Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 00:21

Plan: CKD
Stats: 282/220/240 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 148%
Default Is CKD for me? Just started 16%bf..Was on Atkins.

So far in one month roughly i tried the Atkins diet...This week started the CKD because i started heavy weightlifting 1-1-04...Thought CKD was better for bodybuilding..

Both diets seem the same during the week..CKD has the carb-up on weekends...Also read that CKD isnt a way of life diet just a cycle diet?

Why cant CKD be a way of life diet...Atkins is?

thx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 15:58
Southern Gentleman

Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

MOSTLY just 'cause most people really can't build much muscle on it. It is used mostly to lose body fat ("cut"), while maintaining lean body mass. If ya' wanna build some more muscle, it is not a very affective diet for that.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 16:54

BF:

Yea i would like to cut up the body fat (gut) and keep my lean mass...

thx chip.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 20:56
Southern Gentleman

No prob! And all I meant was that if you are happy with the amount of muscle you have and just want to maintain it, you may very well use CKD as a way of life (after achieving your fat loss goals), but it IS a diet for active people (usually weightlifting) and these kinda' folks usually get to a place where maintaining lean body mass is not enough; they wanna get bigger!

Last edited by Chipperoo : Fri, Feb-06-04 at 21:08.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 23:29

BF:

True dat...All i want right now is to drop my gut fat...rest of body is fine...I have a good frame for lifting..Whole family of uncles/father were bodybuilders...

Stalls on this CKD for me are the eating often & high cal counts...

Non work & work schedule are a quandry also..I work a 7pm-7am 4 days on / 4 days off work schedule...
4 days im off from work this diet/tranning is a piece of protein shake (cant have cake) =)
4 days on work schedule i get up at 2:30pm...lift at 3pm till 4:30 or so...pw shake....then dinner 5:30/6...then off to work...now at work is kind of frantic/busy...so eating is tuff every 3 hours or so to fit in my meals...start of the week with 3200 TOTAL cals it is easy..friday with 4300...wow i dont feel like eating all that...If i were home i bet can but at work i cant...IDEAS?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 08:47
Southern Gentleman

Hmmm, that's a tough one, I guess. Not really that hard if you're doing the carb-up during these heavy work hours, though. You can pack the foods you need in a little sack. Protein shakes with added dextrose for the carbs are easy to make ( I put whatever dry mix in seperate bottle and mix into koolade or green tea right before I drink at gym). Zip lock bags of cereal, crackers, bagel, whatever, stuff like that.
I guess tougher if you're doing you ketogenic days on heavy work days!