Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 03:23

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Diabetics Beware: ADA guidelines will make your diabetes worse. Dr Ken Berry

I'm a bit late to the Dr Ken Berry fan club. He is a PCP in a small Tennessee town, and has a YouTube channel, a book, Lies My Doctor Told Me and is working with one of the 2KetoDudes. He's been everywhere lately, conferences, podcasts, etc. I Finally got around to watching his Diabetes warning video, Diabetics Beware: ADA Guidelines will make your Diabetes Worse. It is a direct appeal to ignore guidelines, just as Dr Hallberg's TEDTalk message works for others. He is a smart guy, accept the accent and basic video skills...a straight forward message that should be in this forum.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuwIn2Z2zRY

Under the YouTube are links to his book and other information on a very LC Diet, etc.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Jul-19-18 at 06:25.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 05:00

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I haven't listened to the podcast but just from the title I can imagine that this doctor is one of those crazy people who believe the earth is round not flat.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 06:52

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I haven't listened to the podcast but just from the title I can imagine that this doctor is one of those crazy people who believe the earth is round not flat.

When I linked to the video in Janet's post, the first thing that started was an ad for diabetes control. Really?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 07:13

BF:

I like Dr. Berry and his messages. We need more clinical practitioners like him to spread the word to patients, as to many of us baby boomers, physicians carry a lot of credibility with their messages. It's starting to grow in number, and having physicians who are willing to question the myths that were created about lifestyle over the last 50 years is important to make inroads on ending this travesty.

Here's a timely video related to another thread discussing fatty liver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZIWJ7fUzg
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-18, 12:46

A good interviewer makes for a good video with Dr Ken Berry. Smart questions, thoughtful calm answers in a professional setting. I don’t always watch Dr Berry's YouTube channel since he can go off on rants, but this interview is great.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/dr-ken-b...youtube-channel

Quote:
Tom Bilyeu, a cofounder of Quest Nutrition and the founder of Impact Theory, is a big name in the personal health arena. He started his successful YouTube channel with the intention of introducing viewers to the people and ideas that will help them actually execute on their dreams. With it, he reaches hundreds of thousands of people.

On his channel, Bilyeu recently sat down with Dr. Ken Berry for an inspiring conversation. Ken is the author of Lies my doctor told me, a book that exposes common misinformation dispensed from physician to patient. Dr. Berry also has a popular YouTube channel where he challenges conventional ideas and covers medical topics most doctors would rather not discuss.

In this interview, Dr. Berry covers why what you eat matters and what kind of impact food has on your entire being, along with common myths and controversies. He also stresses the fact that we need to consider what we evolved to eat and why that is important. Tune in to this video if you’re interested in knowing more about what you can do to optimize your health and the science behind it.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-18, 14:33

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Great Video Janet!
Thank you!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-18, 23:49

BF:

Very informative. I like Bilyeu's interviewing style. He pulls out a lot of information in a very relaxed style.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-19, 00:32

BF:

As I watched the video I kept noticing the difference in the skin tone of the two. Dr. Barry looks very healthy with good healthy color and rosy cheeks but the interviewer, I kept thinking he looked anemic and his skin was so white that it almost had a yellowish tone as if he was sick.

Anyway, it is a really good video and I completely agreed with everything Dr. Barry said.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-19, 09:36

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I just got Lies My Doctor Told Me on my Kindle Unlimited and I am looking forward to reading it.

I like his rants
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-19, 11:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I just got Lies My Doctor Told Me on my Kindle Unlimited and I am looking forward to reading it.

I like his rants

It sounds like that could be very therapeutic to blow off some steam! Goodness knows I've heard enough of those lies so hearing a validation of that would be great.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-19, 11:48

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Excellent talk.

#12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 22:08

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear

I like his rants
I have kindle unlimited so was pretty excited about this and was ready to download it immediately, but can’t find it on amazon at all. Only a “second addition “ version coming out on April 30 for about $20. 😞
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 03:50

I think he said in an interview he self-published this book and the second edition has been contracted with a publisher and professionally edited. His sold the PB less than $10, still on website. https://www.kendberrymd.com/books. He has done many many podcast interviews lately, search his name and Human Performance Outliers, 2KetoDudes, etc episodes will result, I just thought the one linked above was a bit calmer than some of his others.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Mar-12-19 at 03:59.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 10:02

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

I ran across Dr. Berry by Googling Low Carb. I love his delivery, the homemade affects of the video, and how he talks. I've lived in TN, OK, GA, Alabama and of course Texas.
I just need to stay lower carb and quit messing around because I don't want to take medicine or insulin. I've been controlling my diabetes with diet and exercise so far because all the diabetes pills the doc gave me a couple years ago made me sick. I think my last A1c was about 6.3.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 10:58

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

6,3????? I wish my doc was ahppy with that level!! lol

I have struggled for years to be LC all without help of doc--- only NOW is she interested in the A1c.... after I asked for the testing.....