Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 08:13

Plan: none yet
Stats: 210/210/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question Very quick breakfast ideas?

Hi an Irish newbie here!

am looking for ideas for very quick breakfasts. We really dont have the time to cook eggs etc. My husband is also diabetic and I think he would benefit greatly from low carbing too.

could I get away with yougurt and nuts? I am really looking for suggestions as I am determined to start but really dont know how.

Helen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 09:55
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Helen!

You're right about low-carbing for diabetics. Many keep their diabetes in check through low-carbing, without the use of drugs. If you need some help in choosing a plan, there's Which low-carb plan is right for me? to the right of the page.

It's always best to have a breakfast that includes a good protein source. Although you don't have to eat eggs, many egg dishes can be frozen and just heated in the microwave for convenience. Many people eat leftovers for breakfast. If you low-carb, there's nothing that says you have to eat eggs or bacon.

Here's a few breakfast threads.

What do you do for a FAST and EASY breakfast?

Breakfast Ideas

I don't eat eggs!! What's for breakfast??

Something other than EGGS for breakfast?

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 23:21
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 135/125/125 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Here's what I do

Depending on what plan you're on; you might be able to do this:

My plan allowed a serving of wholewheat bread as long as I had it with protein, fat & fiber, even in the induction phase. Sometimes I substitue Swedish wholewheat flatbread (like corregated cardboard, but strangely tasty & full of fiber), or some high fiber crackers.

Slather on no-sugar-added peanut butter, cream cheese (especially the flavoured kind), or hummus.

My on the fly breakfasts consist of the above & a stick of celery, a handful of broccolli crowns or raw carrots & a tart green apple or a small amount of other fruit.

If you can't have bread, you could just dip raw veggies into hummus or cream cheese.

Another trick is to boil eggs the night before, so you can eat them on your way out the door for breakfast.

I must admit most of my breakfasts consist of last night's dinner left overs.

Good luck!