Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1336   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 03:47

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Feeling a bit "blah" this morning. Low grade headache and just ick. I'm not sure if I'll do my scheduled 7:30 run or not. I'll see if my coffee peps me up. I may skip today since I have runs scheduled for both Thursday & Friday mornings. Plus, today is a DD, so I won't be eating much and that becomes harder if I've done a run. We'll see. I have some laundry to do for Betty today and not much else. It'll be another boring day.

Nic.....sounds like you have your hands full with your doula clients. I'm sure they're very thankful to have your help as they deal with some issues.

Signing out for now...I'll be back later to check on you all.
Sponsored Links
  #1337   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 04:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Wed Morning- Keeps me centered to write it out!

Bunch of not much yesterday excepted I GRAZED all day. All low carb.
Remember when you all started LC and you were like "YES I CAN EAT ALL I WANT- as long as zero carbs!!! That was me yesterday.

Eats yesterday:
6 salami slices
2 hotdogs
pickle
salmon 4 oz
6 seared scallops
1.5 cups wilted kale
2 turkey deli meat slices rolled up
1/4 apple before bed
1 rum beverage / Lacroix
water and more water

did gain 1/2 pound. But the salt............. I salted a hotdog!!! I seem to be craving salt right now. I could just get a salt block and lick it.

Could be the heat right now. Anyway- cutting back right now food wise!
sticking to my OMAD- I felt like a ballon yesterday! Puffy!

Lori- Wondering if you aren't a bit dehydrated!!!! You are out so much as well and you are sweating like mad in this heat. Speaking of salt- we ALL should be having a bit of broth in this heat for the salt- due to extreme sweating!!!

Hope you are feeling better!
I was happy to read you are resting today!

NIC- OMG I have to sleep in a meat locker!! My DS complains every time he spends the night. I set it to 67- I could do 68- hotter than that and I can't sleep.
I would have not slept in 77 degrees!

So how many clients do you have now? You are really getting things moving in your work! Do you charge per hour? Session? How do you charge? I am curious?
Do you have a website up yet?

Awesome for you!!!!!

Hey Trig- I know you are up! Your "light is on!" I love your eagle!!!! Plus I was your 5000 post!!!

I am not a fan of the "buffalo"- I love the gal with bow and arrow!
Funny about that!

Blue- updates
-----------------------------------------------------------
quick post.
I am going to get to see the kids for the first time in 4 months. The caveat is I can't hug/kiss them. That is going to be hard.....but I will comply...... Sniff sniff.......... I just love those babes

We are meeting at the Clemson Botanical Gardens. Hotter than crap but I said yes, if early. So I am up early and will head out here about 7:45- hand in the gardens until about 12:30 then head home.

I won't do much after that as I will be tuckered out from the heat and the drive! I will totally water up today!

I am OMAD today! Not sure what I will be in the mood for. Nothing right now!

I have been looking for a bike. They are sold out everywhere- add that to the fact I don't know what I want yet. Just a leisure bike to cruise around the neighborhood. I can't go far here in Atlanta without hitting a major street.

However ,I will rent one on St. Simon.

I have a coffee date with my "new boss" on Sat. I should have more clarity one way or the other. In the mean time- I will just chill in the mean time.
To be honest- I am not even ready to pull up the job websites just yet!

Gotta run-
Shorts and flip flop day!!! My kinda day! Hair up.

Back later!!!
  #1338   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 05:06

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco it does sound like you have your hands full on your clients, hope everything smooths out!

The pharmacy is for his phenyobarbitol? for seizures. Vet calls them into the regular pharmacy to get since it is people med also LOL that is a cheapy kinda...20 per month on seizure pills but other stuff, like his heartworm etc....I use 1800petmed cause like you our vet charges alot more and this crap is expensive even at that online place.

Lori, hope you get to feeling better soon. It sucks when ya feel blah. so get that. Just relax thru the day and nap and chill out kinda thing, not a darn thing wrong with doing just that!!

Jaz, enjoy your visit. Just hanging out with your family will be good for all of ya but geez, outside walking around, you gonna probably melt LOL but you guys will have fun I am sure.

-----------I tell ya I don't live right at all!

Bad tooth. Can you believe it? My last one bottom right is aching like a mother. Can't touch it at all and throbbing. Started yesterday and I also have a massive sinus issue happening as usual for me cause hubby mowed and I got allergy kicking in on top of it all......and when I get super allergy and sinus combined with low pressure storms we had.....my back teeth tend to ache. It is normal for me and I thought, oh normal crap and my head must be worse cause now my teeth are hurting again a bit.....again, this is kinda normal for me.....weird I know......but then it ramped up, the tooth is going crazy. The top back teeth stopped hurting, the jaw is not aching like it was but that bottom last tooth is now throbbing and going batshit crazy on me.

someone needs to put me down soon LOL

supposed to go to moms but calling dentist when they open at 8 and beg to get squished in for appt to get at least an xray to see if cracked or abcessing or anything? I have no choice, I leave Sat. for trip....omg.

