Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-07, 21:52

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 100 inches
BF:I wish I knew!
Progress: 85%
Default Your fat/carb/calorie count for maintenance?

What is your fat/carb/calorie count for each day to maintain your current weight? What are you carb sources? what are your fat sources?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-08-07, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I don't count anything.

I eat as much as want of Atkins induction veggies, nearly every day I eat nuts, dark chocolate and plenty of heavy cream. I eat berries 2-3 times a week. Protein is as much as I want. Fat is as much as I need to keep me satisfied and my food palatable. I haven't added in high sugar fruits, starchy veggies or grains. I plan to only eat those as deviations on special occasions.

If I had to guess I'd say 80-100g protein, 150+g fat and 40g carbs and around 2000 calories.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 13:16
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
What is your fat/carb/calorie count for each day to maintain your current weight? What are you carb sources? what are your fat sources?

I don't count but did enter an average day into Fitday....and was surprised at 100 grams of carbs and 2000 calories. But I follow the SBD and was eating a good level of carbs the entire time I was losing so that my metabolism is used to handling them. My fat % was a bit too high for my liking though.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 13:45

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!

Like Elle, I've never counted anything! I've never used and have no idea how to use Fitday. Just weigh myself each morning and adjust my food intake according to the results. Works for me.

Bo
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-07, 17:52

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!

Just a quick follow up on the calorie counting thing. Several years ago my sister was visiting and was doing the weight watchers program. During every meal she had a small book that listed the calories in foods and would write in her notebook the counts of everything she had. She did lose and amazing amount of weight, but from my perspective it was distressing to watch. Something I would never want or could do.

At the end of the day, and on any diet plan, it's really only about the calories. It would just ruin my day to have to count them like she did. BTW, she’s gained all of her weight back plus a lot more.

Bo

Last edited by BoBoGuy : Sun, Jul-15-07 at 22:03. Reason: sp
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-07, 14:59

Plan: Weight Loss Study
Stats: 203/134.2/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 94%

I'm still trying to lose, so I'm not perfectly in maintenance. I east anywhere from 60 - 100 carbs per day and 1200 - 1600 calories. I dont know exactly on fat, but I'd say 60 - 150 grams per day. Plus I run 4x a week, bike to work every day and lift 2x a week.

My carb sources are mostly veggies and fruit (right now since it's so fresh and yummy!) and also some milk (in my coffee) and the occasional energy bar or flax cereal. Fat is mostly beef and cheese.

I write down my food in My P.L.A.N. every day. I plan to write down my food in some format or another every day forever. For me, this is a key way to stay accountable and for understanding what may be contributing to any weight gain I'm experiencing. It may seem like a pain, but I think it is incredibly important to find a way to stay accountable and on top of eating. If I don't do this, I know the weight will creep back on. It's not for everyone, but it works for me!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-07, 11:23

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I use Fitday pretty much every day, even though I reached my goal weight about 1 year ago. It satisfies my touch of OCD without being too time-consuming; I skip it when I'm at the lake over the weekend or if I'm out of town or whatever.

Some of co-workers are doing Weight Watchers right now and they're on the "points" system. Yesterday the "food police" for the day was telling all the other participants how many tortilla chips/salsa/cheese they could have when we were having a monthly birthday lunch with a nacho bar. I mentioned that this seems like lots of counting to me and she said that every day she counts out what she will eat for the entire day first this in the morning and then when she's eaten her "allotment" she'd done. All I could think of was how inflexible this is! What if you get a spur-of-the-moment invite out for dinner? What if you just decide at 6:00 p.m. that you're not hungry for chicken but would rather have an omelet? And doesn't it encourage you to eat all of your "allotment" whether you're hungry for it or not?

I enjoy the fact that I can eat what I want, when I want, as much as I want. Sure, I keep track just because I want to, but I don't eat according to what Fitday tells me and I certainly don't have to plan all my day's meals in advance, including quantity I will eat. I know it works for thousands of folks, but it wouldn't work for me!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 11:30
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 144/115/115 Female 5ft 2in
BF:35%/22%/22%

I don't normally count anything. A year or two ago, when I'd been maintaining for a while but started to gain, I tracked everything for six months, and averaged 60g carb, 1700ish kcals. I'm currently experimenting with slightly higher carbs (around 20-30g per meal) but I'm not actually measuring it. I just think in terms of some protein, not too much starch, and as much low carb veg as I want, with enough fat to make it taste good (quite a lot ).

I found the detailed journalling was interesting, but was starting to get a bit compulsive, and definitely wasn't the way I wanted to relate to food for the rest of my life.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-07, 08:11

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitra
I found the detailed journalling was interesting, but was starting to get a bit compulsive, and definitely wasn't the way I wanted to relate to food for the rest of my life.

I have spurts where I record things in MyPLAN, but then there are weeks where I don't even touch it.

I am however greatful for the times I do consistently record my food intake because down the road it helps to see if anything seems to be working or hindering my progress.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 02:54
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 144/115/115 Female 5ft 2in
BF:35%/22%/22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorra_1
I am however greatful for the times I do consistently record my food intake because down the road it helps to see if anything seems to be working or hindering my progress.

It was the same for me - it gives me a reference to see what I've changed, or an approximate plan to return to.