Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Which nutritional lifestyle for which symptoms?
Protein Power 0 0%
The Zone 0 0%
South Beach 1 8.33%
Atkins 4 33.33%
Paleolithic and Neanderthin 0 0%
Schwarzbein Principle 3 25.00%
Other or Variation: Which one? 4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 03:21
Grrl

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool A Poll: What Plan for Which Syndrome(s)?

Hi all, yup, it's a poll.

I am back to experimenting with different allergen restrictions and avoiding refined everything, etc due to new flares of FMS/MS and RA...I'm interested in which diet you have found most beneficial and for which symptoms? I hope this isn't too general a post- someone, feel free to point me in the right direction of a similar thread, etc...I am still interested to know what you've decided works best and why though. I was doing Atkins before, but now I'm overwhelmed with all the redefined/renamed low-carb versions. I am not very familar with all of them although I've recently read again that The Zone is ideal for people like us - then again, we are all different. Aack, it's 5:30 am! It's a poll. Thanks for participating in it ... hopefully it'll get me a little more unlost.

To your health.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 03:28
Grrl

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default I'm not new, I'm just back.

I just realized that my poll is marked as my first post here...I was here a year ago and since, but for some reason it's acting new. Perhaps I haven't posted here recently enough....anyway, sorry for the unintentional bad etiquette, and Hi!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 12:56

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

I'm not sure how to fit the symptom in the vote. You might need to rework the poll, I don't know. It's a good idea. It would be interesting to know what's helped others with specific symptoms.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 07:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.5/157.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I don't get the way this poll is set up.

Here is what I have tried:

Atkins
South Beach
Semi-Low carb

I find that Atkins is best for my FM. South Beach didn't take away the aching as much as Atkins does. Being in Ketosis makes me feel better. Don't know if there is anything to it but Just know it makes me feel better.