Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 14:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/295/200
BF:
Progress: 5%
Lightbulb emergency ice cream

An intense craving for ice cream brought on by emotions and habit forced me to drive home at warp speed to avoid stopping and buying some. On the drive home, I concocted a substitute in my head, which turned out to be good. While not the real thing, somehow it stopped the craving.
Empty a tray of ice cubes into a blender that will crush ice. Add some cold strong decaf coffee( I keep some in the fridge all the time). Add heavy cream, sweetner, and diet chocolate soda. Tun on the blender and pulse until you can't wait anymore, or the texture pleases you. Freeze leftovers if any.
It took a major effort for me to avoid eating real ice cream. I am very proud of this, it's been a long time since I've said no to an impulse regarding food.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: sugar busters
Stats: 220/200/130
BF:
Progress: 22%
Thumbs up

Hi There

SOUNDS GREATTTTTTTT!!!!!
Thank you for passing this along!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 14:47
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 170/150/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Wink

You can also just freeze a tub of cool whip. For chocolate topping I use 1/4 unsweetened chocolate bar, splenda and a Tbsp of butter... heated in the microwave. Instant hot fudge!!

I also use the chocolate mix to cover nuts.

#4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 18:08

BF:

WHAT??? YOU CAN HAVE COOL WHIP? obviously I have overlooked the sugar free kind.....Thanks!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 21:06

Plan: Common Sense
Stats: 135/130/120
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default cool whip????

There's such a thing as unsweetened Cool Whip? Oh man am I gonna be at the store first thing in the a.m.! Not too sure if I can count on my local A&P to have diddly squat though. I ran down there at the speed of light to get pork rinds in preparation for a mexican 'nacho' type feast. I'm still depressed. They don't sell pork rinds. I may never forgive them. I'll forgive them if they have sugar free Cool Whip!

Cool cravings,
iwantmore
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 14:05
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 170/150/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 80%

okay... let me rephrase part of that. I used the regular Safeway brand Extra Creamy Whipped Topping. 2 carbs for 2 Tbsp.

Even in induction, I'd have 3-4 Tbsp (equivalent to a scoop of icecream) with the chocolate topping. It's never stalled me or knocked me out of ketosis.

And it's yummy!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 21:23

BF:

oh
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 12:33

Stats: 124/118/112
BF:22.7%/21.6%/20.5%
Progress: 50%
Talking Quick & Easy Ice Cream that tastes like a Frosty!

My husband and I are at the end of our Atkins Induction and he has not been very faithful. I have been trying to find low-carb desserts to control his cravings. Since I haven't been able to figure out how to make my great grandmother's homemade vanilla ice cream, low-carb yet, I found this one.

I just tried it last night and it really does taste like a Wendy's Frosty. My family loves it. Only problem is it makes just enough for those frozen cylinder type machines, but it's great!

1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Half and Half
2 Eggs
3/4 cup Splenda
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 TBSP Cocoa

You can find other variations here: http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/rrecipe011.html
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 13:47
Registered Member

Stats: 137/132/115
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Another ICE CREAM recipe

I have a recipe that you guys could try out if you are in the need for ice cream....
I make it all the time with non-dairy whip (made by Rich's) as I eat kosher and can't eat meat and milk products together... Thus-

1 carton heavy cream (Rich's whip)
5 eggs
3/4 c sugar substitute
1 tsp vanilla
flavoring (I use 1 T decaf coffee but can use chocolate or just put extra vanilla in).

Whip the Rich's until stiff. Add flavoring and whip some more. Separate eggs and beat whites until stiff. Add 1/2 c sugar substitute and beat a bit more. Mix yokes with rest of sugar substitute.
Fold all three concoctions together well. Freeze until solid.

I can tell you that the non-dairy whip (not Rich's) that I use here in Israel has 1.5 carbs for the entire carton so it is really low in carbs.

Good luck
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 16:40

Plan: SF, grain free, vegan
Stats: 230/208.2/199 Female 5'2"
BF:More than enough
Progress: 70%
Cool Shalom, teachkids...

I also keep kosher and have been going crazy reading all the recipes with "mixed ingredients". I am allergic to all cow milk products, and, being a chef, it has been my goal in life to convert every recipe I love to a kosher counterpart. I make pareve cheesecake using tofu! Everyone thinks it is cheese...but now, this program...it stimulates me to create more.
You should start your own journal...come visit mine - just click on journal at the bottom of my post and you will be there. You are the first person, besides, myself, that I have found kosher...do you know of any others?

Love & Light,
Pink
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 21:57

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%

You just found another Kosher Cal-gal!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 10:49

Plan: SF, grain free, vegan
Stats: 230/208.2/199 Female 5'2"
BF:More than enough
Progress: 70%

Hi, Shar...so happy to hear from you. Since you don't have a journal - why don't you? - this is the only place to make contact. Hope I hear from you again. Please come to my journal and visit there. You click on the icon journal at the bottom of my post. Teachkids you and I will have to swap kashrut snacks, meals...sweets - I miss my sweets!!!

Love & Light,
Pink
P.S. What's the name of the cutie in the picture? I have a Priscilla, poodle and an Emily, terrier.

Last edited by pink : Sun, Feb-02-03 at 10:51.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 18:10

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Do you need an ice cream maker?

To make these recipes do you need an ice cream maker or can you just whip things together in a bowl and freeze them? I've only made ice cream in big tubs surrounded by ice etc. I'd prefer to make little batches. And Teachkids, how much is in a carton of Rich's whip? 2 cups?

Mmmm... ice cream!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 05:40
Registered Member

Stats: 137/132/115
BF:
Progress: 23%

I can't remember specifically but I do think that the big one is 2 cups while the little ones are 1 cup
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 12:52
Registered Member

Stats: 270/232/145
BF:
Progress: 30%

If you have an ice cream maker at home you can also purchase Keto Ice cream... its like soft serve when it is done. It freezes HARD as a rock but you just let it thaw while you are eating dinner and whala yummy ice cream. The chocolate is the only one I have tried and it tastes like a fudgsicle. Very yummy when in need of ice cream. Ice cream makers are also pretty cheap these days. We got out at Target for around $20.00