Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#3031   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 06:59

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Whew Jaz......hope today is a better day. It has to be, right? Sounds like you're going into it with the right attitude. I don't know anything about the contract you have with them, but I would think they would have to honor it. You will come thru it all....deep breath!

Nic, Trig.....enjoy every minute of your holiday with family!

Blue.....so sorry that your son is feeling poorly. Hope the meds have kicked in for him. I know it's hard being so far away.

Also sorry about your computer! OY! I can imagine the expletives that flew when that happened! As you said, nothing to do but bite the bullet and replace it. I know it hurts to spend all that $$ on an accident, but that's life.
--------
Gabby didn't get us up this morning. She didn't come into our room until she heard us stirring. Granted, it was 5AM, so still stupid early.

Had a good DD yesterday and the scale went back down. Today I'll eat whatever, just not in excess. I know I'll be doing some drinking tonight at our daughter's. Sometimes her husband mixes me up some "good" concoctions.

As for food, she usually makes a pork shoulder with beans & rice and a lovely salad. Her husband is Dominican, so beans & rice are a staple...and so good. She makes them with coconut milk which adds a yummy creaminess.

She asked me to bring some bologna, cheese and crackers etc. I'll stop at the grocery store after the gym this morning. I think I'll also get some cupcakes or something for the boys. We'll load up the Christmas gifts and hit the road mid afternoon. DH is driving me crazy.....we have to remember this, we have to remember that, don't forget this, don't forget that.......ACK!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas, my friends. Thanks for your friendship this past year and here's to another year of friendship in 2020!
Sponsored Links
  #3032   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 07:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Congratulations on your new job! To me that sounds like the perfect position. Just enough for a little pocket money and to keep you a bit busy. I'd be all over that.

I think I still harbor some resentment toward your sister's daughter, when she had her taking care of her kid while Sis was trying to recover from surgery etc. Then again, your Sis is the Mom and the onus is on her to draw the line. I agree completely that her D should not have gotten a dog that she can't care for on her own. That is what dog walkers and doggie day care are for!

Blue- OMG what bad luck. I would have been hopping mad, even though I would also know it was an accident. Good thing you had places to go! A new computer will just be a present to you! Costco sells them if you want me to price compare for you. They also extend warranties and offer free tech support.

I'm so sorry to hear your dear boy is sick. That would worry me so much so I empathize with how you are feeling. Big hugs to you and to him, that he can get well quickly.

Jaz, Oh dear. My dear girl, if it were not Christmas I would be on my way over to hug it out (and/or drink it out) with you. I am sorry for whatever the hell is going on over there. Do you have your contract handy? Surely they can't just tell you to leave, can they? I doubt they would. But gosh, what a truly horrible day. Can't blame you at all for being face down in pasta. I would have been too, no doubt.

How much of your school debt was leftover from the other job? I am still hopping mad about that too. You have been screwed over several ways in 2019. 2020 will be a better year for you!

Hey Trig! Happy Xmas Eve! Enjoy your family day and meal today!

••••••••••

All is well here although eating was not squeaky clean yesterday. The next couple of days will be janky though, I know that. At least I am going into them in a better place than I would be otherwise!

Going into today happy and ready. I'll do some food prep today (corn pudding, artichoke dip, bread pudding) so that those are ready for baking. Shrimp are partially defrosted, bread has been left out to get stale etc. Tonight I'll get the overnight monkey bread in the oven to be ready for breakfast.

We're going to a service at 2:30, and to a Korean steakhouse for dinner. Then we do the drive through Xmas light display, Xmas jammies and ornaments, xmas movie and then xmas stories and cocoa. DD and SoIL are spending the night here tonight. DS17 has to work from 10-5 so we will start xmas morning earlier than usual- by 7:30AM. Full couple of days coming up!

Hugs!
  #3033   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 07:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, damn girl. Chillax.

A travel nurse....this WILL happen. They need you or they don't. DO NOT take it as a personal thing. You are a service they hire. If needed great, if you are not needed I would think it could change at the blink of an eye on that. ROLL WITH IT.

