Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-10, 08:45
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

This would be a wonderful breakfast for those holiday house guests. It was every bit as good as any traditional coffee cake I've ever made. My husband just LOVED this! Pic is here:

http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/0...am-cheese-cake/

I played around with a recipe from the internet and came up with a fantastic result! Very pretty when sliced! It’s very filling with my addition of flax to this recipe. This will be something I only make on special occasions and when I have company, obviously, as it is fairly carb pricey. This is NOT Induction friendly however.

RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE

TOTAL INGREDIENTS:

2½ c. almond flour/meal
½ c. hazelnut flour/meal (or all almond flour if none available)
2 T. flax meal
1½ c. granular Splenda
3 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
¼ c. butter, unsalted, slightly softened for streusel topping
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 T. salad oil
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. fresh raspberries (or frozen)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350º and grease 8″ square or deep round cake pan (this cake rises up nicely)

In a medium mixing bowl, add 2 cups of the almond meal, 1 T. of the flax meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 3/4 c. sweetener and mix well. Add sour cream, oil, extract and 2 of the eggs. Beat by hand until well blended. Spread evenly into greased cake pan and set aside.

Now soften cream cheese and add the 3rd egg. Beat until smooth with spoon. Add 1/4 c. sweetener. Carefully pour this evenly over the cake batter. Try not to disturb cake batter too much as you try to get this evenly over the cake. Next evenly place the raspberries on top ot the cream cheese layer.

Make the streusel by mixing ½ c. almond meal, ½ c. hazelnut meal and 1 T. flax meal, the cinnamon, ½ c. sweetener and the 4 T. butter. A fork is easiest to do this with. Try to break up the butter in the crumbly mixture as best you can. You can add a few chopped nuts as well to this streusel (pictured but NOT included in nutritional info below). With hands, sprinkle all the topping on top of the cake (looks like a lot but use it all, trust me). Bake for 40 minutes or until done in center (155º if you have a cooking thermometer). Cut into 16 servings.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 16 servings, each containing:

217 calories
19.54 g fat
12.56 g carbs
3.13 g fiber
9.43 g NET CARBS
5.73 g protein
92.81 mg sodium
Sponsored Links