Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-24, 06:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Whew I slept in. What a DAY yesterday! First bone cold all-day rain, 36 degrees and POURING rain and fog all day. Then work was a nightmare. I had two reports due when my system crashed, and I ended up on the phone with IT for 2 hours rebooting my system.
In the end we had to punt it back to all default settings and then reload everything. I was exhausted by that time it was 5 pm. My boss was aware all this was going on. At 5 pm I get a ping from her asking if those reports were done...............

My coffee is so good this morning!

Well today is sons big move day! I will meet him when they are done to help him organize a bit. Get his kitchen cleaned up and workable.

Nic- Friday/Saturday/ leave Sunday? You will have fun in spite of yourself! LOLOLOL. Is this Baby shower weekend? OMG- I just thought about that! GIRL! ROLL in this moment!!!!! Take tons of pictures!
Decorations and fun! What are you serving to eat? Are the "kids" there yet? WHOOT.......... Ahhhwwwwww

Lori- Did you get this messy rain too? When do you get to go to the new doctor? Funny it is the guy you sold B house to. I imagine him as older and laid back.

What are you doing this weekend?

Trig- Are you done now with MIL- upfront tasks? Is your BIL back home and out of the way? Wow -
Happy kiddo home with you for a week!
Post up, update if you ever leave your kitchen! LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing huge here. Just helping the son with his move. IS is also going to replace the appliances. I might browse Market place and HD to see what they have.

Waiting for a dry warm up.

In wool socks again!
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-24, 07:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, old stuff, yea no one wants it anymore. Got idea, you got a local museum near ya, take pics of OLD stuff like antique sew machine etc and go in and show them, you could donate it if they want it??? other than that, truly, garbage!!! As much as we think it is worth something etc sometimes it is best sent to landfill heaven and off us.....and don't leave crap for your kids to handle HAHA

oh knee got xray and not bone on bone, ya know it is easier to fix than tendon issues for sure. I was tendon in ankle and believe me....friggin' years of being crippled up bad til that sucker finally recovered....ugh.....keep babying the hell out of it!

Jazz, darn on that work crap going down with your system. And your boss is an idiot LOL

glad your DS is getting help from ya, but he has work ahead setting up a new home, good you can throw in a hand. Bet he loves his new place, well after alot of more work is handled, but nothing like that first settled in, it is mine feeling, right?

Nicco, what is your moms situation now? is she in a facility at this point or ? I just can't remember where this all ended up for you guys right now.

Rock it, down some lbs, you got not alot ya wanna drop so you are doing great getting that to where ya want it to be.

-----------------I am gonna email some funeral pics to you guys, ya might not want them but I am LOL service was real nice from Veterans Admin but this was her preacher doing final service and he did a good job. went fast, done deal, all over on that part.

feels weird. NO parents left. I feel orphaned in a way but I also feel a strange total freedom that life is gonna allow me to be me as I want but at this age is also coming for me...damn if I ain't the next damn line up.....ok too much f'ing thinking here HA

cold icky rainy nasty
come on early spring, come on!!

Kiddo home a week. Spring break. Yes my grocery bill went high. Hubby wants to see Dune 2, can take kiddo, I HAVE no interest in that movie ever since he dragged me to the first one and omg SO long and boring as heck.....so I sacrificed kiddo to do movie day with hubby, ahhh, her coming home has some good points for me to exploit.

taking her either today or tomorrow to get Bolt's ashes from ER Vet. They are 24/7 so I can go whenever. Time to get him home now after other stuff.

simple day
doing 1 lb meatloaf
next is hit on a smoked boston butt we bought, eat up a ton of that. easy peasy

be good all, I am getting more aware but still in a brain dead zone cause me and hubby went at it a small way....small cause I backed off but he will get it later....in the car back from the funeral service.

