Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 08:13
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks for the tips Natasha, I'll have to try the Crystal Light. What do you eat in the evening if you happen to be too tired to fix anything?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 11:44
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%

That happens a lot since I drive in a lot of traffic! If I'm too tired to cook...
Any fast food: Get two or three of the 99 cent burgers or chicken sandwiches and throw away the buns and a side salad. Wendy's has chili that you could work around the beans...I'm not sure how legal it is but it would only be a minor imbalance as it has not bothered me yet!
At home: heat up 3 hot dogs and top with cheese and onions and no bean chili, ketchup, mustard and mayo. I always try to keep coleslaw on hand. It goes well with most anything. I snack on pepperoni, cheese slices, dill pickles. I also make dips. Take one cup of sour cream and one cup of mayo and add tons of seasonings and dried herbs and spinach and bacon bits and garlic and chives. Make some spinach dip, bacon/garlic dip and dip with celery or top pepperoni with it.
I sometimes take sliced deli meat and layer it with cheese and nuk it for a few seconds...If you can get the large slices of pepperoni, top them with tomato sauce and mozzarella and pop in the toaster oven for a pizza. On Sunday or whatever day you're off from work, you could cook up a lot of veggies...Green beans, squash w/ onions, broccoli, or make some casseroles that would last you through the week. Make a cheeseburger pie. My favorite thing is to cook up a big batch of hamburger meat and season it for tacos. Then if I want a taco salad all I have to do is add the lettuce, cheese, salsa, onions, tomatoes, and I add a few tortialls crushed up (this doesn't bother me) for cruchiness...Top it with taco sauce and it's great! I hope that helps! I'm getting hungry just talking about all of this!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 00:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/256/174 Female 67 in
BF:53%/51%/27%
Progress: 10%
Default Taco Salad

Hi Kitty Kat,

That taco salad sounds great!!! I'll be browning up ground beef tomorrow

Best regards,

Isis
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:11
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat2
At home: heat up 3 hot dogs and top with cheese and onions and no bean chili, ketchup, mustard and mayo [...]

Great ideas! Thanks a lot, that was very helpful. I especially like the idea of precooking the taco meat. A taco salad sounds great to look forward to, and even I can prepare it (my wife will like that )!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 21:27

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up Those are great ideas Natasha!

For those of us who don't want to do the tortillas we can nuke slices of cheese and use them like crackers. They are wonderful in taco salads and even as taco shells if you make big ones!

I love the little pepperoni pizza snack idea and the dips sound fantastic. Gotta try some of these things for sure!

Mb
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%

Have any of you have ever heard of Tastefully Simple products? That's where I buy my dip mixes. They're really good. All you do is add 1 cup of mayo and 1 cup of sour cream. Their website is www.tastefullysimple.com It's sort of like those where you have the parties, etc. at your home and sell products. You can find a rep in your area and just order the product from them instead of having the party...I don't like doing the parties so I buy from a lady I know. Look at their products though..Very good quality and good tasting!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 09:01

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

I tried SS after doing WW and CALP. I am back on the CALP program starting this week. I really like Suzanne's recipes. But, I think I was having too many caarbs, especially too much fruit. The result was that I was hungry all the time, even an hour after eating a LC meal. The CALP program will keep me in line more.

Good luck to you starting SSing.