Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-09, 20:36

Plan: VLC & Modified Lo Carb
Stats: 321.0/297/280 Female 69.5 inches
BF:way to high
Progress: 59%
Default A new more active Me

Decided it would be a good idea to start a gym log since I am incorporating that more this time around.

I started a gym membership on Jan 26th and met with a personal trainer on Jan 31. I am now all set for what I need to do for now on my workout.

This morning I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill for 25 minutes I was at 2.8-3.0mph keeping my heart rate between 135-140 walked for a total of 30 minutes or so with the warmup/cool down. Then got on the recumbent bike and pedaled for 8 miles.

I will be doing roughly the same workout 6 days a week and 3 days a week I will be working on some upper body strength. I will increase the time as I can on the treadmill and when my target heart rate is not being achieved up my speed.

In about a month I will meet with the trainer again to reevaluate the plan.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-09, 08:04

This mornings exercise.

37 minutes on the treadmill (30 at heart rate of 138 rest warmup/cooldown)

8 miles on the recumbent bike

Today was my day for weights so I made one circuit. Hope to up that next week to go through the machines 2x
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 13:30

Up to 45 minutes on the treadmill + the warmup/cooldown time so closer to 55 minutes. Did not get on the bika the last couple of days as I am pushing more on the treadmill. Adding incline at intervals to challange me even more. I am going to look into getting some wrist weights so that I can get some extra work on my arms while walking on the treadmill.

Today was upper body weights again went well will push it more on Saturday increase weight and sets
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-09, 11:42

Made it 2.88 miles on the treadmill today in 60 minutes. Worked on weights for my upper body.

I have been adding incline to the treadmill to get a more intense workout. I have been keeping my heart rate at 140 for most of the workout. Feeling great.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-09, 13:50

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Wow! Wild intense applause for your endurance on the treadmill! You're doing so great! You're walking much further, and much faster, than I am, but I'm gainin' on ya... yeah, right. I'll continue to applaud as you pull further ahead, and I'll do my personal best.

Meg
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-09, 14:46

Thanks Meg.

I walked 71 minutes on the treadmill today for about 3 miles. Finding that even with incline I can go longer and faster than a week ago. Speed is at 3mph with incline. I watch my heart rate and will increase speed as needed to keep in the target range. I have a feeling I will need to increase speed sometime this next week.

I am running the treadmill on Manual mode right now but will start to experiment with the other modes. Think Monday will be Fat Burning mode.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-09, 21:15

Walked 60 minutes on the treadmill for 3 miles total tonight plus upper body weights.

I used the hill mode on the treadmill for 30 minutes and felt the burn in my calves but it is all good. I will continue to use the hill mode for a few more days. I tried the Fat Burning mode but did not like the setting.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-09, 21:11

I was at the gym this morning for 34 minutes on the treadmill then went back tonight for another 30 minutes. This morning I tried level 4 of the hill setting. I was feeling the burn pretty good by 30 minutes so this evening I dialed it back and went with level 2. I think that will be the level for the next few days then I will try to kick it back up. Total of 3 miles miles between the two sessions.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-09, 20:53

I was sick with Bronchitis so no workouts for nearly 2 weeks.

Got back to the gym on Tuesday and also worked out Wednesday as well.

Tonight I walked 2 miles on the treadmill at 3.5 mph with a 3.0 elevation. I also am hitting the weights a lot harder than I was before. I like my new workout and will post the full weights workout later in the week.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-09, 10:53

Well I see that I have been neglecting my gym log. I am still at the gym 4-5 days a week. Recently added a Kick Boxing class on Saturday mornings. Damn that is a but kicking class. I made it through 15 minutes before I had to take a break and walk in place. I will try to push for 25 minutes next time. I could do most of the things without trouble but felt like and elephant in a china shop. It felt good that I was not the only big woman in the class. DD went with me and enjoyed it so it will be something we can do together. I have been doing more weight training then cardio lately as my knees have been giving me trouble. As the weather continues to get nicer I will begin riding my bike from my house to the gym. Round trip that is 4 miles so that will be my cardio. Eventually I will get back on the treadmill and push myself. Experiemented with running on the treadmill lastweek when noone was around. It was a brief spurt but I think I can do it better when I shed a few more pounds.