Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 22:47

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi isphet,

you've lost 12 kgs in 8 weeks????? that's fantastic. i know how you feel about not having a drink (sounds terrible) but i miss not having a glass of wine every night, i am on induction too. but it's paid off for you!

cheers, sam

p.s. why shouldn't you be allowed to take the extra kgs? only fair really...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 17:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/187/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 60%
Talking

Hi there everybody! Yeahhhh ... the 2 drink hangover ... I know what that feels like!!! Years ago I spent 12 months doing Nutrisystem (American version of Jennie Craig)and lost 4 stone. Before I started I was a fairly heavy, regular drinker. I went completely teetotal, but 6 months in it was my birthday and I treated myself to 3/4 drinks. Talk about an easy drunk!! The bad news was I had a hangover by 10pm that night - it didn't even wait until the next morning to kick in!! That really took the enjoyment out of it.

Nowadays I only drink once every 2/3 months. As luck would have it the last time was Sat night and I especially wanted to check its effects, so I used an LPS strip before I started drinking and again 1st thing in the morning. I was in moderate ketosis before and back to moderate ketosis in the morning (didn't get any strange cravings either!). I was drinking wine in a tall glass with soda water (1/2-1/2 or 1/3-2/3)x4. I guess it really comes down to the individual and how each persons body handles alcohol.

"MODERATION IN ALL THINGS!"