I am so over teeth, while they are great to have, I swear dentures would be easier but I know they really wouldn't be...UGH

Calgon take me away.

will see how this day goes down, and if it has to be pulled I am doing it today with him I hope. I can't take this crap anymore. Too much happens all at the same time. I had days and days of doing nothing, freaking nothing and no bad tooth, now I have to do mom, pack rv, trip on sat and NOW the BS tooth does this? WTH all things crap wait for the worst time to kick in?

I am so over it all LOL
  #1339   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 07:03

BF:

Oh Trig.....sure hope you can get in to the dentist today and get that dealt with. Things always seem to happen when you have plans made.

Jaz...have a wonderful day with the kids. Not sure they will understand why you can't give hugs & kisses....sad we are in this pandemic time.

Just puttering around the house here. I may go for a walk this afternoon when DH comes home and takes over the TV. He puts on a stupid sports show and then sleeps for 2 hours. I don't need to sit here thru that again today! Sigh....

Sun finally popped out. It's been cloudy all morning and we may have some storms this afternoon. Typical summer weather.

Bye!
  #1340   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 15:19

BF:

Me again!

I made it pretty well thru another DD. I ate a bit more today than Monday, and I did break down and have a lite beer(96 cal.) after walking for 4 miles in 90+ degree weather. I just had to! I don't typically drink a beer on a DD as I know alcohol stops all fat burning while your body deals with the "toxin". Sigh......

Trig....waiting to hear how you made out getting into the dentist.

Jaz...did you have a nice time with the kids?

Nic...bet you and the whole family are enjoying the pool in this terrible, hot weather! How nice to have that right outside your back door!

Blue.....

That's it from me. Ho hum....another day tomorrow.
  #1341   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 17:38

BF:

dentist said top teeth that were achy was sinus but bottom is not sinus related. xray showed a good tooth…this is my wisdom tooth, all 4 of mine came in perfect and never had troubles.

but he said this bottom wisdom has some bone loss on the back side of it and is making a deeper pocket down along the gum line so when I chew hard…and he said like a steak LOL…I am aggrevating the gum all along that tooth and it is getting just a tad loose on its grip cause of that bone loss…huh, who knew…but he said tooth is not cracked etc. but said when you can’t take it anymore, go to oral dentist and get that sucker pulled. Ok I will…later LOL

eating lighter tho cause of jaw ache, that darn tissue along that gum all back there is highly super sensitive right now…ugh.

had some bacon, a small burger patty and a small beef tenderloin steak. don’t want quantity right now due to the darn jaw is annoying the heck out of me so just making due thru it all.

eh, I will live

chat up tomorrow, I am in a mood again HAHA
  #1342   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 17:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy ho, all! Hump day!

Lori- I hope you got to feeling better. I think the humidity and storms etc are enough to bring a headache to most people. I took one Advil either yesterday or today, I can't remember which, for a low level headache.

I don't know how you walked four miles in this heat. Ugh! More power to you! Did you get the strong storms? We got a ton of really good rain.

Jaz- Happy Wednesday! Join me in not knowing what day it is. lol
Girl, I LOVE salt so I get it but I have never salted a hot dog! That had me
!

I currently have two clients. The one keeps me really busy at 20 hours per week. The other one I've spent six hours the past two weeks and some weeks I don't go at all. I charge by the hour or a flat overnight fee. Day shift is 3-4 hours minimum.

I hope you have had such a good time seeing the Littles. I know they have missed you terribly. The whole not hugging thing- I am wondering if you all managed to pull that off or not. I feel like it would be darn near impossible. I hope you took pictures!

Oh Trig, that completely sucks about your tooth. I am so sorry. I am so mad about that for you. Enough!!

••••••••••

Good day today. Out by 10 for work and back about 4:30. I didn't get to the store afterward like I had planned because heavy storms were coming. It rained from right before I got home for about three hours.

I was with the Mom of the 8 weeker today. I think Mom is really, really in denial about how her baby is not getting what she needs food wise. As a doula and not a medical professional, it is outside my scope of practice to really make recommendations etc short of asking what did the pediatrician advise, did he/she mention supplementation or pumping etc. I did mention a few things like the hope that a breastfed baby will double birth weight by around 3 months and such. I am actually worried about this baby- the mom really should be supplementing or pumping bottles or something.. I don't know why the pediatrician didn't press this more. Or else the Mom only heard what she wanted to hear. Ugh! I am really stressing over this!

