Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 10:35

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%
Default Having a realy hard time eating over 20gm carbs

It is time to go to maintance for me. It was time awile ago but I have a hard time getting my self over the induction amount. I have to try and tell my self that it is ok to move up the latter.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 11:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/99.0/102.0 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Yes, and I'll tell you, too: it's OK to move up the ladder!

I moved from 20 a day to 25 a day, and now close to 30 a day. I have not gained weight back doing this, and I am enjoying the fact that I can eat blueberries, the occasional piece of low carb toast, etc.!

How about trying it for two weeks and seeing what happens?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 11:39
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Well, I was stuck in wieght having lost and gained the same 10lb for like 6 or 7 months, so I have recently moved to SB. It is naturally higher in carbs and the weight is simply melting away. It is obviously wise of me to mention that it is lower in fat too, but I am still having fat, just not plentiful amounts like I was before.
However, I seriously do think you should move through the stages I think my problem on atkins was I was terrified of moving up the ladder, and therefore I slowed my metabolism right down in not doing so.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 12:09

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I quit counting altogether. I eat foods that are healthy low carb choices. I watch my portions. I never have "seconds". I don't fret over a little cheat. I eat three meals a day and snack only when I must.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 12:53

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

I second what black57 said. I snack a little bit more but have a similar philosophy for maintaining. Maintenence is a time to move on and live your life with your LC eating habbits. Do you want to micro manage forever or do you just want to live your life and be slim without dietary vigelance?

I think in your case, you lost a lot of weight quickly without testing the waters. Maybe you are not ready for maintenance. You know how to use the plan to loose weight but have not yet learned to live with the plan. This will come with more time and experience. My advise for you would be to follow out the phases of your plan. You have got to get comfortable with food again.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 14:34

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I feel your pain! I recently went back to Induction after being stalled for several weeks...I'm still at Induction levels today, but have added in nuts (yesterday), occasional yogurt...that's about it. Now, here comes TOM with its usual gain. So I don't know which way to go at this point. I reckon I'll stay where I am for right now and then move on up to 25g per day when my TOM wtgain is gone next week.

I'm about 8-9 lbs from goal...circumstances have always prevented my moving up the ladder. Hope I haven't waited too long now!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgluvs
Well, I was stuck in wieght having lost and gained the same 10lb for like 6 or 7 months, so I have recently moved to SB. It is naturally higher in carbs and the weight is simply melting away. It is obviously wise of me to mention that it is lower in fat too, but I am still having fat, just not plentiful amounts like I was before.
However, I seriously do think you should move through the stages I think my problem on atkins was I was terrified of moving up the ladder, and therefore I slowed my metabolism right down in not doing so.

Can staying in induction too long or down at that low of carbs to long realy hert your metabolism ?
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 18:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/174/155 Female 5'11"
BF:size 18/12-14/8
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Do you want to micro manage forever or do you just want to live your life and be slim without dietary vigelance?
I don't feel as tho I'm "micro managing" nor "white knuckling"( per another post) it.

Maintanance is indeed learned and some people need to learn that through the tools provided with the plan...not just thrown into maintanance with a "good luck" given for good measure.

I went through the ladder because that's the way the plan is written. With the help of the ladder I was able to learn how foods effect me and how to back down when I've went over my 5 lb buffer.

It's about learning to let this plan work for me and it is. I'm one of the least strict when it comes to maintanance, I do not count anything, I have my endulgences and make choices that work for me. But I do it, because I worked up to it and finally feel comfortable in it working.

Each of us need to go about maintaining in our own way and not be told that the way we're doing it is "dietary vigilance" or made to feel bad because we need to be taught how to maintain.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-28-05, 09:26

well I have gone off my plan for a few days and so far no weight gain. Last night I has some KFC chicken with out any weight gain today. I do not want to over do it though.