Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 17:38

Plan: atkins for now
Stats: 280/209.4/160 Female 5'10.5
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default When???

I'm just wondering WHEN wt loss will kick in???
I'm going crazy over here. Breastfeeding all the time, lowcarbing for almost 2 SOLID weeks now- no cheating, walking at least 3 1/2 miles a few times a week... Drinking a gallon of water a day because I'm so parched...
I'm getting so discouraged and am really wanting to binge ...
Any words of encouragent will be greatly appreciated... :~)

When did wt loss KICK IN for y'all?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 180/174/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 10%

hmm, could you post a typical day of your foods and drinks? Put down everything, even gum. Maybe someone can help you jump start the loss.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 18:09

BF:

Sure!
Today-
Bfast- eggs, ham n cheese
Lunch- rotisserie chicken with some Ranch
Snacks- berries- blueberries, rasberries n blackberries with some whip cream (this is not typical, but I HAD to have something sweet!)
Supper- bacon, eggs n cheese
I've had 3 Liters of lemon water so far...
That's pretty much how I've been eating...
I may have deli ham some days..
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 18:13

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Did you take measurements? You might be losing inches instead of pounds.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 21:11

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Could you be holding water? Ham and bacon tend to be pretty high in sodium. What kind of rotisserie chicken is it? If it's roasted in the store there are probably sodium and hidden carbs in the marinade used.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 05:51

BF:

Mfish
Thank you for saying that! That's my thoughts... I'm gonna 'cleaner' and see what happens. Like boiled chicken on top
Of salas greens and the such.
I have been eating a lot of bacon. It's just so good! Lol!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 07:44

BF:

one more thing...
I have read so much about how breasfeeding is a GREAT tool for weight loss and I have yet to witness that! Any of you ? and if so, WHEN!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 08:51

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!

Hey edybean! I never actually found breastfeeding to be an asset to my weight loss. Good clean healthy eating, lots of walking around the neighborhood with my baby napping in his stroller, and then ONE DAY I realized I was down several pounds! Take my advice...don't sweat it. If you know you're eating well and getting plenty of good exercise (walking is great, you can do it with your baby!) the weight WILL COME OFF! Just be patient, give it time. Weigh only every couple of weeks, always at the same time of day. Enjoy your baby!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-11, 14:32

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I am expecting my 6th. I'm hoping to not gain a lot with this pregnancy because it doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat, I never lose a pound while BF'ing. It sucks. With my last pregnancy, I bought several BF'ing books on what to eat, etc. NOPE. Didn't lose a pound. On the other hand, I didn't gain weight either. I could eat crap and not gain a pound. WHAT??? So, I'm trying very hard to eat extremely healthy and low-carb so I don't gain a whole lot. I always chalked my inability to lose weight while BF'ing to my hormones. Anyone know?????
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-11, 16:37

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I was one of the unlucky women that could not lose a pound while breastfeeding, regardless of how I ate or how much I exercised. It was incredibly depressing at times... I had that initial drop after having my son, but after an entire year I had only managed to lose another 5-10 lbs. I nursed my son for 14 months and within a week of weaning I lost 5 lbs and after that the weight continued to drop off. I was back to my pre-preg weight within a month or so after I weaned him...

Some of us get screwed, I guess. But it was worth it. Breastfeeding was a wonderful bonding experience for us and was especially wonderful from 6+ months (we had a lot of latching issues early on, so it was frustrating for a time).
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-11, 11:55

BF:

Thanks ladies!
I remember way back when, I kept a food journal and tracked every single morsel I ate. When I started Atkins, I logged my carbs, of course. Well, today I started that along with a C25K program with my new little tot...
Point being, it is not even 2 pm and I have had 16 carbs! Granted, it is mostly in my drinks for I am drinking a gallon and a quart, easy...I am parched...and could drink more, but don't think its very wise.
When I first started back a couple of weeks ago, I was eating heavy meats and cheese and my fave, mayo! Today, I am going to eat cleaner and do what the good man says by eating at least 15 carbs in foundational veggies...
Sound like a good plan?
Any one of you ladies still breast feeding? If so, what do you keep your carb count around to assure adequate milk supply? Mine is good due to the amount of liquid I consume, I think...
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-11, 14:55

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!

My "baby" is now 11 yrs old, so breatfeeding is long over for us, ha ha! I do think you shouldn't have problems with your supply as long as you are drinking lots of water. If you're thirsty, drink! Don't worry about how much you are drinking as long as you are satisfying your thirst. Breastfeeding is thirsty work! I always had a huge glass of water beside me as I nursed, and would just sip away at it!

Maybe take the lemon out of your water? Lemon juice is a diuretic...you could be peeing away all of your hydration! If you really do love lemon water, make every second glass plain water, and see how that goes for you.

Remember, our ancestors nursed with no problems at all on a hunter-gatherer diet...they certainly weren't counting carbs! As long as you are well nourised and well hydrated, you will be FINE!