Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 267/248/195
BF:
Progress: 26%

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll definitely look into the suggestions you've made.

I've actually created a "low carb" document where I add foods and brands of foods that people recommend in this message forum. It's difficult to remember a post that you read a week ago, so this document will help me remember some of the "goodies" when I'm writing down my grocery list.

kdog - out
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 13:32

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

I have tons of the atkins sour dough (tastes like white bread ) bread, but it tastes horrible unless you toast it and put a lot of toppings on it.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 13:39

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I just bought a loaf of the Nature's Own Low Carb (5 grms per slice) bread for $1.88 at Wal-Mart, but I haven't had the guts to try it yet. When I do I'll post back my opinion.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 14:23
Registered Member

Stats: 267/248/195
BF:
Progress: 26%

freckles,

Great! You can be my guniea pig. Just kidding. I'll be on the look out for your opinion.

Thanks
kdog - out
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 16:34

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Smile

I like the natures own. Now that I haven't had bread in quite awhile I like this kind. Tastes best toasted with butter..but makes a good sandwich. Is soft texture.

I have checked several recipes and have found some lc bread machine recipes that I like. Just takes some time to mix up.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default How come no one told me that their is Adkins BREAD out there! 3 carbs! Delicious!

I had no idea that Adkins made bread (sliced loaf) for sale in supermarkets. I ran across it yesterday in the freezer section. It is SO good....expensive (4.50 +), but I was startled at how good it is. The slices are small; the size of those slices of nasty Wonder "low fat" bread----I KNOW ya'll have tried that stuff! BUT, it is quite heavy and moist. I made an egg salad sandwich. They sell "white" and "rye".

Anyone else tried it?
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:44

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I had a philly steak sandwich and cooked greens for dinner last night. It was yummy. My grocery store is carrying more Atkins products.

Black57
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:47

Stats: 217/203/150 Female 5'1"
BF:not/quite/sure
Progress: 21%

i bought a loaf of the white and stuck it in my freezer. i'm looking forward to trying it out and making french toast with it or having a tuna sandwich - yum! just can't stomach the french toast with pork rinds...
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:57
Registered Member

Stats: 190/170/150 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile well...

i bought a loaf of the white bread quite some time ago and i HATED it when i tried it as toast w/butter....however, recently i tried it again and liked it. I toast it and put tuna salad on it and it is really quite good. i just don't care for it plain, i have to "doctor" it a little. it's good to use when i'm in the mood for bread.

I'm looking forward to trying the bake mix and making some muffins, as i used to only have something light for breakfast like toast and hot tea.

i hope the supermarkets start carrying more atkins products soon! so far i've only found the shakes, advantage bars, and candy bars here. although the healthfood store nearby carries the bread and a few mixes.

***grins***

Tricia

Hug a Doula!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

Does anyone know where to buy it in Michigan (for me) or Florida (for my mom) . I have never seen it . Krogers has the Atkins bake mix,shakes,bars,and syrup. But no bread. Do they only sell it at the health food stores in Michigan? Please, I want some.... Thanks, Cindy
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 11:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/189/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default hi

several brands(atkins,keto,carb sense) make bread mixes to use in your bread machine too.
the atkins and another brand(cant remember) are kept in the freezer section with the healthier food. They are carried at safeway,top foods, fred myer ect.
linda
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 11:15

Stats: 290/246.5/230 Male 74 inches
BF:??/19/12
Progress: 73%
Default Ketogenics

Atkins used to sell the Katogenics before they had their own brand. Now I think Atkins has their own box with the Ketogenics stuff inside.

The Ketogenics Honey Wheat bread is the best. One slice out of the machine with a little softened butter makes a meal. I do only the mixes, but I have lost my taste for bread a while now, so I suppose when I have another bread attack that I can throw some in the machine.

Later,
wsgts
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 11:17

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

I actually think it's pretty damn gross.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 11:20

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally posted by cincin11
Does anyone know where to buy it in Michigan (for me) or Florida (for my mom) . I have never seen it . Krogers has the Atkins bake mix,shakes,bars,and syrup. But no bread. Do they only sell it at the health food stores in Michigan? Please, I want some.... Thanks, Cindy

The reason grocery stores begin to carry Atkins or any other product is people ask for it and it sells. Request the bread at the store and the will carry it,eventually.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 11:44

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%
Default Doesn't any lowcarb bread taste decent or at least inert???

Yuck! I bought La Tortilla Factory tortillas after reading posts here, and DANG! They have the taste and texture of cardboard!
I even fried one in butter and topped it with cheese, salsa and sour cream and I could still tell I was eating packing material!!! Are we sooo desperate for bread placements that we are willing to overlook this? I tried the 4 carb bread from Trader Joes, too, and that had the wonderful texture of a wet kitchen sponge. Into the garbage THAT went! I think I will stick with my Wasa crackers and occasional slice of California Complete Protein Bread at 8 grams a slice. No more experiments with FrankenBread!!!

If anyone has actually found ANYTHING that tastes decent? I am starting to believe that once in a while I will have to have a regular corn tortilla to make a tostada!!!