Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 12:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/236/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Talking Ottawa area

Hi, I just joined this forum. I love it. This is my first day on the LowCarb WOL. So far so good. I am motivated this time so hopefully I can do this.

Would love to heard from Ottawa/Hull area lowcarbers.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 13:45

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

Hi, you've already heard from me, however, i'm not about to let that stop me.

Welcome to the board, techgirl!

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-01, 07:00

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 209/136/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 106%

I have to comment on Ottawa.. It is a beautiful place.. I took my first trip down there a week ago to bring my son to school.. He's attending his first year in Carleton University.. i'm most DEFINITELY returning there again..
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 11:07

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Cool It's been a while!

Hello Fellow Ottawa Person!!!

I fell off the wagon However, I think all I need is a little push...and encouragement, and to find my motivation again... LOL

I would love to become your "Low Carb Diet Buddy" if you'd like! I grew up here in Ottawa/Hull. Was actually looking to meet people who can relate...

Please e-mail me if you're interested... gracia_30~***
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 11:18
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking hi Josee

Great to hear from you again. Any time is the perfect time for a new beginning ... and hopping right back on that wagon.

I know there's a few others here too in the Ottawa area .. Moneca where are you????

p.s. - I edited your email address to prevent spamming. Folks can send you a private message if they wish ... but better yet to share your experiences with everybody on the forum, so we all can benefit and learn .. and offer support ... Jos, it might be good for you to consider starting a journal ... in the My Journal/Bootcamp section. A lot of people find it really, really helpful ... keeps us focused, and you'll get great encouragement and suggestions from everybody. It's a real group-effort!!

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 05:59

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hi guys - well I'm kind of in the BROADER Ottawa area

Do you consider south of Smiths Falls to be "in the area"? It's kind of 'no-man's land' LOL.

Anyway I'm 1/2 way between Smiths Falls and Kingston along the Rideau. I live in the country and can only see my neighbours when the leaves are gone from the trees.

This is the first board I've found that has so many Canadians! I'm really thinking this is very cool.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 06:26

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by LC Sponge
Do you consider south of Smiths Falls to be "in the area"? It's kind of 'no-man's land' LOL.

This is the first board I've found that has so many Canadians! I'm really thinking this is very cool.

It is very cool. This board was started by Canadians, and I agree, it's nice to have our canuck bent on things

Where about are you re township? I just got back from spending the day down in Prescott. It's a trip we make every few weeks, and it certainly is beautiful. I also head down to Greenbush regularly to vist my aunt and uncle.

Great to meet another valley person!
Nat
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 09:39

Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Default Canucks

Hi Nat and LC Sponge. Although not in Ottawa, I love that area. My daughter went to Carleton for one year and we have been down to see the Senators play several times. Wonderful city and area.

Hope all the Canucks have a great lowcarb Thanksgiving and that we all enjoy and are thankful for our wonderful country. God bless Canada and the U.S.

Take care all.
Lara
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 09:56
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

Quote:

As a bit of history, lowcarb.ca was started in Vancouver. I too love all the Canadians here and wish there were more.

Karen
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 10:10
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi everybody

Spongey - I'm near Kingston ... and lazy drives up into the valley, along the Rideau Canal system and lakes are a fave pasttime of mine. My sister lives in Smiths Falls.

Yes, quite a few members from Canada ... BC, esp. the southwest, and southern Ontario are well-represented ... but only a spattering of members from other regions. Ah well, we're growing daily

Doreen
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 12:13

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Well it sure is a small world. I am so used to chatting with mostly US folks on LC that this is a real eye-opener. Most canucks I've *run* into before are either from the TO region or BC.

Doreen - I work in Kingston, and it's about a 40 min drive each way along highway15 - but a lovely drive especially this time of year with the leaves changing. Often for a change of pace we go to Smiths Falls for groceries as it's the same distance. Gananoque is also a good place to shop but only after the tourists leave.

Nat - I'm in Leeds Grenville County, Rideau Lakes Township. Never thought of myself as a valley person, but I guess I am of sorts. Where is Greenbush?

Karen - My dh will be delighted to learn about the *Vancouver* connection - he spent infancy to 16 yrs in Victoria, before joining the army. He still thinks BC has it all over Ontario for being on the cutting edge

I think this part of Ontario has it all - close enough for day trips to Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto - all the maple syrup we can't eat and some of the most beautiful scenery around. I just did the 10k hike at Charleston Lake - the leaves are gorgeous.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 12:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by LC Sponge
Nat - I'm in Leeds Grenville County, Rideau Lakes Township. Never thought of myself as a valley person, but I guess I am of sorts. Where is Greenbush?

If I'm not mistaken Greenbush is at the end of highway 15, or there abouts. County is Addison (?) or is that township? Very close to Brockville and just south of Merrickville.

N
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 15:06
Registered Member

Stats: 187/174/160
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'm about 4 months late on this thread but I wanted to say hi to the Ottawa crowd!!!!!!

I am actually in Aylmer, Quebec. A transplant from the states about 3 years ago.

Nice to "meet" you all.

Kati
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 15:50

BF:

Hi there Kati We will definitely keep you posted as to our next venture out!

How long have you been in Aylmer? Where were you from originally?

Nat
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 15:57
Registered Member

Stats: 187/174/160
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hello Nat!

I've been Aylmer since August of '99. Love it here. Such a nice atmosphere.

I am originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.