Being Xmas that screws up so much. You can't get ahold of people you need to speak with. ugh. Again, chill thru the work, get the pay reading mags til you can't.

You learned a lot on this gig. Maybe rent by the week. A hotel room or whatever kind of thing instead of monthly apartment rentals.

I think you need again to research tips and tricks from travel nurses who do this and they are now comfortable with fast/on the fly changes that happen to their work gigs and living quarters. Learning more about it will help you.

Sorry it is all going crazy but think of it as OK...it is OK to have crazy like this. New and learning....crazy will happen LOL

Your eating can help you feel better. Your carb addiction will just make ya bloaty and more depressed. Not worth it at all. Hold your zero carb eating!!!! You will feel SO much better physically and mentally!!!

Ahhh, feel for ya Jaz. A lot on you but you got this big time!! You will be ok. first time gig is a learner for sure.....do just that....learn thru it all and this all makes it more real on what you have to deal with etc. I still think this is a good thing for you for a bit to keep trying. Then you will know and if it isn't a good fit, you can go get any job near your home when you want. Your resume will get you that easily Hold strong.

Blue....your supper club outing sounds amazing. fun and relaxation and laughs. can't go wrong.

OW OW on the laptop. that is a high dollar mistake....ugh...but having that martini near ya so fast kept you in line HAHA I tell ya, it rains it pours!! At least it is just a thing ya know, stuff, while annoying it is replaceable. But OW on that one

Hope your son is on good meds. He should hopefully get over that soon. Wishing him well fast!!

Lori....cool on your new job. Nice thing is you can see if it is a good fit or not. Great it has low hours. Ones you can make? or are they set for you? Hopefully it turns into a decent little gig for you. Wait to see how you like it, give us a report later when you actually start there...cool

You got a nice day going on with family. DH is driving ya batty to load the car and not forget things this early? HAHA I do that to my hubby when leaving on an rv trip. I can't get loaded fast enough and hit the road LOL

Nicco…..I washed my dog yesterday HAHA mine stunk too and groomer closed so I bought dog shampoo. He looks insane fluffy, out of control....whatever they do is better than what I do LOL

Sounds like you are very ready for the holiday. Chillax thru it, I will

hey all

today is shop with mom for lasagna stuff for mom to make it in a bit.

hubby out buying 2 filet mignon, 1 big one for me, med. size for my kiddo.
jumbo shrimp for me with my steak.

making 2 racks of ribs in crockpot, finish off in oven for some crisp.

some crispy bread and done

Christmas Eve dinner will be fine.

Kiddo will be making her gingerbread train and decorate it. She likes doing that each holiday.

off to get moving. kid getting excited for her presents tomorrow LOL
  #3034   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 16:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

quickie in for right now- back later with personals-

Just wanted to update ya'll -
Spoke to the director and expressed my concerns. She did say they knew that I was hired in a position that wasn't really needed. That being said - they discussed it BEFORE I GOT there. That if indeed the gal on FMLA got back early it was OK because they could always use an extra hand. They are going to honor the contract and live up to what they agreed to. Today was really good as I got to actually work!!!!

So- HUGE relief!
Making steak- BACK ON PLAN!!!!!- Christmas and all!!!

Going to face time kids and mom in a little bit! I am so relieved!

Back Later-
MERRY EVE!!!!!!!!!- enjoy tonight all-
Have a candle lit, Christmas music going, in jammies- presents I brought with- to open while face timing!!!

Have great night all
  #3035   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 17:03

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all---

Jaz---I am doing the elf's dance for you, bells ringing on my cap! I was horrified to read about your day yesterday, of which the worst part was "Oh, maybe we're just going to throw you in a snow bank because what's-her-face came back." Those staffers were rude and talking about what they did not know about, at your expense. Shows to go you how much you can trust the grape vine. Anyway, it's over now, you're in for 12 more weeks, they found your time card, and the crock pot did not burn down the place. Falalalalalala, la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Enjoy your dinner back on plan and enjoy making a little pot of gold tomorrow at work.

