Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-11, 05:35

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Due date

Would you gals mind posting your due dates?? And, how far along you are??

Mine is February 12th. I am currently 19w, 1day.

I have my 20 week u/s next week on the 27th. We want to find out the sex. We have 4 boys, 1girl, so I'm kinda hoping it's a girl, but it really doesn't matter.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-11, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

I am due on feb 16th.second baby.first one is a girl.She's hoping for a baby sis.dh hopes for a boy.we'll see.and i hope for more kids in the future.the more the merrier!
I should be about 18 wks,5 dys I suppose.
Just about two weeks back,I started feeling flutters,they were more in the bladder area,so i didn't notice much.But now those little kicks are felt around the waistline,making me worry if the baby is breach.I don't feel them outside,probably due to all my padding LOL.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-11, 07:51

BF:

Hi, Primrose, I've been wondering how you've been. So, we are due basically the same time!! I've been feeling the baby for about a month now. He/she is a pretty active little person. LOL Are you going to find out the sex or be surprised??
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-11, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Eriksgirl,
I used to lurk around here once a while,but since 6 weeks on I had terrible sickness and had to go off lc of any sort.That lasted until about 4 months.now I am slowly coming back to normal,and has started adding back veggies and meat into my diet.at this point ,worrying about weight gain only adds more stress.I am given the OK for light exercise(aftre being on bedrest)and I haven't started -planning to maybe join prenatal yoga and walking and go fom there.my last one was overdue by 5 days.we would love to find out what we have.just so that I can be prepared.with dd,they could not say bcoz of her position it seems.so it was a surprise.i don't like surprises anymore.I like to be prepared always LOL.
Oh and I crave colorful veggies and fruits like crazy.last night i made oven roasted veggies with crimson pears.It was such a splash of color to look at.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-11, 08:38

BF:

I knew the last you had posted that you were having an awful time with morning sickness. I'm glad you are feeling a little better. :-)

I hear ya about surprises. We plan on finding out too, if the baby cooperates. After 5 kids, I would rather know so I'm prepared. I don't have time to run out after the baby's born to get clothes, etc.

Sounds like you're doing great with exercising. I'm not doing so well. My fatigue hasn't gone away. I feel exhausted all the time. Every once in a while, I'll have a really good day and will get it in, but that's about it. Then again, I chase 5 kids all day, so maybe that counts as exercise???? LOL wishful thinking
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-11, 08:42

BF:
Default 19 weeks pregnant

19 weeks pregnant.

Last edited by eriksgirl : Tue, Sep-20-11 at 08:58.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-11, 20:07

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

My EDD is March 27, so I'm 13 weeks 3 days today. This is our first, and we will definitely find out the sex because I want to get to decorating! I had to shop for a friend recently who didn't find out, and it is HARD to find neutral clothing - so many things that are even yellow or green have, like, flowers or dinosaurs on them. Plus, I don't have family or many friends close by to help me out with things if I have to go running out shopping AFTER the baby is born my best friend locally is actually also pregnant, due about 5-6 weeks after me, she won't be in any shape to be helping me out much!). Should be able to find out the sex in early-ish November, so I think we'll announce it to my family at Thanksgiving dinner since we do Thanksgiving at our house anyway.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-11, 06:26

BF:

Yay!!!! That's the exact same reason I'm finding out the gender. I'm not one of those people who likes to do all the shopping AFTER the baby. I'd rather go home, kick my feet up, and bond with my baby for a few weeks without having to worry about going out into the public.

Anyway, lol, are you hoping for a particular gender or do you have a hunch?? That's so cool that you'll get to announce it over the holidays.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-11, 07:59

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksgirl
Yay!!!! That's the exact same reason I'm finding out the gender. I'm not one of those people who likes to do all the shopping AFTER the baby. I'd rather go home, kick my feet up, and bond with my baby for a few weeks without having to worry about going out into the public.

Anyway, lol, are you hoping for a particular gender or do you have a hunch?? That's so cool that you'll get to announce it over the holidays.

No strong hopes either way - I have read stories of people who admit they are "disappointed" because it doesn't turn out to be what they'd hoped, and I just can't let myself get into that kind of thinking. When I was born, and doc said it was a girl, the first thing my mom said to my dad was, "I'm sorry!" No, thank you! We will be perfectly happy either way. I find myself referring to it as "he," but when I picture baby stuff, I Always picture a baby girl only because that's what I personally have more experience with. Either way, right now, I'm just pulling for no physical deformities caused by my high vitamin A supplementation early on!