Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-19, 16:00

Plan: Primal
Stats: 200/165/165 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress:
Default helloooooo....

Hi there LowCarbers,

My name's Lucas... just joined up to the site... I'm an Irish fella living in Paris... I've done a bit of keto in the past, but not on an ongoing basis... I've also been a happy beneficiary of intermittent fasting... over the last year I've let the chub come back though, and I want to get back on track... I've also developed a weird thing called Night Eating Syndrome (where you keep waking up in the middle of the night and stuffing your face - generally with crap)... so I want to get that under control and recommit to the regular keto-based lifestyle with no... I repeat nooooo... sugar... sugar is my nemisis! total addict!

Anyhoo, I'm really glad to have found my tribe here in this forum... Thanks for being here... I need you guys!

Hugs,
Lucas
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-19, 18:05

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Welcome Lucas. Glad to have you with us.

Lots of sugar addicts here. It's a tough habit given that practically everything now has sugar added to it in one form or another. Sometimes I feel like getting rid of sugar is rather like trying not to ever breathe in any nitrogen again. You don't need it but dang nab it, it's mixed up with the oxygen you do need so not breathing it is well nigh impossible. But I keep trying!

I've never heard of night eating syndrome before but there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum, I'm sure there'll be somebody here who has dealt with that or something similar and will have some suggestions for you.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-19, 20:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Welcome from a fellow sugar addict (working hard at it, though)
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 03:54

Stats: 147/130/110 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Bonjour Lucas, I am Scottish living in Cognac to be near my daughters who married French men. I have vowed so many times never to eat anything containing sugar ever again, but invariably I do. It has taken me years to lose lbs because now and then I eat a bit of toast or a biscuit and the lbs gained then take ages to drop, but I will never give up. I wish you success in your quest to lose your excess. It is difficult but possible.
With regard to eating crap during the night could you try saying a word or phrase which would have you stop and think just for tonight I am not going to eat crap. A mantra which has helped me many times is saying the name of an old boyfriend whom I would hate to see me as being fat. Have a great lc day. 🌝
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 10:22

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Welcome to the forums!

Is your night eating syndrome the one where you wake up and can't get back to sleep without eating or the one where you don't even remember waking up? Either sounds challenging to deal with! I've read that either can be set off by a sense of deprivation, so hopefully we can give you some good support here, so you're eating lots and lots of food you love.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 13:47

Plan: Primal
Stats: 200/165/165 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! That was delicious! ~CityGirl8, I'd say my NES falls somewhere between the two models... I wake up and eat in a semi-conscious state and then go back to bed... I've been participating in an NES facebook groups that seems to be really helping though... between that group and LowCarber, I think I'll be ok!

Hugs,
Lucas
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 15:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Is there any way you can remove the "bad" food from the premises, so your choices are limited? Or does your living arrangement (family, roommates) preclude this?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-19, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hey SugarOut,

Night eating syndrome, you say? LOL I had the same thing! I used to wake up every nigh at 2:30 (not sure why at that exact time, must be a low blood sugar thing when I was eating junk) and stuff my face with bad food. Sandwiches with white bread, chocolate, you name it - I had it. It all stopped 3-4 weeks into my Keto journey. Make sure that you always have some chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs and some sliced cheese in your fridge and when you wake up at night, have some of that stuff. I would eat one or two boiled eggs and some cheese/meat and drink some water and I was able to go back to sleep and forget about the bad food choices. After about 3-4 weeks, my night snacking stopped, so now I just wake up to go to the bathroom (I drink gallons and gallons of water every day). There is a cure, just stick to it. Good to have you here my friend. I started with Keto on April 8, went back to weight lifting that same week, and as of this morning I am down 27 lbs (12.5 kg). You can do it.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-19, 09:28

Stats: 147/130/110 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Very interesting Ron. I wake up often at 3 or 4 to go to loo and can’t get back to sleep, so next time that happens I will eat some cheese, and hope it helps. Have a great lc day. 🌝