Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/190/180 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default RELACORE Stalls you!!!

I started relacore on the begining of June, and immidiately stop loosing pounds, and inches as well...
anyway, it gave me lot of energy,
and when i posted my concern about relacore (that i am not loosing anything) several people told me that it might be stalling me.
I stop taking it and immidiately lost 10 pounds!!! like in one and a half weeks.
after quiting relacore i felt sooo tired, but i got over it.
anyway, i'd suggest you to stop taking relacore, it is NOTHING, just energy...
and i have a thought about that energy, i am guessing that our bodies start getting energy from relacore, instead of from our stored fat...
just a thought
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

i remember AFWife was losing a lot, inches and pounds when she started taking relacore.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4lemon
i remember AFWife was losing a lot, inches and pounds when she started taking relacore.

BUT at the same time she was doing ATKINS, maybe all inches and pounds have been lost because of ATKINS, not relacore...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:19
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus76
BUT at the same time she was doing ATKINS, maybe all inches and pounds have been lost because of ATKINS, not relacore...

Please don't assume you know what that does.

Anyways, remember that what works for some won't necessarily work for others. So I don't understand why you would post to stop using relacore. Share your experience that's fine, but to tell others to stop using it when it may be working for them, it's not something I agree with.

I loved using Relacore and shared with all, the outcomes of it during the time I used it. Who's to say the inches and pounds I lost wasn't cause of it but because of Atkins? Perhaps that's true! But the fact that it happened immediatley after I started Relacore, leads me to believe that the results where due to Relacore and not Atkins. Plus I posted that I had lost no inches around the tummy area until I started Relacore. I have kept those inches off too. I miss the extra energy it gives you so I plan on getting back on it soon.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:26

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I am also taking Relacore. I haven't noticed a difference at all - not even in my energy level which is mostly what I was hoping for. After this bottle is gone (I'm on my 2nd bottle), I won't be buying anymore. To quote AFwife: "Anyways, remember that what works for some won't necessarily work for others." I am thrilled for her that it is working, and wish it were working for me as well.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:28

BF:

sorry, AFWife, you are right,
it works differently for different people,
but it looks to me that it worked really well only for very few people.
otherwise it is nothing but energy.
just sharing my energy.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:33
PuertoRican Princess

BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus76
sorry, AFWife, you are right,
it works differently for different people,
but it looks to me that it worked really well only for very few people.
otherwise it is nothing but energy.
just sharing my energy.

And that's what we should focus on, that it does work, just not for everyone and for some in different ways than others. I'm sorry it didn't work for you inches wise, but hey, you benefited from the energy right? And that's good too.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 12:16

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

AFwife, I have thought this for a while, and may be off base.... It's just that I remember you loosing at an extreamly fast rate before relacor. To the point that you thought the rate could be unhealthy. Then you went to the doc, and you checked out OK. It seemed like few weeks later, I see a bunch of threads on this stuff. I thought to myself, why in the world would she "you", feel compelled to take a suppliment in order to loose? Yes I understand the bellyfat thing, but what if that what where you were going to loose next anyways? You have proven yourself a "big looser" without suppiments already. Why would your want to pin YOUR hard work and acceivment on a suppliment, and not give gredit where credit is due???? AFwife, I don't know if you realize this, but you are a powerful and beautiful woman. Please don't sell yourself anything short of that...
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 12:22
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Thanks Bandito,

It's like you said, I took it for the bellyfat and only for that.

Being the last thing that goes, and I was aware of this, I wanted to see if this Relacore thing I read about a thousand times was for real. I proved it to be so. I didn't take Relacore to lose weight, just inches around the gut. Because after losing so much, so fast, I had a bowl of jello for a tummy. So you can see why I turned to this product.

Atkins has done great for me, and I give all the credit to Aktins, but as far as the inches lost in my belly, I have to give Relacore the credit to that as well.

I will forever tell everyone that ATKINS, has been the cause of my weight loss, Relacore simply helped with removing some inches from the belly.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 12:24

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Me again, the member who lives under a rock!!
What is Relacore???
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 12:26
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

#12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 12:37

Stats: 2//50 Female 60''
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
And that's what we should focus on, that it does work, just not for everyone and for some in different ways than others. I'm sorry it didn't work for you inches wise, but hey, you benefited from the energy right? And that's good too.

Honestly, AFwife, I'm not at all sure that anyone should be focusing on how well you say Relacore works or the results you've had. You seem to have had more remarkable results with both Relacore and Oil of Oregano than anyone else. And though you do present your information in a way that seems as though you're merely sharing the results you've experienced with these products, one could get a strong feeling that you're urging people to use these products because of your results. You sort of need one of those fine print disclaimers that says, "Results not typical."

Even in your statement above, after maximus shares that he has not lost weight or inches but has actually stalled, you give the product a thumbs up for his personal use because of the boost in energy that he received.

I think maximus is spot on when he says, "...it looks to me that it worked really well only for very few people." The same for sure could be said of the OoO. The poll that shows the amount of weight loss after using OoO has the great majority in the "no weight loss or gain" catagory. And though the poll for Relacore has fewer numbers taking part, it still shows that the majority have not had any success.

I realise this is just one person's opinion but I really think you ought to relax about these products, at least not rush in to defend them when someone reports that they didn't get good results. To me it feels as though you're pushing products that the majority are not getting good results on. And that's just asking people to waste their money.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 12:52
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as are you!

I opened up a thread about Relacore to know if anyone knew of this product. No one did. I started taking it and reported the results. Don't not accuse me of pushing products on anyone. Everyone read my results and chose for themselves to start taking Relacore to achieve the same results.

I am insulted by your comments and don't appreciate it.

I am will continue to state that the products I have taken have worked for me, why should I lie? To make you feel better? I don't think so.

I believe in sharing information with others in hopes that it will aide them with weight loss. I'm not the first to have started a product and announced to all, hey this helps with this and everyone then in turn decideds for themselves if maybe this will work for them.

What I told Maximus was simple not to tell everyone, hey this product doesn't work don't take it, cause that's Maximus results. What works for you won't necessarily work for me. Take it upon yourself to decide whether or not you want to try a product.

To each their own.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 13:05

Plan: Strict Atkins
Stats: 290/195/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 68%

k, I am confused...I thoguht that there were posts recently where you noted that your weight and inches had NOT in actuality gone down, and you switched to CAD? Was this due to relacore? Please forgive my confusion, but I am totally not understanding this.

I use ooo, and a multivatim and excersize...I guess I am not a big believer in using drugs/supplements, and before thinkin gabout using it, would like some solid info...is there anyone else who has experienced AFWife's awesome results?
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 13:08
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotmama
k, I am confused...I thoguht that there were posts recently where you noted that your weight and inches had NOT in actuality gone down, and you switched to CAD? Was this due to relacore? Please forgive my confusion, but I am totally not understanding this.

I use ooo, and a multivatim and excersize...I guess I am not a big believer in using drugs/supplements, and before thinkin gabout using it, would like some solid info...is there anyone else who has experienced AFWife's awesome results?

No, I had posted that my scale was off balance and I was actually 19 pounds heaver than I had thought. I never mentioned inches.

The scale numbers may have not been showing my proper weight, but it was still showing me at a loss even if the numbers weren't correct.