Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-28-05, 18:19

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Armed and ready for the summer eating season!

How is everyone going to get through their summer parties and celebrations this year? What are your tricks for handling food issues when you can't be at home?

I have Karen's LC book and George Stella's book. I'm ready to tackle any church potluck, shower, graduation party, sorority meeting, dinner with friends that comes along!! I'm making Karen's yummy cheesecake for a potluck this Sunday with my students from the field school. I usually don't have to feed my husband for a couple of weekends in June since he gets invited to student high school graduation parties. But I'm ready to go...bring on summer!!!! Cheers!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-28-05, 18:37

Plan: CALP/Schwarzbien
Stats: 212.5/192/172.5 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 51%

It sounds like you are well prepared for any summer temptations.

My only problems in the summer are avoiding bread and beer. Other than that, when the weather is warm, I love to fill up on salads and fresh veggies and barbequed meats, mmmm. I am lucky that deserts do not turn my head to much during this time of year. It is the winter holiday season that gets me into trouble, as then I feel that I am a bear storing up for hibernation

Here's to summers bounty!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-29-05, 17:22
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Summer is the best time for eating. Everything is so fresh and tasty that very little cooking is required. We have a great farmer's market in Vancouver that's full of inspiring vegetables, meats, and cheese.

I can't wait till the organic, heirloom tomatoes get here. In the meantime, I'll just have to make do with our local strawberries.

Speaking of cheese, I met a couple in Nanaimo today who make cheese from grass fed cow's milk. They gave me a bunch of samples and the cheese is great.

Here's their site

http://naturalpastures.com/

Karen