Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 20:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up

Congrats Meltingfst!!! Isn't it exciting when you see something work. I too did it last week and lost 3 pounds in 3 days. I started it again today for another 3 maybe 5 days. I was really missing my salads too and my cheese so I only did it for three days last time but maybe I can go a little longer this time.

Just remember to add your carbs back in slowly.

Have a Great Evening!

Stacie
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 21:29

Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:have no idea
Progress: 89%

When people say "add your carbs back in SLOWLY" what's that mean?
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 07:53

Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Smile

Miss Model- When you go on the meat/egg fast your are only eating 5 or less carbs a day, and some people before starting were having 10, 20, 30, or more carbs a day. After doing the fast you have to add them in maybe 5 carbs a week until you get back to the carb level you were at before the fast. Some people are extremly carbs sensitive and adding them back too fast might undo what you have just lost. That is why I suggest you add your carbs back in slowly. I hope this helps!

Stacie
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'2''
BF:23%/22.5%/18
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up Adding back carbs

I have done the Atkins FF. I did not count carbs but followed the rules strictly.

THe first time I lost 4 pounds in 5 days (from 116.5 to 112.5) then I followed a kind of induction for like 4 days, I did not weight mysself but everybody told me I still skinny and I felt like that as well.

Then i went to the beach for a long weekend and I followed more or less low carb, but I have a cheat day.

when I came back started again the FF. A point is that it was always with relatively high carbs (15 more or less, even one day I got 19). The point is that I weighted myself yesterday and I had 110.5 pounds, which is incredible!!!

I think I did not gain anything back while in the long weekend and my cheat day. Perhaps because I kept my carbs high and it was not much difference, I think one of the points for not gaining the weight back in the fasts are that the carbs should not be so low, but the calories should!! any comments?

Saluditos

Agua
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 11:16

Stats: 204/162/130 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 57%

I was looking online for tips and found the Stillman's diet and was thinking about starting it next week- now after reading all of your great experiences I am starting it tomorrow!!

I was just a little worried because I had tried the Atkins fat fast before and felt miserable and it really didn't even help me over my plateau. I have only lost two pounds in the last seven weeks and considering that I had lost 40 in the 10 weeks before that- it is really frustrating.

Congratulations to all and I hope that I have the same luck
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 21:08

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

abc1018, find Bariatricp, she lost 130 lbs. in 8 months using Stillman. I think it is similar to the egg/meat fast. She uses the diet in 10 lb. increments with her patients as well. She also uses supplements to preserve as much of the healthy tissue as possible. She doesn't have a journal yet, I can't wait till she does so we can all check it out.