Anyway, other than that all is well. We are all settled in Pandemic wise as a family and so forth. For the most part I am really enjoying the Fam being home. I will really really miss DS21 when he leaves to go back to school. I both hope he gets to stay the whole semester at UMD and also will be NOT SAD if he comes home. It does sound like he will probably move to NYC in January assuming the actual offer comes through as he was told, so I want to treasure my time with him before he well and truly flies the nest.

Both boys talked to me about getting new clothes- DS18 has outgrown everything, bless his heart, and DS21 has bulked up enough across the back and shoulders with weightlifting that he needs new clothes too. I of course agreed- again, this time is passing quickly now.

Eats today:
• tea, keto coffee
• I goofed and left my entire bag at home today when I left to do my Doula shift. Stopped at a 7-11 and bought 2 hotdogs no bun and a Quest bar. I ate 1.5 hot dogs and .5 of the Quest bar between 12:30 and 4.
• Really hungry by 5. I had a mozzarella cheese stick and the remaining 7 shrimp with a bit of homemade LC cocktail sauce.
• Dinner was tacos. I had maybe 1/4 cup of LC taco meat with a sprinkling of cheese. Wasn't hungry anymore by then!
• 1/3 cup Rebel Butter Pecan (so dang good.)
  #1343   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-20, 17:48

BF:

Trig- just saw that we crossposted. So you just live with it until you can't live with it anymore? But... steak! lol Hugs, sweetie.
  #1344   ^
Old Thu, Jul-23-20, 06:24

BF:

tooth a bit better this morn and will 'watch it' and think I can do ok in the long run....it is what it is

off to moms to shop and home for RV and get'er done stuff.

behind the 8 ball....reading along and enjoying all you guys say....no time for chat up from me right now

great day all...busy busy here til I finally get on vacay and not be busy at all other than doing darn fun stuff LOL
  #1345   ^
Old Thu, Jul-23-20, 06:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning-

Nic- great post! You sound so grounding and humming along!
Urghhhhhhh on the new mom not getting it with the baby not getting enough. Is the baby screaming her head off? Is she single? This is puzzling how she would not get it. Most moms are all about feeding the kids!

Yea I would be concerned too!

Cool on getting the "boys" school /work clothes! That is sweet of you!This time will go quickly you are so right!!!!

Also sounds like you are putting some change in your back pocket!!!

TRIG- Gosh I just hate tooth issues. I had had my fill of dental work. PIA!!!!!! - Good news you're tooth is intact and good.
Maybe a sensitive type tooth paste. I also switched to an electric tooth brush at the advise of my dentist and it sure made a difference in my gums- just a thought!

Hope you are feeling better!
When are you leaving out? YUP- it is melt heat out there right now!!!

Lori- I get a ho hummmmm day! It's hot and rainy here too! To hot and muggy to go out!
Have you tried any of the fish your DH caught?

Let me tell you do NOT give a second thought to a LC /CAl beer after a 4 mile walk in this heat! PLEASE! Cheers to that! Awesome you get a 4 mile walk in!!!

Blue- - how are you doing?
---------------------------------------------------------
Had a nice drive to see the kids. They were sweet as can be. I never touched them. It was super sad- sniff..... not to tickle a belly or hug those babes!

The "princess" has really grown up in her talking since I have seen her (4 months). But she whispers when she speaks. I truly laugh at this as I think it is a peer play. Everyone leans in to hear her. Any thing she says is precious.
Her older brother is "over it" and states making BANG BANG loud noises when she speaks......Then he gets in "time out for interrupting".
DD has her hands full! They are 3 weeks until they get their new house!
They are staying in student housing dorm- all shoved into a studio apt. with a small ac unit hanging out of the window that does nothing! I know they will be excited to finally spread out!

It was sad as I drove away......They are headed to Ohio to see her dad and brother today! Safe travels to her!

I am sorta in a ho hummmmm mood too! I am over looking at these blank 4 walls- too hot to go outside- to much Covid to go anywhere.

Covid is climbing at warp speed here. My DS cancelled his Florida trip THANKFULLY!!!! - He is coming to see me first week I am in the beach townhouse. Glad it won't be from Florida.

Really I am just waiting for my meeting with "new boss" Sat. Spoke with her on phone last night for a bit. I am now confused as she is considering moving the place of headquarters of this new start up. She is thinking the area near where she lives.
So I am in limbo as far as where am I going to live? I am going to press a bit (nicely) but I need to know, this will happen Saturday morning.
She tends to think this is going to roll out next week.......... with $$ to go with. I will believe it when I see it.

Meanwhile the sale of the doll house moves forward. There is a possibility the buy my washer and dryer. I was asked via an email how much. I just bought those this year- so I gave a higher price. But hey- I will knock off a few hundred to keep from dragging them around and then paying to store them. Then I will just get new!