Nic---With son home and all your kids ready to participate in your holiday traditions you must be so far into your happy place we might never get you back. You'll just float around as the totally contented woman and not need us anymore.

Trig---Thinking of you guys w/piles of crab meat and steaks and lasagna too right? Something for everyone. And kiddo is bringing up the caboose in gingerbread! Y'know we all kind of crab and complain as the holidays seem to go on and on but when the real thing is here, it's still just so lovely to sit back and enjoy.

Lori--- You're probably at your daughter's by now and hopefully enjoying the very active festivities when grandchildren are involved. At least your hubby doesn't have to worry anymore that everything got packed. I worry about that too, and if you'll recall, last summer I ended up at my brother's cabin w/out my freaking suitcase! Ha. Worrying doesn't help much it turns out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY, all is calm, all is bright. BIL AND SIL will be here in less than an hour. I love this part when the house is sparkling, table set, candles everywhere ready to light, carols on, and it's just hubby and I chilling before the action starts.

Talked to son today and he is feeling much better having gotten down two doses of antibiotics. I was so relieved, but still told him if his breathing gets short or pains in the chest he is to go straight to the ER. I know I sound like MamaBear big time, but these young kids tend to feel invincible and don't know how dangerous things that involve the lungs can be.

Merry, merry, merry to my fab LC gals!
  #3036   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 17:57

BF:

Just a quick post to wish you all a Merry Christmas! We just finished a yummy dinner and will have a quiet evening.

Jaz...so relieved for you. Glad you had a good day. Do you expect to be busy tomorrow?

Big hugs to all of you!
  #3037   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 20:21

BF:

Great evening with kids and mom on face time!

So happy to see most have checked in today!!!!
Yes- relieved and ok that they are a decent facility and honoring what they said they would do!!!!!

BLUE- love the calm and light and bright and sparkling before the dance of the holiday! Enjoy!

Same for you LORI/ TRI/ NIC- Enjoy tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU GALS!

Tomorrow working for the $$$- should be quiet!!!!! Fingers crossed!
They are making a Christmas lunch for those of us working...... ughhhhh- might take a pass on that..... ham is salt bloat- I dunno- I will see.....

Tired- two nights in row no sleep- up early tomorrow!!!!

Merry Christmas ladies!!!!!!
  #3038   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 21:59

BF:

Squeaking in to say good night to all! Jaz, I am thrilled that your director was able to ease your mind and it sounds like all is well for the remaining time in DE. Great news!

Also glad, Blue, to hear your son is feeling better.

Everyone enjoy your night (what remains, anyway) and tomorrow! I will try to check in during the lull after presents and breakfast and before cooking and hosting.

Tonight was a church service (clock punched til next Christmas!), Iron Age Korean barbecue dinner, hot cocoa, drive through light show, and reading of Xmas stories. Presents have been laid around the tree, stockings are stuffed and overnight cinnamon rolls in the oven to rise. All is calm, all is bright. Sleep well!
  #3039   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 22:25

BF:
Progress:

Hi all---

Jaz---I am doing the elf's dance for you, bells ringing on my cap! I was horrified to read about your day yesterday, of which the worst part was "Oh, maybe we're just going to throw you in a snow bank because what's-her-face came back." Those staffers were rude and talking about what they did not know about, at your expense. Shows to go you how much you can trust the grape vine. Anyway, it's over now, you're in for 12 more weeks, they found your time card, and the crock pot did not burn down the place. Falalalalalala, la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Enjoy your dinner back on plan and enjoy making a little pot of gold tomorrow at work.

Nic---With son home and all your kids ready to participate in your holiday traditions you must be so far into your happy place we might never get you back. You'll just float around as the totally contented woman and not need us anymore.

Trig---Thinking of you guys w/piles of crab meat and steaks and lasagna too right? Something for everyone. And kiddo is bringing up the caboose in gingerbread! Y'know we all kind of crab and complain as the holidays seem to go on and on but when the real thing is here, it's still just so lovely to sit back and enjoy.