he says he is gonna call some consignment place to see what they want to sell furn. from MIL's hoarder house and I AM LIKE WE need all gone to landfill with guys in haz-mat suits....I was saying ALL furn is rat infested or mold to some level and OMG ALL garbage literally......he is like hey we sold your mom's furn thru that consigment guy and I was like, YEA CAUSE IT WAS GREAT FURNITURE!! I think he is in some fantasy land about her home.....good heavens come on.....but I had to shut up, I mean how could I not but soon, hell yea it is all going down in big fashion cause I am not gonna dilly dally this total burn the house down clean up to get this to the market to sell.....or if he pushes me too much, I will walk off the whole thing and leave him to deal alone...will see how this goes down. But right now gonna be nice as I must of course but darn ya know. accept reality here....ugh

he is one step from becoming hoarder too in a small way, he doesn't like to part with stuff but of course I control that HAHA if it gets too much stuff disappears cause hell I am a friggin' minimalist type and we clash here but I get my way. I will never allow my home to clutter up, good thing he just accepts me in that form when I throw out a ton of his crap. lol----hey I gotta control it tight or ?

OK enough of that crazy going down.

be good all
  #213   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-24, 07:11

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

We have the rain today! I think most of it will stay to the south of us, but we have a misty, light rain all day. The poor golf course is still wet and this will not help. We're going to try to play tomorrow, but my friend called and told me that the whole course is not open....too wet. It's just what they call the "High 9". We'll just play that 2 or 3 times. At least it's something to do.

BIL got here and he and DH are out for breakfast. He'll stay until tomorrow.

I'm not planning on doing much today. I don't know what we'll do for dinner. Whatever. I made Swiss steak yesterday and it was so good. DH is not a big fan, but he ate it.

Gabby is outside and sitting on the windowsill staring at me, so I have to go get her. She's a real pain in the morning and evening.....in and out and feed me, feed me, feed me!

Happy Saturday!
  #214   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-24, 08:01

BF:

PS I wanted to share something I have been listening to. I put it up on my TV for background too! It's lovely!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...BXIWmRG-R38N71r
  #215   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-24, 08:33

BF:

Well, I did it! I went online this morning and booked myself on the Transatlantic cruise for next February. I'm so excited! I didn't tell DH that I booked it....there's time to clue him in! I've been telling him about it and saying how I want to do it. He won't care...he doesn't ask me if he can go on hunting or fishing trips...he just says he needs me to send the $$$.

Now all I have to do is plan my flight to London and then my flight home from Miami.....easy! It's too early to book flights, so I'll figure all that out later.

Wheeeee!
  #216   ^
Old Yesterday, 08:40

BF:

Lori, HOLY COW ON THAT TRIP!!!! WOWZA
so so cool, omgosh I can't wait for you to do this adventure and take us along with ya

GABBY RULES YOUR WORLD, love it,

hey Nicco and Jazz

-----------faster type post, doing kiddos laundry and all that, she is in THE HOUSE and that feeling is KNOWN....haha

so she hits me up:

since kiddo came home from Uni on spring break, she hit me up with a major change again. dump all biology, go full on chemistry. Dumping all education courses for being Chemistry Professor and going straight into full on chemistry scientist with 'she is gonna cure cancer'. Seriously tho my kid is very smart in chemistry to a level that makes me just jaw drop. OMG she brought home first yr. chem. book as in class 101 and I tell ya I couldn't even get past the first page! She said she now doesn't wanna teach Chemistry, she wants to live it and change the world.....ok baby chemistry scientist, you rock it out.

I told her I support any way she wants to roll on her brillance but I expect a cut of her future pay and she said keep being nice to me ya might get some, if you crap on me I ain't giving you a penny! yea blackmailing kid here right! HA Not bragging my kiddo, but honestly, yes I am braggin' on my kiddo So she said that isn't masters, but a doctorate and heck guys, what is the difference I don't know LOL but she said it is now 5 yrs of college vs. 6 for masters? who knows, I told her to go get what she needs to be happy

country pork ribs
second meal eat up on that smoked boston butt pork before I have to freeze it up for hubby's future sandwhich me
kiddo and the Chop might do movie today, Dune 2. No way in hell I am going. Told Chop to take her to Academy sports for new sneakers she wants and told his azz to buy a new friggin' grill and get on that, yea remember I told him like, hmm, 2 mos ago or so? ugh. wanna make London Broil on grill for a meal and he of course is dragging but of course with issues as it fell into our lives stuff got blurred but now, get me the damn grill LOL
yea me mean....oh well.

kiddo and me going to hit ER vet and get Bolt. ahhhh so sad.

be good all
  #217   ^
Old Yesterday, 09:19

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaw dropping news Lori/ Trig! - wowsa you two!

