Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 18:43
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
PotatoFree, that may be why they have certain dairy products in their list of okay foods--that they contain sat fats isn't the problem, according to them, as much as the AA those foods contain--if you are sensitive to the AA in sat fat foods.

I could live with that if they hadn't specifically placed them on the protein food list, and hadn't already said you have to choose lowFAT protein when making your selection. Some things just don't add up.

I'm not saying they don't have some useful information in there, and I'm okay with the more current books contradicting what they said in past volumes...I can grasp that, but when they contradict THEMSELVES in the same book, I get kind of leery.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 09:56

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Nobody is perfect and no book is completely correct. The fact is though many people lose on CAD or CALP and these people have helped many people, as a result. Do what makes sense to you and what works for your body. I personally am not afraid of the saturated fat, however, everything in moderation is a good idea. If one is eating a lot of sugar or white flour products by having them at the RM, then I would say restricting saturated fats is important. Together they produce "sludge" in the veins!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 13:35

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

In the Rosedale Diet book, the author says that excess protein can be metabolized into glucose. Normally, saturated fats can go along with proteins, so maybe that's the connection.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 06:36

Plan: Raw Foodhist & Daoist
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

After reading about AA, I switched to eating grass fed beef and milk products which has very low AA and high omega 3's. If I am not eating soy, corn and grains then neither should my beef because of things like AA.

(I think I read that) the AA is 5 times the normal dose in regular beef products and omegas 3s are almost negliable.