Lori--- You're probably at your daughter's by now and hopefully enjoying the very active festivities when grandchildren are involved. At least your hubby doesn't have to worry anymore that everything got packed. I worry about that too, and if you'll recall, last summer I ended up at my brother's cabin w/out my freaking suitcase! Ha. Worrying doesn't help much it turns out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY, all is calm, all is bright. BIL AND SIL will be here in less than an hour. I love this part when the house is sparkling, table set, candles everywhere ready to light, carols on, and it's just hubby and I chilling before the action starts.

Talked to son today and he is feeling much better having gotten down two doses of antibiotics. I was so relieved, but still told him if his breathing gets short or pains in the chest he is to go straight to the ER. I know I sound like MamaBear big time, but these young kids tend to feel invincible and don't know how dangerous things that involve the lungs can be.

Merry, merry, merry to my fab LC gals!
  #3040   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 22:26

BF:
Progress:

Whoops, double post. Looked like it wasn't sent later tonight, so I hit submit again and there it was - 2 of 'em.
  #3041   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 04:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccofive
Tonight was a church service (clock punched til next Christmas!), Iron Age Korean barbecue dinner, hot cocoa, drive through light show, and reading of Xmas stories. Presents have been laid around the tree, stockings are stuffed and overnight cinnamon rolls in the oven to rise. All is calm, all is bright. Sleep well!

Clock punched.....you had me cracking up on that HAHA

Sounds like a wonderful evening for you!!! Enjoy!!

Lori so glad you had a nice evening also!!!

Jaz, even tho working, wishing you a happy holiday and make those big bucks girl!! You can give joy to those around you that are not feeling well!

Blue, your sparkling table sounds wonderful!

hey all

dinner last night was great. Lasagna, crispy bread, 2 racks of ribs on the table with 2 different bbq sauces on some, some just plain. I had filet mignon and a few plain ribs. Everyone stuffed themselves LOL Then dutch oven apple pie for all with ice cream/whipped cream. Only my mom and kid had all that HAHA too much food around, ugh

I had a few drinks. Diet caffeine free pepsi and rum. I made those suckers hefty. I bloated up like a maniac. Soda bubbles nail me to no end and just make me miserable. I got more 'icky, sicky' type off the booze then feeling great and buzzed. I can't tolerate alcohol hardly anymore eating zero carb. Which I guess is a good thing??? heehee…...so up 2.5 on the scale from sheer bloat from that soda and booze. Hey that is ok, will be gone by tomorrow. No drinking today at all. I don't want it.

I went to bed at 8. To rest my eyes. Opened them back up at 12. Up for a bit to get out presents under the tree and back to bed. Up at 5. I got enough sleep! That liquor knocked me out...lol...kid didn't make her gingerbread train, she was tired. Might make it today later?

today is presents, chill out and enjoy the day.
big roaster chicken for the table tonight with usual sides. mashed taters, veggies etc. For me chicken and ribeye. Taking today very easy.

SO....hubby and his brother don't like each other mostly. eh, I don't know much on it all, bits and pieces and personally I don't care one bit about it HA HA but he and his wife were driving from Kentucky to a hotel last night to visit his mom. She said they were arriving very late yesterday. So hubby said if they want to come to our house for Christmas dinner today.

yea thanks. Enough food? I guess I will make sure I do have enough on the table if they come. His mom is to call us later and let us know.

I just wasn't in the mood for this. His bro I never met. His wife I never met. UGH.....and me being anti-social type person mostly.....bleck.

But hubby said he was cool with inviting him since it is Christmas and I guess he is mostly over the BS that was between them? and all......so I said whatever, your call on that one. Not my family, it is yours LOL

So will see if this goes down. I got leftover ribs and lasagna that can hit the table with the chicken and some other crap I can wrangle up.

so presents in a while when kid wakes.

ALL YOU GREAT FRIENDS HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!
You guys are the best!!!! Hope Santa treats you all very well

check in later and can't wait to read your wonderful reports on your holiday!!
  #3042   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 04:51

BF:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS MORNING-!!!!!