Lori- I am in awe you pulled the "trigger" and booked a trip! I think that is FABLOUS! I know you are going to LOVE every minute of that! You so deserve it after years of being a caregiver! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!- Just wow!
I too have thought about solo traveling. I just haven't pushed that button just yet!
The reality of flying over the ocean is terrifying. IF I could blink my eyes and "be there" I'm in. It's the getting there! LOLOLOL

Trig- I am ROLLING and thrilled over kiddo dreaming and planning big. You know for her in a science realm- the world really will be her oyster! She will GO FAR! She will be able to work anywhere. Every huge corporation hires and uses scientists. A pharmaceutical company will scoop her up!

What you need to do now is TEACH HER ABOUT MONEY! If I could go back in time I wish I knew how to save and invest! The kiddo will get out of school and land a top $$. She would benefit to start right away know how to save for her future! I'm sure you know this. Just being a "momma" bear for her too! We ladies need to support our young women! AWESOME

LOLOL- Do you REALLY think the Chop is coming home with a grill. One word for you- AMAZON. LOLOLOL

I bet your eating good with kiddo home! YUM!

Nic- I am wondering how the big day is going for you and family! I can't wait for all details.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing huge happening here. Son got into his house! My DD also came over to help him with boxes ect. Very cool!

I went to the store yesterday and shopped up for the week. I too picked up a London broil! I have not a clue to cook that one. It was such a good price!

I am doing very well on my carnivore lifestyle. It just feels right for me right now. I can't speak to tomorrow. But today it is a good fit.

I have some work to clean up a bit (urghhhhhhh)- working on a Sunday.

I am just humming along. Taking everyday as it comes, but still thinking about my future.
I'm not ready to sit in a rocking chair on the front porch. Maybe a beach chair on the sand! LOLOLOLOL

Keep On Keeping on.
  #218   ^
Old Yesterday, 15:44

BF:

Good Afternoon!

The day got away from me! I slept in a bit.....BIL was here overnight and I heard him up twice in the early morning hours. He & DH went out for breakfast and then he headed for home.

I did my PT exercises and then headed out for a walk around 11. My knee is not a bit happy about it. Sigh.......I've just been sitting around all afternoon since getting back from my walk. We decided not to play golf today after all the rain yesterday. We're going to try to play a little bit tomorrow. I have a dentist appt. in the morning, so we won't start until 11:30 or so. It's supposed to be warm again. More rain coming Tuesday and beyond.

I'm just going to warm something up for DH for dinner. I don't have anything planned for this week. I really need to sit down and figure out what I'm going to do as far as meals. I get so tired of thinking about it.

Well, the kitchen is calling me. I can't wait until DSis and I leave for our cruise in 3 weeks. I'll be looking at a menu every night instead of trying to plan what to cook!

See you tomorrow!
  #219   ^
Old Today, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh this cat.....4AM wake up call. Golf is canceled for today, so all I have on my schedule is a dental appt. What fun! I also have to figure out what we're eating this week. Too much last minute grabbing this and that is not doing my weight any favors. I'm going to buy a bunch of lean protein and some veggies as I have a hankering for some stir fry type meals. I'll just add rice or potato for DH and it'll be a quick dinner.

I'm going to go out for a walk again today. This knee is not going to keep me from enjoying this unusually warm weather. 60's? Yes please! We have rain coming off and on later this week, so have to take advantage of today.

--------

Nic.....How did the shower & everything else go this weekend? I just know you had an awesome time. Heading back to DE now, right?

Jaz.....It is so great that you and your kids are living so close to each other. I bet your son & daughter had a good time getting his new house "put together". How is Ruger doing?

Trig.....Your DD is going to go far! I love that she has such a clear picture of the direction in which she wants to go. What does she have you cooking today?

-------

Well, I'm going to enjoy my coffee and work on my grocery list. My meat market is not open on Mondays, so I'll have to go there tomorrow and stock up. I also have to take inventory of my freezer and use some things from there. I soon have to buy another whole beef tenderloin and cut it into steaks to put in the freezer.

