Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 21:04

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 225/175/148
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Sunshine 2

Hi,

Wasn't sure if you saw the other post on "Anyone from Oklahoma?" I also live in Tulsa, and wanted to say hello.

Have a good day!

Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 12:01
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Hey there, I didn't see the post until yesterday, yes I'm a little slow.

Hello my fellow neighbor. what part of Tulsa do you live in? I live around 51st & Memorial. Between Memorial & Mingo, Regency Park Addition.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 22:21

BF:
Default hello neighbor

I live around 31st and Sheridan area, Boman Acres is the name of the housing addition (sp). I have not started a journal yet. Do you find it helpful? Glad to see you are doing well on lc.

Julie Kelly
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 08:03
OSU Cowboy Fan

Well, we don't live that far at all from each other. I have friends that live in that area.

Yes, a journal is very helpful. You can list your struggles and people are always willing to help out with some ideas. And to read other journals are very encouraging. Natruska's journal is a good one to read and there are numerous others. You can also see what everyone is eating.

Glad to meet you.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 18:10

BF:
Default howdy neighbor

Well we will have to stay in touch and keep track of each others successes along our weight loss journeys. Have you found that any particular food causes you to stall? I haven't been doing it long enough to find out for myself yet. I started on November 25 and so far I've lost only 10 pounds, but I guess that is more than I would have lost if I had still been eating the Standard american diet. In fact, I probably would have gained over the holidays, but instead I just maintained. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Kelly
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 12:34
OSU Cowboy Fan

That sounds like a good idea. As far as stalling, I havn't quite figured that out yet, but I'm beginning to think red meat might make me stall. I switched to chicken and tuna and fish and and a 5lbs whoosh. Also, I started eating 5 smaller meals a day instead of three and my weight has starting dropping again. I've been in the 190's for three months and looking forward to getting in the 180's.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 22:46

BF:
Default interesting

Never thought of red meat being a possible culprit. I don't really think I was on a stall, just slow loss. I'm down a pound this week, just didn't really lose over Christmas, but hey!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should just be glad I didn't gain over Christmas, huh! Anyway, I'm feeling good about it all. My husband is not totally sold on this kind of lifestyle, but maybe he will be when my body actually looks good again. Anyway, I'm eating as much as I want and how could eating as much as you want and losing weight at the same time be a bad thing. Are you doing a particular plan really? I was reading lots of neat stuff on this board about the comparison of each plan. Makes me want to try some blueberries or melon or something. I should probably pick up some of those things and have them as a dessert instead of sf jello or pudding and cool whip. Who knows? I'm in such a hurry to get this weight off that I'm all but scared to throw in any real carbs other than my low carb veggies, etc. Anyway, this is turning into a novel, so I'll quit blabbing for now.

Happy New Low Carbing Year!!!

Julie
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 08:16
OSU Cowboy Fan

I don't think red meat makes people stall, but I think my body has a hard time digesting it, so I'm still playing around with different things on my menu. Yes, blueberries is something i've been thinking about adding to my diet. I miss the fruit. My husband is not sold on the idea yet either, although he has not complained too much lately because he is happy that I've lost as much as I've lost. He just thinks I should eat more fruit. So maybe adding blueberries and melon will satisfy him, .

I've been loosing very slow too, but the good thing about that is, I don't think we will gain it back, and we know that it is actual pounds lost, not just water weight. I've also been working out quite often so I've lost a lot of inches.

To not gain over xmas is awesome, I was up around 3 pounds, but now I've lost those, so I'm back to the 193 point again. I'm hoping to loose 10 pounds by Valentines Day.

I pretty much stick to the Atkins plan, right now, I'm back to the inductin phase.