Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 19:04
Registered Member

Plan: SBD and Atkins mix
Stats: 183/128/130 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress:
Default Anyone doing Cathe?

I am a Cathe lover!!! I was just wondering if anyone else out there was doing her workouts.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 00:45

Plan: my own thing
Stats: 116/109/110 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 117%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree4987
I am a Cathe lover!!! I was just wondering if anyone else out there was doing her workouts.....

I am! I've been doing the full pyramids lately. I love these (but hate the stability ball portions becuase it seriously kicks my butt!) The only other Cathe workouts I have are the Gym Style. Which ones do I need? Enable me! Actually, I'm a cardio klutz so that's why I don't have her step workouts, but I've been thinking of getting KPC. Do you have it, and if so, what do you think of it?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 16:39
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I have KPC and I love it. I also love the new kickboxing workout of hers. I was a cardio klutz when it came to her workouts, but now I can do most of her workouts with no problems. I started off doing her workouts on fittv. Then I said, forget it. I now have a collection going on. Now her all step video's get me with her tricky dance moves, but most of them are ok. Low max is another great one to get. Bootcamp/muscle endurance, wonderful. You sould also give the high step workouts a try. I just got high step training and it is great. Imax 2 and Cardio and weights is also another good workout. Imax is intense, but the moves are not tricky at all!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 18:30

BF:

I've heard nothing but good things about all the ones you've mentioned. I was intimidated by her strength workouts until I tried them, but the cardio workouts still scare me. Thanks for the recommendations, but are you trying to kill me? Just reading the descriptions of HST tired me out. It looks challenging, maybe I should see if I can find it for a good price. Low Max looks fun! I must have this.
Oh, I just realized I also have Muscle Max and I preordered the next set. I hope they're good.

So are you going to do Cathe this week?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 09:32
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I do her just about every day. I try and take one day off, even then I do abs and a stretch. I'm just about to go get ready to workout right now. I've got about 70 minutes coming at me!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 12:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Alrighty. I just finished my workout. I did one off her termintor workout. An hour and 22 minutes later, boy am I tired!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

I would LOVE to try her step workouts because I LOVE step, but her moves look way to complex............

My luck, I would end up tripping and fall flat on my face !
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 18:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerchic
I would LOVE to try her step workouts because I LOVE step, but her moves look way to complex............

My luck, I would end up tripping and fall flat on my face !

I always say that I may end up breaking my ass. I almost fell doing a basic step move with The Firm a couple of days ago. Cathe? No thanks, not for now.

Today I did PUB. Those bicep curls KILL me! Tomorrow I'll be doing PLB. I'm so looking forward to the hamstring workout with the ball. Yes, I'm lying.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 08:20
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I you remember to get a workout that is not all step, cardio and weights, then it usually is not as bad and the moves become much more fun! Try her kickboxing, I love those workouts!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 18:42

BF:

I'm now in deal finding mode. I've been hanging out at my favorite place to swap/sell workouts and I've begun keeping a price log to see how little I can pay. I missed out on KPC/LG for $25! ugh, why don't I live online? lol

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 20:50
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I've gotten some great deals off of ebay. That is where I aquired most of my workouts!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-06, 13:19

I would like to add a new VHS tape to my step aerobic arsenal. Does Cathe have a step tape that is mostly BASIC choreography?

I have watched the shows on FitTV and it seem like her step routines are kinda complex. I also watch the Carribean Workout series with Shelly McDonald and the routines they have are very "do-able". I have even taped them !
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 07:01
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Yes, she has a basic step tape. It's called basic step and body fusion. She also has a new one called low impact step and total body sculpting. If you learn basic and body, it really is a good precurser to the rest of her workouts and then most of them don't seem as difficult.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 08:13

Thank you veddy much !!! I will look for it on the Collage Video website!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-06, 09:14

CRAP..........!!

I'm back to square one on this. Basic Step and Body Fusion is only on DVD and I don't have a DVD player !!