Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2131   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-19, 08:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- I would go back to adding MCT- that is key due to the short amino chain!!!!-
The air fryer TELLS you what to cook what on! - Get some wings as your first- I do mine 400 30 mins. The last 5 minutes I add BBQ sauce. Not alot!!!

Can't wait to hear! - add a bit of blue cheese and celery and just like eating out! I do add a lemon pepper salt prior to popping them in. With those you need no oil at all.
Some things like a chicken Brest that has no fat it does need a little marinade on it. I have used Italian dressing and that worked great. Same with the tuna steak- I gave it a pat of butter. You will get it in no time. - but it is not a deep fryer! Very healthy!!!! -

I am having wings, I am thawing now, and coleslaw, well deserved glass of wine on a Friday night!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2132   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-19, 08:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL from the beach
In total tourist beach mode LOL
I am downing rum and diet pepsi as I type.
oh heck yea

hot as heck here
hitting beach in a bit
steaks on the grill tonight with corn for others

I 'feel' thin this morning so watching myself hard on food. a bit bloated from the darn soda but I don't care on it right now...total fun, off the wall trip I want so I am doing just that. Had 2 sausage patties earlier, my drinks and a steak tonight and a ton of fun inbetween….boogie boards are coming out soon!

check later with ya'll
fun to read what you guys are chatting about
  #2133   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-19, 09:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz, thanks for the tips on the air fryer....it just arrived! I have it on my counter in place of my old toaster oven and it looks good! The last thing I would ever make is chicken wings. Just the thought grosses me out. I am a chicken snob. Cannot eat chicken off the bone....especially wings which seem to be nothing but bones and cartilage with skin on them.....DH likes them and will get them out sometimes. Now....I like the boneless, skinless ones, which are nothing but chunks of chicken breast. I know...I'm the only person on earth who does not like chicken wings!

Trig......hello you beach bunny!! Starting your day with rum & diet pepsi..you go girl! Hope it's an awesome vacation.

Ok...off to read my air fryer books!
  #2134   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-19, 13:43

BF:

OMG Lori- I forgot you are the chicken / bone snob! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Can't wait to here your adventures!

TRIG- Hey girlfriend- thanks for checking in. Hey my friend If I was there with you I would have my wine with you - and sit my chair just enough at the side of the ocean!!!!!!!!!
Good on you!!!!!! have fun!!!!!!!!!- Beach envy! - GOD I miss the water!!!!

I have a thinner feeling too!
Today was a great day- why? All 3 of my appts cancelled. Isn't that bad of me??!?!?!?!?- no endless charting- just free now!!!!!-
DEF Wine o'clock for me. I need down time!!!!!!!!!-

It is SO early I am contemplating what to do with my night. I was thinking the free music at the square- but OMG it's like 10000 degrees in the shade!
I am also thinking about a movie- but now I have wine it would be a Urber- Not in the mood to spend $$$$$-

I am meeting friends tomorrow for dinner. 2 co- workers that have moved on and are now friends. We are meeting tomorrow- so saving my $$$$ for tomorrow.
So I have 3 magazines I have not touched- and I have Prime and may just relax - not sure. I will eat and then decide. My goodness it has been so long since I have not had to work on a Friday night!!!!!!

one thing I do know I am 110% on plan and feel GREAT!!!!
  #2135   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-19, 05:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....so glad your Friday turned out to be a nice, slow day! Hope you thought of something....or nothing...fun to do last night.

We had kind of an up and down night. DH's phone rang at midnight.....wrong number. Then the cat started prancing around between 4 and 4:30. I finally got up and let her out around 4:45. Then our son called at a few minutes after 5. He and his Dad went to our daughter's today to work on the yard some more, and he called to change the time DH should meet him from 6:30 to 6. So we got up and DH scurried around to get ready to go. I suspect they'll be home shortly after Noon. They're going to be tired boys as DD got some stones to put in around the edge of her fence by the pool. They are rather large river stones and DH said they are going to be a b!tch to try to shovel and haul in a wheelbarrow.

Our neighbors are having a corn roast picnic this afternoon. Not sure if we'll go or not. If we do, I'll have to run to the grocery store to get something to take along. Maybe some cupcakes or something. I have no idea.

Ok....I'm off to watch some YouTube videos about the airfryer. I had to contact the Amazon seller as I didn't get the baking pan and rack that was supposed to come with it. They responded, so I hope they ship it to me quickly.

