Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Does anyone buy Atkins Food on the net?

I am looking to buy some products off the net and was wondering what sites people use (for the cheapest price of course). But I was also wondering if the service was good, and what they thought of their products. I'm mainly looing for bars, shakes, and maybe other goodies
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 14:10

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I used to, I had ordered from a link off of this site and everytime they sent me my stuff it was busted opened. The syrup leaked all over the cereals and both times the bake mix was opened and spilled all over.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 14:30

Stats: 205/120/120 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Your better off not buying them. Just because "Atkins Nutritionals" makes them, doesn't mean they are any more healthy for ya. Stay away from products and you'll have better weight loss, and better control over your eating habits. JMHO
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 14:39

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather126
Stay away from products and you'll have better weight loss, and better control over your eating habits. JMHO

I was more or less thinking the same thing. Since in another post you were asking if it's possible to lose 20 pounds in a month, I'd really suggest that you stay away from low carb sweets and treats (made by Atkins nutritionals or otherwise) or be willing to settle for potentially much slower weight loss.
From what I've read, it seems to be the rare person who can eat a lot of that stuff and lose at anything but a snail's pace.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 14:41
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

I've ordered from the Netrition site several times and have never had a problem. Fast service, too.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 14:53

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I order from www.lowcarbfooddepot.com , it's Canadian too, which makes a big difference. If you spend more than $100 you get free shipping, and living in Yellowknife, NT, that's a huge savings!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 15:35

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I've also ordered from Netrition with good results. I've not ordered from anyone else since I don't really do much in the way of online shopping.

Incidentally, if I WERE going to order anything at this point, it would be Z-Carb bars. Can't find them in my local stores any longer....
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 17:07

Stats: 300/197/195 Female 62
BF:Long term goal-125
Progress: 98%

I would watch buying anything off of Ebay. I have noticed that most of the sellers sale out of date products. Some of them over a year. I did a search on them one time and that is what I found. I can't believe they allow them to sale them that way. And they do allow it because I reported it and they did nothing.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 17:14

Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather126
Stay away from products and you'll have better weight loss, and better control over your eating habits.

That's my experience as well. I started to eat Ruessell Stover candies (in the little red packages, 2 to 1 package) and at first it was one pack every other day but b4 I knew I was eating 1 pack 3 times a day (after every meal). So I decided I better stop and I've been "clean" 1 week and it's actually much easier than I thought. If I want dessert or a treat I have to make it myself from whole foods = I know what's in it!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 20:23

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
at first it was one pack every other day but b4 I knew I was eating 1 pack 3 times a day

Holy methane, Batman! If I ate that much maltitol in one day, I'd explode like a supervolcano!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 21:29

Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I've not yet had a problem with any Internet ordering. I appreciate the convenience.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 21:35

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
I've ordered from the Netrition site several times and have never had a problem. Fast service, too.

I've ordered from netrician.com several times as well....I love the Flax n Snacks cereal.

Never had a problem, always get my product within 3 business days.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 21:56

Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I have ordered many times from:

deepdiscountnutrition.com

ALWAYS fast shipment and prompt responses to my telephone calls
I've been very happy with their products
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-05, 11:15

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

netrition.com.... They are very good. I get stuff from them in 5 buisness days (ground). They are in New York and I am in Oregon. They have great coustomer service too! Last winter I ordered some davinci syrups that froze and burst in shipment. UPS sent it back to them and then I promptly recieved a call from netrition. They wanted to let me know that another product I had ordered was no longer in stock and it will be a few weeks befor they get another shipment. I told them to just take the boxes off the stuff that got soaked with davinci's and go ahead and send it back to me. I don't care about the boxes. They credited my account for they syrups and were very pleasent to deal with and I recieved my shipment in another 5 buisness days.

Recently I ordered a bunch of stuff and it ended up weighing 36 some odd lbs. I paid the regular $4.95 for shipping and recieved it on time. (I have ordered form them 10 or so times and they always are on time). $4.95 for a 36 lb package from New york to Oregon in 5 days! WOW. I sit here in my freebee netrition tank top as I write this.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-05, 11:18
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Another vote for netrition.com

I get all of my Davinci syrups and SF chocolate from them.