Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-15, 13:31

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default I'm calling it pre-maintenance now

Hello, helpful friends. I came over to this section of the forum because I want to continue my active acquaintance with those of you who have actually achieved maintenance. I'm within 12-15lb of goal, and expect to continue dropping very slowly. Those 2-3 month plateaus are annoying, but the direction is right.

I've found that I can easily hit nutrient (and calorie) goals without counting. I weigh at least every other day. About once a week, I put my daily food into Fitday, just to make sure I'm not, um, fudging. I'm continuing my 3x/wk strength training workouts, and I walk as often as I feel like it. All that sounds like maintenance to me. So the hard part has already started: to keep doing it.

It was fun yesterday to put on a pair of summer shorts and they were not tight. Yay! The change of seasons is always "dread time" for roller-coaster weight watchers like me. I'll try to keep that in mind as the days and months of "boring" maintenance roll by.

Thanks for being good role models.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-09-15, 13:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/150/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Barbara you are doing an awesome job! I have no doubt that you will continue to be successful and reach your goal.

When you stop and think about it, you are maintaining.....maintaining what you have already lost! Celebrate your achievements and embrace how far you have come; don't wait until you've reached that magic number to acknowledge it as a "success"!

Maintenance begins with a frame of mind which shouldn't start once we have reached our goal weight. We need to put into practice those very strategies that will bring us success while we're losing the weight.

Keep Swimming!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-09-15, 14:15
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Huge Congrats on your successes so far, Barbara! Like Chris pointed out, you are already maintaining what you've already lost!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Hello, helpful friends. I came over to this section of the forum because I want to continue my active acquaintance with those of you who have actually achieved maintenance. I'm within 12-15lb of goal, and expect to continue dropping very slowly. Those 2-3 month plateaus are annoying, but the direction is right.
IMHO any losses is in the right direction!
Quote:
I've found that I can easily hit nutrient (and calorie) goals without counting. I weigh at least every other day. About once a week, I put my daily food into Fitday, just to make sure I'm not, um, fudging. I'm continuing my 3x/wk strength training workouts, and I walk as often as I feel like it. All that sounds like maintenance to me. So the hard part has already started: to keep doing it.
You're one of the luckier ones that doesn't have to continue to count everything...but that's the beautiful part of this incredible LC WOE and WOL, we work it so it fits our needs/wants! And it's working for you, so that perfect!!!

Remember since this is the "new improved totally 100% OP you" and you're going to do this incredible LC WOE for LIFE, let the stress of losing or not losing go and you will end up where you supposed to be, which is a much healthier and thinner you, however long that takes! It's all downhill (in a good way) from here!!
Quote:
It was fun yesterday to put on a pair of summer shorts and they were not tight. Yay! The change of seasons is always "dread time" for roller-coaster weight watchers like me. I'll try to keep that in mind as the days and months of "boring" maintenance roll by.
Judy NYC said something very insightful to me at the beginning of my maintenance journey:

Remember the “Gift” (losing the weight) and keeping the “Gift” (maintenance).

Wishing you continued success on your journey!

Onward, DOWNWARD & MAINTENANCE 4ever!

Jo

Hi! My name is Jo and I’m a recovering morbidly obese carb addict!