Have a great Saturday!
  #2136   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-19, 06:36

BF:

Lori- What brand of air fryer did you end up getting? You got a rack and a backing pan? COOL!!!!-

OMG- I hear ya on those river stones! My neighbor across the street was redoing her back yard and they had some kind of river fountain thing. Anyway she bought the house and yanked it out. Anyway, she was getting rid of those river rocks. They are huge and weight between 45-55 pounds. Well- I ask the guys taking them out of her back yard what they were going to do with them. He said find a place to dump them. Well I ask if I could have half.
So he backed up the truck and dumped them on my driveway. They sat there until my Ohio guy came. I couldn't lift them with a bad back. So now I have them circled around my front large maple tree. I also have the extra lining the fence in the back yard to keep the little one from digging her way out!!!

Needless to say he was hurting the next day- have some Motrin on tap! HAHAHAHAH- looks great though!!

Do you see any recipes that took your fancy?
Have fun at your picnic!!! - I know it is hotter than hades here!!!!
The humidity here is so bad I can't see out my windows right now due to the outside condensation from my AC. I crank it down. It will be interesting to see what my power bill is! This month and next are always my highest! My lowest Nov./ Dec.- I RARELY turn on the heat!!!

TRIG-
- In your element! I have been thinking about St. Simon lately. If you have never been there - highly recommended. It is a hidden gem in GA. Not a tourist place. But a mix of the south with drapy trees, and beach, tropical palms too! Just the most beautiful place! Then Driftwood beach is right across the bridge! You should put that on your bucket list if you have never been there!
Enjoy your beach time!

NIC- Thanks for the pic's! - Wow oh wow I said it, but your DD is a mini you. Did she get that growing up her entire life/ My DD did- she just gave the eye roll!!!!!!! -
Whatcha doing this weekend?

Blue- - If I were in your complex we would be having coffee together down by the pool this morning!
Did you get rested up from your busy schedule? What happening in your neck of the woods!

Hey Greg
----------------------------------------------------
I ended up reading a magazine and sipping a glass of wine and next thing I know boom- out for a lazy nap! I thought I am just going to close my eyes for 30 minutes!
At 8 o'clock Bella wanted out- WOW!!!!- Friday nights I am pretty wiped out from the week! It was nice! I then put stuff away, cleaned up the kitchen, got my coffee ready for this morning and watched my Lottery Dream house for a couple hours and was in bed by 10. Slept until 730.

I sure got in the ZZZZZZZ yesterday! I feel really refreshed this morning!!
Taking a leisurely morning too! I love my relaxed Saturday mornings! I am going to tinker with my website later this morning and this afternoon. I want to get back to my blogging and am considering other things after that! I have a domain name and all!

Wordpress is just not the easiest to do! I want a working website.

Ok- ladies off into my day. Meeting up with a few gal pals for drinks and dinner. I am going to stay on plan because I FEEL so good. I already know I am getting a Cobb salad, done!

Have a great day all!
  #2137   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-19, 07:08

BF:

rum is flowing for me and off to the beach to boogie board

didn't do steaks last night as no one was hungry cause they ate a ton of crap so I had to default to my salami and slim jims LOL

gosh I am hungry this morning but will hold off til we do steaks around 2 this afternoon as our big meal and then he can fish the rest of the night kinda and I can metal detect

kid is on xbox and wants nothing to do with outdoors/beach/anything....whatever I don't care. she can do her thing and we do ours over it all HAHA
  #2138   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-19, 08:26

BF:

Jaz.....oh no...the river rocks our DD got are only about the size of a flattened baseball.....still nearly impossible to shovel and painful to walk on! DH tried to tell her that she should choose something different, but she was having none of it!

My air fryer is a TiLuxury. Made in China, of course. I did get a good customer service experience on the missing rack and pan.....they will be shipped from the warehouse soon. Haven't cooked in it yet...maybe later today. I just made another batch of the "Cookie Dough" fat bombs. OMG......so freakin' good. Could be the reason I didn't lose any weight this week?

Well, washer is chiming. I stripped the bed all the way down including the mattress pad and blankets. Everything will be fresh and clean tonight. I'm going to hang my fuzzy blanket outside to dry as it is a beautiful day with a nice breeze.

Over and out!
  #2139   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-19, 13:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/195/156 Male 69.5 inches
BF:26.5/26.5/21.5
Progress: 7%

Hey Jaz, 😸😺 thanks for the shout out. Flew thru my practice 5K in Old Wethersfield this morning. Perfect weather with a nice breeze. 34 minutes, 47 seconds. I felt great. Making tunafish salad for my lunches now. Looking for a white sauce with dill or mushrooms or onions for grilled chicken. Stuck on that. Scale won’t move, so I better. Running again tomorrow. School starts in a couple weeks. Actually looking forward. Sounds like you ladies are in end of summer mode yourselves. Best. Greg. 185-2=183.
  #2140   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-19, 17:16

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig----Wheeeeeeeeeeee! You sound like you're having so much fun, totally in your element. I love that you're committed to enjoying yourself to the max on this trip and let the others do/be what ever.

