Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 18:57

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 156.9/149.3/125 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default If it ain't broke...

Hey Willbethin, thanks for the congrats! I was down another 3/10 of a pound this morning...might not seem like much, but if you check out my journal and saw what I did at my RM last night , you'd see that it was quite an accomplishment to still lose! Are you back on CAD right now? How's it going? My reward meal was MUCH better tonight (salad, carb, protein, and 1 mini chocolate). I don't really feel like eating anything else...my insulin levels must definitely be closer to normal at this point. I craved NO CARBS today!!
Have a great day tomorrow!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 20:32

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I know at first I wanted to binge on the rm after following atkins. Now that I know I can have it and I have...the need for more and more is going away..the urgency is leaving. I now eat slower and in a more relaxed fashion...the only time I have had rouble was when I was at work and had left my lunch behind...then I had to decide whether or not to eat a yucky rm lunch or none at all. Planning is really the key.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 07:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi, i have been struggling really giving it a try for the last 2 weeks, on and off, but even through all that ,my carb cravings and eating in general is getting less and less. my reward meals arent balanced, in my mind then it feels like diet, 1/3 1/3 1/3 you know?? but the foods i choose to eat at my reward meal, i eat much less then i ever did. even at the cm meals i only eat a little bit, i am just simply not hungry. now i am not perfect but and on the days where i go off this plan i think i am just testing myself to see if the plan is working. when i go off plan, i feel sluggish and overstuffed even when i dont eat that much, i guess my body is getting used to having protiens for two meals and then one reward meal that is not balanced but very satisfying. now i really dont know how it is working for weight loss yet, because i have days where i cheated, but from now on, i am sticking strictly to it, so i can start seeing the results that i am feeling. boy did i ramble?? and i dont even know if i helped. sorry. all i know is i am noticing changes in my appetite and more importantly i feel in control.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 18:06

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 156.9/149.3/125 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Willbethin, I know what you mean about the cravings.
I don't crave carbs during the day anymore(and that is one BIG milestone!), and I really don't binge during my RM anymore either. When I first started CAD, remember I told you about the way I ate? Like I had to make up for all the carbs I hadn't eaten all day. But I felt sick afterwards. Now I eat slowly (within my 60 minutes) and I don't really stick the 1/3,1/3,1/3 either, but it's working for me. Today is 1 straight week on CAD and 3.7 pounds gone!!! I'm excited.
I know you can do it if you just stick to it-the plan sort of weans the cravings out of you on its own. Then you don't have the urge to binge during the RM, or even feel hungry..at least that's just me. Anyway, good luck! I'm pulling for ya!
Nikki
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 14:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

thanks, i am so glad you are doing good. i went off plan a little today, but no binges, i just dont seem to want to eat right now. it may be allergies, i am taking clariton d the 24 hr pill.