Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 10:58

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Question: Decaf coffee

Hi and Good Morning Everyone

I have a question concerning decaf coffee. I know Dr. S disapproves of regular coffee but how about water-processed decaf coffee - I've never seen this addressed. I can drink green tea in the morning but I prefer my decaf coffee - no sugar but with a bit of whipped half-and-half cream in it (I cannot find pure cream in Vancouver, nor can I find low-carb bread).

And as a carb in a meal, what is the rule on 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta (I top it off with a stir fry of low-carb veggies) and eat it with a portion of meat. Is this acceptable rather than a bit of rice or a half-potato?

I have read Dr. S's first book twice and am presently reading #2 which I am finding a bit confusing. I began this way of eating almost a year ago and am very pleased with the results. I can now see more muscle mass from my gym workouts, I do weight training once a week rather than mostly aerobic workouts and I am only about 3 pounds from my "goal" weight - YEAH! I so believe in this WOE I have encouraged my kids to buy and read the book and my oldest daughter cooks with recipes from Dr. S's cookbook only - and the food is delicious, plus they've both lost weight.

If somebody could answer my questions about decaf coffee and whole wheat spaghetti I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 12:57

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 140/137/115 Female 60"
BF:Not Sure
Progress: 12%
Default Decaff OK, but not the best

Hi Suni-

I'm new here, but I was just rereading parts of TSP and the Dr says "If you MUSt drink coffee, drink water decaffeinated coffe with cream only."

I think she would probably prefer that you were drinking green tea, as stated in other posts here, but a little decaf isn't the end of the whole program, I suspect.