I am on point for WOE-
I am up a pound today- I feel bloaty too- I ate super salty meat last night.
I got some "lamb/gryro meat and made it into a salad. It was so good and so salty. Flush today!!! -

Today is going to be the day I sort through this closet! Time to face the music on what fits, what doesn't and what needs to go. Then I will box it up and take it to Goodwill. I need to finish up the last bit of packing except what I am active using!

Just sorting waiting -
Thought about going to Ohio myself next week - I have nothing planned next week at all. I don't want to just sit in an empty/ packed house and stare at the TV.

I will wait and see what Saturday holds.
Tomorrow I will drop off a birthday card to my mom's husband. Quick in and out.

I guess Lori summed it up- ho hummmmmmmmmm
  #1346   ^
Old Thu, Jul-23-20, 07:52

BF:

Good Morning!

I was up early, as usual, but decided to wait to post until after my run. OMG...it was so freakin' humid. I was soaked from head to toe in sweat....ugh. In the door and right into the shower. My running clothes are in the washer as we speak. Only 2.5 miles this morning...it was enough. Tomorrow's run is 6AM....love those early morning runs. It was too peopley out there this morning at 8:30.

Trig....glad you didn't have to have a tooth pulled or anything, but sounds like it'll be something that plagues you every once in a while until you get it removed. Hope it doesn't bother you during your trip. I had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth taken out when I was 19. Not fun.

Jaz.....glad you had fun with the kids, but sad to not be able to hug & tickle. So precious how the little princess whisper talks so you have to lean in close.

I hope you can get some things resolved with the new job during your meeting on Saturday. You have been MORE than patient. I'm just SO glad that you are out of the hospital situation.

Nic.....hope the Mother with the baby not eating enough will realize that she needs to make some changes. I'm sure you're concerned. Do you have another overnight coming up soon?

Blue......miss you!

--------

Ok....time for me to rustle up something to eat. About an hour after a run, the hunger kicks in with a vengeance.

Have good days!
  #1347   ^
Old Thu, Jul-23-20, 15:27

BF:

Trig- when do you leave again? This weekend?

Jaz- What cuties you have! Ava is so petite and Noah is an absolutely doll. He looks much older! I know it was so hard not to hug on them. I was LOL'ing on Noah talking over Ava with a "bang bang!" Your DD looks like such a good and attentive Mama.

Seems like you may as well go ahead and visit your Ohio guy. Why not?

Also, what is the future boss saying about having the business be somewhere else? Like, in the ATL area or what? That is quite a switcheroo.

Lori- Glad you got your run in. I don't even know what the temps are like lately, I hardly go outside. It has been so awful!

Blue- you are missed! I know you are busy.

•••••••••••

Got up and out relatively early for me- hit up the shopping before 8:30 today. Got most of what the boys wanted for lunches and snacks etc.

I have an overnighter tonight so I sort of wish I'd slept longer but whatever. I'll make up for it.

Eats today:
• tea, keto coffee
• 2 sausage cheese bites (new recipe) with one LC yogurt
• snack 5 PM: 1/4 can tuna/mayo/egg/sf relish (leftover from the other day)
• dinner will be garlic parmesan wings (LC, homemade) and maybe a little bit of LC ice cream

Not much else to report. Just puttering around doing stuff- vacuuming, laundry etc.
  #1348   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-20, 04:57

BF:

Reading along and enjoying what I am reading

Off to grocery for chips and soda and crap for them for rv.

home to pack. I am behind point blank but I do have to get it all done.

chat up later when I get back with ya'll!!
  #1349   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-20, 06:35

BF:

Good Morning!

A restless night and up at 4:30 to gulp down a cup of coffee before heading out on my 6AM run. I couldn't believe how humid it was at that early hour. Ugh. I hit a milestone on the Charge Running App that I use....I've run 200 miles using the app since I joined at the end of November. I didn't add up a lot of miles in the Winter, but have been doing well the last few months. I'm hoping I can keep going once the weather gets cold. I'm not a fan of running in the cold and on icy/snowy sidewalks. I'll probably have to resort to the treadmill quite a bit.

Nothing going on here today. I think we'll be getting take out for dinner from somewhere. Doesn't matter to me as long as I don't have to cook it!

Have a good Friday everyone!
  #1350   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-20, 07:31

BF:

Lori- 200 miles! That is awesome. Very well done!

Trig- Have a great trip!

Jaz- Hopefully you will be checking in soon. No check in from you last night. Wah!

••••••••••

Back from my overnighter and it went well. Such a sweet little baby this little boy is. I enjoy him so much and his parents are very nice and kind too. This little boy will be especially loved to pieces because he will be an Only. He will be a very blessed little one! Back to them on Sunday.

I have a lunch date planned for 11:30 so I will leave here around 11. For me overnights work best when I come home and crash for a while (today 7-9:30) and then plan something to get me moving in the afternoon. Then I can lay down briefly if I really want/need to in the late afternoon.

Scale finally dropped today, .8 pound. So yay for that!