about it. i get the most support from the man in the mirror . after being a career yo yo dieter i have come to the point where i believe diet is 90% mental. i visit the boards as often as i can. and look for the man in the mirror for support, believe me if you will let it no one can tell you the truth like the person in the mirror.
good luck.

Last edited by gonnaBlean : Wed, Feb-26-03 at 08:08.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 12:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome

Welcome to the forum! Sorry I didn't get over here sooner to say hello, but work is crazy.

Anyway, you're right, you have found the best forum on the Internet. Many people have been members here for years, and the information that's free for the taking is incredible. Of course, we all give back too by sharing our experiences.

So kick back and navigate all over the place. There's so much to read and wonderful people to meet.

Donald

P.S. I myself have been here for 14 months and I've lost almost 120 pounds.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 16:51

Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking Hello

Everyone here is great! You'll make lots of friends and you will SUCCEED. I always remind myself that there are people in my life expecting me to fail. I will prove them WRONG! best of luck to you!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 18:00

BF:
Smile response to your replys

Thank you so much to all of you. I came home from work today and took a look at my replys and all I have to say is this is exacly what I was looking for. I cant wait to look around here some more and get a little more aquainted with the site. Yeah! I'm so excited. I dont feel so alone!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 13:56

Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi Paige (that is my granddaughters name)

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on starting lc'ng. It's a great WOE. If it weren't for this forum Atkins wouldn't be half the fun. Good luck to you.

Rose

P.S. Don't forget to start a journal. There you can put down how you feel that day and record your meals so others can take a look and see how you are eating. Be sure to click on MyFitday and you can view the meals I have been eating since January 7th.

Last edited by RBalhan : Thu, Feb-27-03 at 13:58.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 12:33

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Default Hey Paige

Welcome to this journey with the other lowcarbers here. We welcome you with open arms. The more the merrier.

While I am not new at this, I am just re-inducting at a new weight. I was able to maintain my weight I lost so now that my body is use to it, I want to continue. You and me are almost similar in stats, maybe we could keep check each other's journal to make sure we are on the right path.

You sound like you are doing a Excellent Job and want to commend you for re-starting Atkins, and hope that you keep hanging in there. It is slow, but it will come. Patience is the key to this WOL, if you don't have it you will sabatoge yourself.

As you can see, there is a vast amount of information here, too much to absorb at once, but everyday you come back you learn something news.

Everyone here is so friendly and our moderator is a GOD SEND!

Have a great lowcarb day and remember ... take it one meal at a time, one day at a time and enjoy the journey together.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 21:35

BF:
Default Thank you!

Thanks you! I love coming here and seeing that I'm not alone. I havent gotten into a journal yet but I know its important and cant wait to start. Time is limited with 3 kids, full time Job, house, blah, blah, blah,. So, I will make it a point to check out the journal and get into a routine of writing in it. I thank all of you and am inspired by everyones determination, faith and success. This IS a journey and am ready to lighten the luggage, so to speak.

Thank you!! I will be checking back soon.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 21:40

BF:

Im looking where the Journal area is but I dont see it..? It could be its been a long day and I'm not seeing it. Any tips to get in would be great. Yes, I would like to have someone to check up on me and vice versa. Thanks for your reply!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 07:56

Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%
Default How to Start a Journal

Hi Paige

HOW TO START A JOURNAL

Since this is a very frequent question, here are the steps to start a journal:

Go to the forum home page by clicking on the "Home" icon" or any of the other shortcuts to get there (menu bar, main logo, category bar)

Scroll down to the "My Journal / Bootcamp" section.

From the several journal sub-sections listed alphabetically, choose the one where your username (the one you login with) belong, and click on it. (Yours would be under O-Q).

To start a new journal, click on the "New Thread" button, write your first entry and a title, and click "Submit".

To add entries to your journal and respond to others in their journals, click the "New Reply" button.

Linking to your journal: We have a daily script that will add links to your journal. The links will appear on your profile page, and will appear under each of your posts. To find your journal, click on your picture/avatar on the main page, this will take you to your profile. From their, click on the Journal logo, and it will direct you to the last page of your journal.

Once you start a journal you will find lots of people responding to you.

Happy LC'ing

Rose

Last edited by RBalhan : Sat, Mar-08-03 at 07:59.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 17:21

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Summer is almost here. Hope you are still lurking
Pene
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 04:22

Plan: atkins ( 3rd time )
Stats: 16/14/12 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, you are going to love it here....

Peace out
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 05:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

Oh this place is great and really keeps me motivated and on track.

I especially love it when I see someone who started out at my weight, with a close goal, and made it!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 08:11
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Paige...I hope you are enjoying this forum. I just joined and the people here sure seem great. I'm looking forward to the support, also. It's hard to stay on track when you're doing it alone. I joined for the same reason...hoping coming to a place like this will help us stay focused and on track. If you're still around, I'd be interested to know how your loss is going. Our goals and weights are almost the same. I hope it's going great!

Hi RBalhan....I have a few quick questions for you...The first one is how do you link to your Fitday account? I would like to do that instead of typing in all of my foods to Fitday and then again when I start to journal. 2nd one is, how do you add the tagline at the bottom of your posts? If you can help me out, I'd appreciate it.