Happy Monday!
  #220   ^
Old Today, 07:11

BF:

Save my spot.
Today is Monday and I am hitting the ground running. I need to meet a client at 10:00 and I have an hour drive to get there.

Need another cup of coffee, put on "a face", pair of scrubs and I'm on the road.

Back in a bit..............
  #221   ^
Old Today, 10:03

BF:

Lori, too funny on cooking, she just appears in front of me and demands fancy azz meals fast, and I produce HAHA made chili for her so she ate a good bit of that. made french toast, sausage links for brunch so she wasn't that hungry for din din so chili worked well. She actually ran to the grocery last night to buy her organic, fancy azz drinks she likes, Jazz knows, those high priced suckers.......before hitting the road she says Dad ya want anything, and he says donuts, COME ON HERE, we just talked about this sugar issue, ugh.......and then she turns to me and says, Dad wants donuts, so you gotta give me your credit card, lol.....yea I paid for all that organic fancy crap.....omg....

buy me a tenderloin too and I so get having to take fridge stock and freezer stock. it can literally get away from us Stir fry...yum, never a bad meal.

Jazz carnivore is suiting you very well, you are seeing it more clear as you find it....very cool. so get ya, you and me, darn if we ain't that type LOL

you are meeting a client? I thought you had hosp job? huh? why are you out and about? did I miss something on this job of yours LOL

Nicco, I bet stuff is going well for you, but ya seem busy a bit too....know 'dat!

-----------SO THANKS TONS you guys for your emails back to me. I appreciate the support and kind words and your thoughts. Sorry on pics, lol, in that this stuff means nothing to me in the way of seeing things out there in the world, but then I thought, maybe you 3 didn't wanna see those pics??? yea it is me, I just go thru daily life as is and accept it more now but hope that was an ok post to you with the attachments

anyway

SO KIDDO comes out.....wants to go to Atlanta June 20 for soccer game. Argentia vs. TBD. Messey, Alverez, Fernadez and other players on that Arg. National league team so she is OVER the moon to see them play. They are usually Manchester City team etc when in other leagues....she got all their jerseys LOL and she wants to go alone. Hell no......then after I say I will spot jer and pay for a friend to go, cause I ain't going LOL and her daddy said he has no interest, I figure throw money at the situation and pay for friend and hotel.......but then she says, get this, tickets are $350 each. OK SO 700 for 2 soccer tickets and like 150 for LaQuinta hotel near stadium and of course she will hit me up for more money and I am thinking, damn near a grand for a 'f'ing soccer game' overnight........but I AM not letting her go alone....no way so it is SO well worth it. Sam from SC is going. Her friend from high school, her family moved to their original home state of SC near Spartanburg and she goes to state college down there, kiddo to pick up Sam and go to game. OK I don't care what it costs for my kiddo to have back up support and kicker is she knows it HAHA ugh. But I also told her that I over-banked a ton for her Uni and expenses cause I also know in these yrs I am gonna have to throw her $$$ for crap like this. SO I was shakin' a bit on this cost LOL but in the end I am cool with it cause I planned for all this.

but omg, right, this kiddo is takin' me down ugh

but again, not a darn thing I won't do for her and again, rammed home about being on a budget and more but she knows she got me hook line and sinker thru it all.....eccchhhh..whatever

eat up bbq smoked pork butt I bought
second meal probably steak

hubby kid doing that Dune movie and going to buy her new sneakers up in Hickory too and also hit eating out. I dont gotta eat out....weee....let them bond up and have fun.

we got Bolts ashes. little box is SO cute, paw print in clay and made into ornament to hang and a bunch of papers on 'surviving the loss of a pet' lol and kiddo did fine. we chatted on the Boltster and we are all good on it all.....poor little Bolt but he lived so darn good

ok be good all, enough ranting about stuff here now
  #222   ^
Old Today, 18:30

BF:

Trig- I hear ya on Bolt love ya. xoxoxo

i will be back in am work kicked my arse

Last edited by Jaz66 : Today at 21:01.