Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 14:24

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default Gee Marie’s Kahlua & Coffee Cherry Cheesecake w/Pecans

Based on 12 Tall Slices including pecans: 6.25 carbs per FitDay (no crust).

This cheesecake is so incredible good you won’t miss the crust at all, but feel free to add one if you like.

This recipe is induction friendly and you can change it to your liking or omit items to lower the carb count even further. The highest carbs comes from Cream Cheese at 1 carb per ounce (total 32 ounces=40 carbs), Splenda 24 carbs for a cup, but if you use 1/2 the amount or omit it completely by subsituting with one of the wonderful flavored SF DaVince Syrups then you can't beat it. 10 Carbs come from the Sour Cream, but I wouldn't advise omitting this. I've also made this recipe using an almond or pecan based crust with flaxseed and cinnamon/nutmeg mix that is great, but even without the crust I can guarantee you it taste so great you won't miss the crust. For the topping which is also optional I make a Whipped Topping which taste great and hides any cracks that may occur during baking and gives it that store bought look and taste.

Enjoy! I know we do. It never last in our house past a day and 1/2. I'm in the induction stage and I still lose weight eating this so no stalls. It's great in the morning with my coffee or tea if there is still some left.

Comes out to 12 tall nice size portion slices or if you are really good you might be able to get 16 thin slices out of it.

Gee Marie’s Kahlua & Coffee Cherry Cheesecake w/Pecans

5 Packages of Philly Cream Cheese (1 Carb per Ounce 32 Ounces=40 Carbs/Zero Sugar)
4 Eggs (2 Carbs)
1 Cup Knudsen Sour Cream (1 Carb/1 Sugar per tbls= 10 Carbs for 1 Cup)
1 Cup of Splenda (24 Carbs)
3 Tbls Carbquik (0 Carbs/Zero Sugar)
2 Tbls SF DaVince Kahlua & Coffee (0 Carbs/Zero Suar)
1 Tbls Imitation Cherry Extract (0 Carb)

Mix Philly creamcheese, splenda, and carbquik with blender. Add sour cream and mix, add one egg at a time and mix, add SF Davince Syrup & extract

Bake at 375 Degrees for 40 minutes (place additional pan on bottom rack with cool water to decrease cracking in cheesecake- place cheesecake on top rack).

Let cool in oven for 30 minutes then transfer to countertop for an addition 40 minutes to cool. Let cool & set overnight in fridge for best results.

Optional Crust:

1/2 cup of crushed almonds or pecans, 1 tsp of splenda (optional), 3 tbls of ground flaxseed, 1 tbls of cinnamon/nutmeg mix, 2 tbls of melted butter, 2 egg whites, 1 tbls of SF Kahlua & Coffee Davince Syrup.

mix 1 egg white and additional ingredients together with blender on low setting. Use non stick baking pan 9 x 13 and spray with non sticking spray. Smooth crust into pan and use the last egg white to brush on top of crust to set the crust. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 Degrees. Remove from oven and continue with pouring in cheesecake mix.

Next Day:

Whip Cream Topping

¼ cup of Trader Joes Heavy Cream (0 Carb/Zero Sugar)
2 Tbls Da Vnce SF Kahlua & Coffee
1 Tbls crushed Pecans (1 Carb/Zero Sugar)

Beat Cream to thick consistency
add SF DaVince & mix
Smooth on top of cheesecake then sprinkle pecans on top.
Let set in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour then serve.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Mon, Apr-16-07 at 18:51.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 14:36

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

How many eggs?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope
How many eggs?

Thanks penelope. It's not exactly easy writing a recipe.

I've revised the recipe above to show the eggs.

Thanks again.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 14:46

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Thank you. It looks delicious.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 15:01

It's incredible delicious!

I'm making another one in a few days. This will be the third cheesecake within 2 weeks. I'm lucky if I get two slices out of it.

I just can't keep them in the house!

#6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 18:41

Ok. Apparently I was having a brainfart earlier as I had my cream cheese listed at zero carbs when in fact for 32 ounces it 40 carbs. So I have revised the recipe above to reflect the true total carb count and the carb count per slice.

#7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 09:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Splenda to Sweetzfree

I want to make this cake, but am planning on subbing the granular Splenda for Sweetzfree. Question is, will it still have enough "bulk" to sustain the cake? Or will it be a wet mess when it cools? And I am guessing from the Sweetzfree conversions...I'd use 25 drops to equal one cup of granular Splenda? I know, I know, probably been asked a million times.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 11:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 211/200/140 Female 5 feet three inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyJ64
I want to make this cake, but am planning on subbing the granular Splenda for Sweetzfree. Question is, will it still have enough "bulk" to sustain the cake? Or will it be a wet mess when it cools? And I am guessing from the Sweetzfree conversions...I'd use 25 drops to equal one cup of granular Splenda? I know, I know, probably been asked a million times.

I've done a similar cheesecake with Sweetzfree instead of bulk Splenda. Comes out perfect. BETTER than perfect, even. Yes, 25 drops = 1 cup.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 11:15

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 211/200/140 Female 5 feet three inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Sounds like an awesome flavor combination!~
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 20:04

Yes I love the flavor combo. I've got so many combos I want to try. Tonight it's chocolate, kahlua, & almond.

This time I added 3 tbls of hersheys cocoa and instead of using a cup of splenda (trying to cut some carbs) I used 10 tbls of the SF DaVince Kahula & Coffee, and 1 tbls of Almond extract. The batter taste really awesome so I know it will be another winner. I also made it with a pecan crust this time since the family demaned a crust I figured it better be something I can enjoy too without getting carby.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 09:53

Ok, well, the chocolate, kahlua, almond cheesecake is ok. Nothing like my Kahlua & Coffee & Cherry which is awesome. So of course, I think not using the splenda played a big part in it and also I think I just don't care to much for chocolate in my cheesecake even though I'm a big chocolate lover. I tried to keep the chocolate to a minimum so it wasn't overpowering, but I still miss the original taste of the cheesecake. This could also be because I was low on sour cream and eggs so basically I changed the recipe entirely and it shows in taste. My original is definitely the keeper to go with so next time I change flavors I'll make sure to stick with my own basics.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 10:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %

I don't have any Carbquick.......do you think I could substitue Soy Flour instead? (I know it'll probably alter the taste some..)
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-07, 13:48

I haven't personally used soy flour myself, but based on feedback from many others soy flour has a bad aftertaste and many people just don't like it so I wouldn't advise using it, but that is ultimately your decision. Almond flour would be a good subsitute, but soy...perhaps not.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston