Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 12:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/160/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Default Help I am a semi veggie and want your help

I am a semi veggie I love veggies, beans (dry) etc, but unfortunately atkins prohibits dry bean i.e. kidney, chick peas, mung dal etc. I am so confused what can I do, also the oriental veggies are great but they have carb as well. I like chicken but can't eat that at every meal, and also eggs I am afraid of cholestrol. I am just a veggie person.....

Please help your fellow veggie friend with Atkins....

thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 12:21

Stats: 190/190/120 Female 5"1
BF:
Progress: 0%

Have you checked out the recipe forum on this site for ' veggies and sides' -- there are a bunch of great recipes there. You'll see how creative low-carbers get like making 'hash browns', cauliflower 'taters, etc....

Let me know if you find anything....
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 15:26

Plan: keto <50 net carbs
Stats: 183/163/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 47%

First of all, don't be scared about cholesterol, when you read through a lot of posts here, you'll notice that most people say their cholesterol has improved a lot since starting a LC WOE. I have eggs for breakfast almost every morning. When I don't, it's LC cereal and almond milk (maybe suitable for OWL).

My absolute fav. veggie dish is stir fry. Mushrooms, peppers, garlic, broccoli, spinach, etc... bbutter and soy sauce, yumm!

Also, for OWL, veggie pizza is great: Crisp a LC tortilla then add your fav. veggies on top, then cheese, and broil for a few minutes.

For induction (I assume that's what your doing now) I really like cream cheese, cucumbers, and avacado, I treat the cucumber rounds just like tiny pieces of toast. And for us vegetarians, because I've always been worried about protein, I went ahead and ate (sparingly) nuts and peanut butter on induction, but if you don't have will-power, and since you do eat chicken, that may not be necessary.

Induction is the hardest for us, especially if you don't want to eat eggs (but I usually eat 4-5 per day) but once you add in more carbs, you can do LC tortillas (think wraps and quesadillas), bread (think french toast and sandwiches), crackers, etc...
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 11:31

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for your help ....
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-06, 12:56

BF:
Progress:
Default Why did I gain whatever I lost during induction

I just cheated for one meal during induction and I gained all of it back. Does anyone know why or has it happened to anyone. Please respond.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 18:57

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newme22006
I just cheated for one meal during induction and I gained all of it back. Does anyone know why or has it happened to anyone. Please respond.

Newme, weight loss isn't an instant thing.
What you are probably seeing going up and down on the scale is water. Give it some time...say, as much time as you gave yourself to *gain* the weight.

Rome wasn't built (or lost) in a day.