I can't remember where you are. Are you on a lake or the ocean? Either way, wish I was there. SIGH. Been so long since we've camped and I used to just love it, both growing up and w/hubby. Nothing like a good drink and a steak on the grill after a long beach day.

Jaz---Yay for cancellations! It's like getting a bonus day off. And you needed it!

Cool to read that you have a big maple in your front yard. My fave tree of all, so stunning in the fall. I bet the river rocks around it are so pretty.

I don't like that lottery winner show. Liked David's former show MUCH better. He's such a good/fun designer and imo this show just wastes him. It's so cookie cutter, go see the realtor, look at 3 houses, throw out a couple of ideas, so boring to me. Not that you asked, HA!---but I'm just PO'd they're not using his talent and I really like to see the design and before and after stuff.

Lori---Funny about you and chicken wings. I happened to have some out at lunch today w/a pal that I didn't like at all. I'm fussy about them, but when I like 'em I really like 'em. But yeah, LOL, you may be one of the few these days who says BAWK! to chicken legs.

I look forward to hearing what you do w/your fryer. I always enjoy hearing about recipes and what people are making and eating, even though I don't like doing it myself at all. Never have but man, lately I've really been lazy about anything having to do w/the kitchen. Hoping that gets a bit better w/fall.

Steadyed---Haha, after just saying I'm no cook I do have an easy LC white sauce for you, great w/chicken, fish, steak. 4 TBS. butter, 1/4 cup of chicken stock, 1/3 cup of cream, 1 fresh garlic clove minced (or to your taste), salt pepper. You can add dill or other spices that suit your fancy as well.

Saute the garlic in the butter till it's softened and cooked thru, Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir on and off on low heat till it thickens a bit . SUPER EASY and DELISH.

Nic---You are doing so well staying chill w/T. Yeah, he has an entirely different MO than you do, but he seems to pull it off in the end. As you know, I empathize entirely and from experience. You go Mama, it's not an easy thing, but I promise you w/the love and guidance you and the hubby have given him he's going to turn out just fine---eventually. It's that last word that tries the souls of moms everywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a gnarly awful business meeting on Thursday that's had me in a royal blue funk I'm just today starting to feel recovered from. People say it's "just work" but that turns out to be a lot when you're living thru it, right Jazzer?!

Have had disappointing work presentations many times in all these years, but this one was extra so, due to factors I won't bore y'all with. Suffice to say that it really threw me for a loop because I wasn't expecting it at all. I hate disappointment, maybe more than any other feeling, and a surprising disappointment is just the worst.

Good news is I didn't drown my sorrows in carbs. Probably because the whole thing made my stomach hurt and I wasn't hungry, so not to claim any credit, but the end result was still good.

Did have my treat night last night at a pal of ours who made us a beautiful all fresh from the garden ragu on angel hair pasta and peach pie. The best kind of cheat---excellent food. And I am happy to report that I was moderate about it. This is something I'm working on as I have a tendency to go nuts sometimes on treat nights---like I know it will end and I can't get enough. Really working on that part of me---which my hubby calls my "starving peasant in another life mode."

Today it's super gloomy and rainy out. I am LOVING it. Seriously, we've had sunny days for 2 weeks and I needed a change and some cozy refuge from all that cheerfulness.

Tonight is a stay at home and read or watch latest series night. Total chill. Yay.
  #2141   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 05:24

BF:

fast one guys
being dragged out to a all you can eat $5 breakfast at Beaver Dam Bar. yea huh? haha local guy said it was fab. eggs, bacon, link sausage, tons of carbs of course but won't touch those. thing is I am not one bit hungry! ugh

very hot. 105 and it is a killer. even a bit much for this hot loving gal. woof

beach day later and then relax a bit with some drinks as usual. I think the drinks don't help the high heat but I don't care HA

reading along and loving it but gotta get moving, hubby says it opens at 8 and he will be the first in line....ugh I tell ya!!!!

cheers
  #2142   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 05:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Stayed in bed till nearly 7 this morning. Unbelievable! We had a nice late afternoon/evening at our neighbor's corn roast/picnic. Probably around 20 people and so much food! I did ok with the eating. Just a hot dog with no bun, a few pieces of melon and a couple deviled eggs. I did have 2 lite beers, however. Oh.....and one bite of a cake that everyone was raving about...eh...it was ok. The thing that tempted me more was a big crock of homemade mac & cheese. Man....I could have gone to town on that, but didn't even taste.