BLUE- 2 posts! We will take them- even if it is a duplicate! I always catch something second time around! Hope you had a great evening with your company! I bet you had a delightful time!

Awesome too your son is feeling better!!!!! I agree- most people don't know how fragile we really are! So I am glad he is going what he needs to get better, antibiotics or rest, both!!!

NIC- I can so see your tree, gifts, the happy commotion! Warms my heart!!!! - Thank you for sharing your self and pics with us! It brings us right in and we can visualize it! Sounds like a beautiful day on tap!!!!!!!!!

Lori- - I know you are up sipping on coffee even away! Hope you had a great night and safe travels home!!!!
I can't wait to hear how your evening went!

Trig- - I too can see you hanging in and having coffee watching the kiddo open her gifts! - So nice you are having the mom's in! Enjoy your crab legs!!! I am having them too!!!! On track!
Are you a reader? You said you picked up a couple books for your mom. Do you like to read? I go through spurts!
------------------------------------------------------------
All is finally well here in DE!!!- The hospital drama is over thankfully. I can settle in and just do my job!

There is only a handful of people working today- skeleton staff. But they are doing this big carb dinner. Ham, cheesey potatoes, Green bean casserole, and apple dumplings, pumpkin pie. Hummmmm.....
I made strip steak last night and it was darn good. I am thinking I will cut it into bite strips and put some blue cheese on it and take it in.

Then tonight after work- I will have my crab legs and watch a sappy Hallmark movie! Everything has shut down here including the local news! I am not kidding. They put on the "yule" log fireplace video- so staff could have the morning off!
So I am writing to you watching the Yule log fire- and listening to Christmas music, it's nice actually. I could see having this in the back round with the commotion of a morning Christmas with kids. It is very relaxing.

Face timed the kids and my mom last night. It was nice. Not quite the same as being there. But I am so glad we have that technology to face time! We are literally a click of a button away from each other!!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!!!!!
  #3043   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 05:07

BF:

Trig we were cross posting! Good Morning GF!!!!! You had me cracking up with the wrangle up more food. It is awkward to have people you don't know well in with the family. However I thinks its great that the Pork Chop decided to extend the olive branch and enjoy the holiday - IF HE DOES.

At any rate it sounds like you will do your thing and they can do theirs! I am sure you will have enough grub!!!!!!- I am sure they are not staying past dinner anyway!

I hear ya on not needing boozy drinks when in Keto deep. It can hit ya quicker. I have noticed that too! Yeah on that - keeps the wine to a minimum. I like having a glass before bed to unwind. It has never been an issue with bloat for me, or a hinder to losing weight. It is stress and carbs that kill a diet!
But I can see where more than one- will stall a diet pretty quick.

I look at the holiday as just that- a time to celebrate, working or not! I think as long as the food is clean- good to roll with it! Enjoy your Pepsi and rum!

I too can't wait to hear how your day rolls!!!!!!

Yours and everyone else! Oh happy day!
You are right- I can give a little cheer to those stuck in a hospital bed today! We had 10 admissions last night as I was leaving- so they will all be there when I roll in! That would really suck. I know I am leaving at the end of the, urghhhhhhhh.

Speaking of we had 3 deep lacerations from kids in their 20's- cutting food!!!!! YOU ALL BE CAREFUL!!!!!

Ok- getting another cup of coffee. I am slated to face time the grandkids this morning before work- to wish them Merry Christmas.

Ok- Lori has more than likey popped on!!!!
  #3044   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 06:02

BF:

Good morning and Merry Christmas!

DH and I got up about 6:15...no one else up yet. I brought some instant coffee packets so I didn't have to fuss with DDs coffee maker. Not bad.

I actually slept pretty good last night...a Christmas miracle!

I'll post more later when I'm home on my laptop. Too hard pecking it out on my phone.

Have lovely days!
  #3045   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 16:00

BF:

Merry Christmas, one and all! Hope you all have had a lovely day. Folks are due to arrive in about 15-20 minutes for appetizers and dinner, but I wanted to say Merry Christmas and I'll see you tomorrow! xoxo
Closed Thread