Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 11:39
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Info About Meat And Eggs?

I've Been On Atkins Or Low Carb For Closely 8 Months Now And My Weight Goes Up And Down.. From 1- 2 Lbs But Not Higher Than That. I Dont Know What Im Doing Wrong. Its Either Im Eating A Lot Or Not Eating That Much Or Probably Not Too Much Carbs? Or Stalled In A Way? But I Never Cheated As Far As Im Concerned.

I've Read A Lot Of Posts Here That Meat And Eggs Can Break The Stall And Make U Lose Weight.

Do You Guys Have Any Info About This And How To Do It?
How Long To Do It? Can I Eat Other Stuff Besides Egg And Meat?
ANY HELP is really appreciated
Thanks A Lot!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 12:47

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

How many calories are you eating a day?
Also, can you post a typical days meal plan?

Jag
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:42
Registered Member

BF:

thanks jag.. Honestly im not even sure how many calories i take everyday.. i hate using fitday. I dont have time to use it plus its pretty complicated.. the foods that i normally eat isn't there or the amount of it.

Anyways, here's what i ate yesterday...

2 beef patties - with mayonnaise
3 chicken thighs from KFC no breading
fiesta scrambbled eggs combo.. includes 2 eggs with chopped meat and tomatoes, 3-4 sausage links...

5 liters of water

today.. so far i had 2 beef patties -mayonnaise
1chicken breast, thigh and leg - no breading

i know u going to say no vegetables.. im trying to do the meat and eggs. i dont know if its going to work for me.

thanks for ur help again..
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 16:38

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%
Default Meat and Egg fast

I started it yesterday. Lost 2 pounds. Mine is a little more meat than eggs. I had reached a wall and was becoming very restless. I felt like I was just spinning my wheels. I was debating on whether or not I should go to Taco Bell. I could taste the Supreme Chalupa . Instead, I started this "fast". I'm feeling a little run down and I'm going to do this until Friday. Needed some encouragement to keep going, and I got it. Good Luck.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 16:45
Registered Member

BF:

congrats zorra1.. Im planning to do it tomorrow but something bad happen to me today that made think over. Can i do it eating only 5 carbs a day?
im trying to limit myself to eating meat for now becuz i dont wanna have a heart attack..

At around 12 today, i wasn't feeling so good i felt like i was going to faint or going to have a stroke.. its scary..

Anyways, i went to the store and got myself multi vitamins then i bought a low carb slim fast chocolate bar. i just didn't care if i would stall or not.. i guess i was too scared at that time to think about the diet..

but now im feeling better and maybe back to it again but really careful

yes taco bell is good, i used to have chicken quesadilla.. mmm yummy, ha?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 18:10
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

If you felt that bad, it's telling you you need more than you're getting. Is it really worth feeling that sick to lose a few lbs? I don't mean to sound harsh, but it sounds like you're on your way to really running yourself down.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 21:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I'm wondering, since you've been at this a while (Atkins that is), have you noticed a difference in your body size? Shoot, I have a daughter who's your height, weighs 140 pounds currently, and if she loses more than another 10-15 pounds she'll look wraith-like. She isn't super-small boned, but she's not large, either.

I know FitDay is time-consuming but I've always found it worth the effort. If a food isn't listed I set it up as a custom food with nutrition info off the label. If I eat something like a sausage patty, I weigh the meat cooked and enter its weight. I measure most veggies and enter them by fractions of cup.