The temps & humidity were perfect for an outdoor gathering yesterday. I had shorts on and actually started to get a little chilly sitting outside. Amazing! Today is supposed to be lovely too.

DH & son got our daughter's poolside stone work all finished yesterday morning. It looks very nice. I got to see some pictures and video. Now just to wait for the grass seed that DH planted to sprout and bring her back yard back to life.

I'm going to do some research today about possible things for us to do in NYC this week. We leave Wednesday and have no baseball obligations until Thursday morning. We plan to Uber everywhere are parking is a freaking nightmare. I haven't used the Subway enough to feel comfortable getting us from point A to point B.

Well...not much happening here today. Love a day of this and that. Whatever strikes my fancy. Wish you all the same!
  #2143   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 07:44

BF:

Me again!

I just used my air fryer for the first time. I think I'm going to love it! I had a Green Chef recipe for Malaysian spiced pork patties and I knew that DH would not think that was a good dinner item, so I cooked up the patties in the air fryer and had one for breakfast.....YUM! Cooked in the air fryer the patties were so juicy and good. For dinner tonight I'm going to roast some broccoli & cauliflower in the air fryer and see how it goes. I'll just toss them with olive oil, salt & pepper and maybe some garlic powder.

Thanks Jaz for pushing me over the edge to replace my old toaster oven with the air fryer!

Later!
  #2144   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 08:00

BF:

Lori- ya just had to go there with the Mac and cheese!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- I would have had to by pass that too! If not I would have been found face down in the bowl not coming up for air!!!!
But hey you did well with deviled eggs!!!!
About NYC- I don't know if I could do the subway. Maybe if I was used to it. I would have tourist written all over the place! -
Yikes- but I hear ya on parking. Are you allowed to PARK in NYC???????
So what is the first thing you are going to make in your Airfryer?

BLUE- - I know what you mean about work. Sometimes it truly is PERSONAL!!!!!- Then when it goes sideways- well we do take it personally. I know that I am having to distance myself, and look at it as just a paycheck. But you are so right, when you are in the thick of it, it is hard to do. Especially when you have invested yourself into a project!

I am happy to hear you didn't turn to carbs! That is in our past life!!!!
You are right, if you are going to cheat, make it planned and make it a worthwhile one!!!!!- You got this! I am still loving your post about putting on your fitted top and it is now flattering!!!

I am like you in that I love a good morticia day! Especially on the weekend when I don't HAVE to go out in it!!!! Makes for a wonderful day to stay in pj's and have a stew or soup on the stove, flip though books, and put on fuzzy socks and CHILL

TRIG-
- You are cracking me up! - Being dragged to an all you can eat anything- URGHHHHHHHHHHHH - Shake it off and you will be back to your rum drinks and boogie board!
I agree that any temp over 95 is just oppressive. It is here too! I am OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg
- Are you a reader? It's awesome that you are so active! I really do believe that is key to healthy living! It is a perfect compliment. But I know alot of people who thought that you can "out run" the fork. One is Dr. Attia - You tube him!!!!, He is a doctor that ended up a diabetic, all the while doing triathlons!!!!!- His story is really interesting.
I might have misspelled his name- but if you put it in like that it will come up!
Are you a teacher? - Yes I can tell you I am ready for FALL!!!!!!- This heat is too much!

Nic- - - howdy!!!!- hope you are having a great time with the kiddo's!!!!
--------------------------------------------
I have a fabulous time with the gals last night. We met at a sports bar and sat in the dining area. We had a grand time. Out waitress was a hoot too!
I was TOTALLY on plan. I told the waitress I had a gluten allergy= no bread, flour, carbs! She told me she did too!
So I ended up with Steak bites, and I was good! My gal pal got scallops and didn't like them, so I "helped her with 2 of them. They were really good! She likes her stuff cooked to death. She would love my pork!!!!

We walked around the shops afterward and window browsed. It was really nice!
We all Urber so no worries.

Well today I have my washing going, and my dishwasher going. I love the sound of machines working!
I need to do my dreaded vacuuming. I don't know why I hate that job. I LOVE the look of a fresh clean floor/ rug. - It's work I guess!!!!

To is like Lori's- a bit of this and that!!!!!! -I could use a really good thunderstorm day about now!!!!!!
  #2145   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 08:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Well, I had just written the longest post and was still working on it, about half an hour of time, and then I accidentally clicked the wrong button trying to click up on the post to add something and took myself to the weather site instead.

So, oh well, lost it, not rewriting it. Maybe some other time, probably not.

Just know I had much to say to all of you, dang it.

But for now, gotta get ready to go with DH.

Hugs to all.
Closed Thread