Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 04:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/158/126 Female 5"2'
BF:very
Progress: 30%
Smile 3 months in and feeling fantastic...

Hi everyone

I just felt like I had to post a big hello and thanks to everyone that posts such great help and support here.

I originally started Atkins last year and lost a fair bit of weight - being only 5'2'' I have the whole height thing to deal with and so the extra pounds (stones!!!!!) were really getting me down.

Unfortunately, I though I could control eating carbs after I had reached a level I felt more comfortable at (not my actual target weight) and of course the inevitable happened... Carbs once again ruled my life and all the weight I had succesfully lost came back.

May this year was time to start the whole process from the beginning again but this time armed with the knowledge that this is a woe for life not just for losing weight. I'm now 3 months in and feeling fantastic and even better know that this IS a way of eating that I can continue for ever.

I found this forum a couple of months ago and I have been visiting almost daily but only now plucked up the courage to post!!!!!!!
Without wanting to sound like some kind of stalker wiedo person - I feel like I have gotten to know you all I some way and have gained so much inspiration, advice and support.

It is fantastic to see the progress that people are making and how everyone shares their experiences and knowledge to help others.

Now I'm here I'm not going to be a stranger... I know it is a long hard road for everyone to reach their own goals but hopefully I can help give something back to other new members too and give the support I have received from you all.

Love to you all

Wyecat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 05:46

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Wyecat and welcome to this forum.

Great to see another Scottish member. I've just come from the introductions for newbies and welcomed another Scot!

So glad to hear of your progress so far and how you have been lurking and finding out all about us.

May your success continue. Look forward to seeing you around.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 06:14

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

Hi wyecat,

congratualtions on the weight loss so far - you ahve done so well. Espeically because they can say you only get one golden chance at this

But reading your post shows that anyoen can do it!

Look forward to seeing you around

Sarah
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 07:46

Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Hi Wyecat

Congratulations on all that weight loss... and for having the courage to try again!

To manage a low-carb diet in Scotland is nothing short of a minor miracle! You must be very proud of yourself at having come back to - and stuck with - it in the face of all that temptation.

Meanwhile... a belated welcome to the forum!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 09:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 201/154/140 Female 5ft4inches
BF:yes it is
Progress: 77%

Hi Wyecat,
Welcome, I'm glad you got the courage to post although it's bad news to you as this place is totally addictive, if you were here alot when you weren't even posting you'll be here even more now.
What part of Scotland are you from? My mum is from Edinburgh but has lived in Lancashire for years. Well good luck and hope to see you around, Hev.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 11:43

Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

WELCOME WYECAT

Nice to have you on BOARD
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 12:13

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

hi wyecat,
welcome to the forum. hope you,ll be very happy here.hevs right, this place is addictive.

christine
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 14:06
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Hi wyecat firstly well done on the weight loss BLIMIN WELL DONE!! you must be so happy!! glad you have joined the forum, there is so much support here, there has been a few times I hane wanted to pack it all in, but messages posted by other members have kept me going!!
So good luck and keep up the good work!!