Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-15, 19:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Weight is never static. It always fluctuates a little. Maybe you didn't drink enough water yesterday. Maybe the salts in the bacon held the water you did drink.

I was up nearly 1.5 yesterday, too, from the prosciutto/mozarella slices. Yes, it's basically cold cuts and cheese, so pretty salty.

If you've been reading Jo's journal, you know that she's a big preacher of keeping to your WOE, and letting the scales do what the scales will do.

Drink plenty of water--up to 100oz a day--and stick to your plan. NO cheats. Because every time you cheat, you kick the insulin monster back into gear, and you WON'T lose weight till it's quieted down again--and that can take time.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-15, 20:17

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanks Miki, I am not cheating at all!

I had salami last night, based on seeing that you ate cold cuts, is that not a good idea?

I ma going to tough this thing out. Last attempt in the summer, I did it for 6 weeks, no cheats and lost zero which depressed the hell out of me! I am going to find a way to lose somehow!!!

I drank more yesterday than I have yet but no where near 100 oz....I don't know that I could do that!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-15, 21:04

It's not a problem to eat the salami, so long as you count the carbs in it. Salt will be pee'd out, sooner or later.

The point about the water is that you NEED it, to help flush the fat out of your system as you are losing. I don't know anybody who can go from, say, a quart of water a day to 100 oz. But you can go from a quart to a quart and a half, right? And from there to a half gallon, etc.

Take your time, but get there. My rule of thumb is 1/2 your weight in lbs , as oz of water. For now, for you, that's about 100 oz. You'll need less as you lose.

When you don't drink enough water, your body tries to hang on to it, because all the systems in your body are devised to guard against shortage. Drink too little, it hangs on to what you do have, and you get bloated, because it's trying to prevent dehydration--you are telling it to avoid that.

Eat too few calories, your metabolism slows down, as your body tries to hang on to the fat you have in order to avoid starvation.

Are you keeping a food log? That will tell you what your ratios are. Especially at the beginning, it should be about 70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% carbs. Less than the 5% is fine, just so you keep the fat at or around 70%.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-15, 14:43

BF:

Yahoo I lost 2 lbs. this am, even with the salami (which was amazing) and lots of bacon

And that's not the 2 I gained back yesterday but refused to log!!!

I was starting to think I couldn't eat stuff like that!

I'm happy to know that if I can do it 5 more times I'll be at my first goal.

Last edited by 1DogDay : Wed, Dec-09-15 at 20:19.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-15, 15:35

Congratulations! Feels good, yes?
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-15, 20:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Hiya... since you all are talking Crockpot and roasts, here's one of my all time favorites and its so easy.

Pepperoncini Pot Roast [Crock Pot Recipe]

Does this taste spicy hot Jo? I might try it but don't like anything too hot.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-15, 20:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
Congratulations! Feels good, yes?

Yes MickiSue, very good